Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If I disable lock screen notifications, Edge lighting will still trigger when the phone is in use.

I researched this for a while and the only workaround was to download a 3rd party notification app which would wake the screen about 60% of the time, rendering it useless.

It boggles the mind that Samsung see fit to have so many options and tweaks available but obviously waking the phone on notification receipt like iPhones and Pixels is deemed a step too far.
I hear you ... probably a project moved to more than 1 team and some code or structure was kept, but not looked into further on each set of teams on the project for development.

Man if I could get in as a project manager I'd ... but wait hold up!

Reactions: Sebalto and keithop

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I hear you ... probably a project moved to more than 1 team and some code or structure was kept, but not looked into further on each set of teams on the project for development.

Man if I could get in as a project manager I'd ... but wait hold up!
If I disable lock screen notifications, Edge lighting will still trigger when the phone is in use.

I researched this for a while and the only workaround was to download a 3rd party notification app which would wake the screen about 60% of the time, rendering it useless.

It boggles the mind that Samsung see fit to have so many options and tweaks available but obviously waking the phone on notification receipt like iPhones and Pixels is deemed a step too far.
I suspect this can be resolved by using routines and modes

As far as I can tell as a minimum the edge lighting can be set to fire on every message received and avoid other complications with edge lighting noted by OP

I expect with a little experimentation other than opening the msg app others will trigger screen to wake, you can even select what apps msgs will fire this event and when and where etc etc

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Gotta say I'm loving more and more every day the S23+. I'm still discovering new features, some I knew but didn't use before.

For example, in One UI 6.1, the remaster feature is awesome! It indeed improves a lot the pictures I've tried, mainly night pictures. They now look sharper, clearer and with better contrast. Can't wait to receive some of the Galaxy AI features. If we receive most of them, including circle to search, man, this phone is gonna keep awesome for so long.

I'm still amazed by the premium design and build quality. The phone also keeps extremely fluid after 5 months of use. GoodLock still allows for some amazing customisation.

I've created a mode just to change wallpapers fast and seamlessly, just with one press click. So many things to try out and improve the overall experience. Awesome job Samsung. I just wish, like I've previously said numerous times, that notifications turned on the screen just like in iOS. Every trick I've tried doesn't work as I would like it.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Sending back S24+ and hanging onto S23+ 8/256 GB.
The s23 plus is an excellent phone. I personally think the s24 plus is a very worthy upgrade but it is certainly not a need.

I have an s23 series phone and it is still as fast as the day I bought it. The battery life is still incredible.

But those tiny bezels, super fast 8 Gen 3, 12 gb ram, quad HD screen, aluminum armor frame and great colors for the 24 and 24 plus I think the plus got the best upgrade treatment. But I can understand keeping what you have.

As long as it works for your needs then no need to change?

Reactions: airbusking

airbusking

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
Texas
Recently, not sure what caused my screen to look washed out, dull? Researched on line and it was suggested to go to Accessibility>Vision enhancements>turn off (if on) color correction and color filter. Fixed. Now why or how did that happen? The only software change was Feb update. If anyone else has this issue, hope this helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.