Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
hello everyone,
I have a MacBook Pro mid 2015 a1398 15"inch with 512gb ssd.
I bought the Samsung 970PRO 1TB with sintech adapter, I did installed everything properly inside the computer itself and the MacOS Mojave VERSION: 10.14.5 - and I have a some problems with that.

-sleep mode - I'm trying to sleep my computer and it sometimes ok and sometimes the computer crash.

-startup - when I'm turning on my MacBook Pro it most of the time show me "flashing folder with questions
mark", and sometimes its turn on regular.

-restart - when im restart the computer it sometimes show me the flashing folder and sometimes its works fine.

I have tried to do some tutorials that explain how to write some different codes in terminal, it fixed it for 1 hour. but I think when in turn my computer off it restarting everything, and all the code is reseting.

please HELP ME!! :(

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
hello everyone,
I have a MacBook Pro mid 2015 a1398 15"inch with 512gb ssd.
I bought the Samsung 970PRO 1TB with sintech adapter, I did installed everything properly inside the computer itself and the MacOS Mojave VERSION: 10.14.5 - and I have a some problems with that.

-sleep mode - I'm trying to sleep my computer and it sometimes ok and sometimes the computer crash.

-startup - when I'm turning on my MacBook Pro it most of the time show me "flashing folder with questions
mark", and sometimes its turn on regular.

-restart - when im restart the computer it sometimes show me the flashing folder and sometimes its works fine.

I have tried to do some tutorials that explain how to write some different codes in terminal, it fixed it for 1 hour. but I think when in turn my computer off it restarting everything, and all the code is reseting.

please HELP ME!! :(

Don't do Time Machine. Reinstall the macOS again, a clean install. I have the mid 2015 full specs with a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB performing with flying colors.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Don't do Time Machine. Reinstall the macOS again, a clean install. I have the mid 2015 full specs with a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB performing with flying colors.
This is what i did my friend, i have the same problem
HELP HELP

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
MacBook is running the master bootrom?

Exactly which Sintech adapter is being used?
I dont know, how can i check it?
And how do i know with is the master bootrom?
(Now my computer doesn’t turn on at all, black screen)

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Now my macbook pro dont turn on at all, black screen and getting heat so bad when the adapter and the samsung ssd inside, i have tried to rest “smc” after millions of tries, I successfully earsed the ssd again, and when i tried to install the mac os it got back to the start, black screen and getting heat so bad. Please help me :(

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Are you using the long or short adapter?

Was the MacBook running the latest version of Mojave before installing the Samsung nvme?

You can find the bootrom version in system report.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can you recommend diffrent best adapter for it?
I have always recommended the short green or black Sintech adapter. People have reported success with "no name" adapters from AliExpress too.

Is it possible that the drive and/or board is bending while inserted in the MacBook. Some users have reported a slight bend in the drive and/or adapter when using a long adapter. Some users have even cut/trimmed the long adapter to prevent bending.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
I have always recommended the short green or black Sintech adapter. People have reported success with "no name" adapters from AliExpress too.

Is it possible that the drive and/or board is bending while inserted in the MacBook. Some users have reported a slight bend in the drive and/or adapter when using a long adapter. Some users have even cut/trimmed the long adapter to prevent bending.
I think you solved my problem!!!
I have tried to Release the screw so the ssd will be straight to the connector.
And it worked perfectly on the first turning on. I will try for a little time and will tell you if there is still problems!
Thank you so much!!!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think you solved my problem!!!
I have tried to Release the screw so the ssd will be straight to the connector.
And it worked perfectly on the first turning on. I will try for a little time and will tell you if there is still problems!
Thank you so much!!!
That's great news. I hope this solves your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.