Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung has expanded upon its "Ingenius" ad campaign with three new videos titled Dongle, Fast Charger, and Camera.

In each of the videos, Samsung depicts an Apple Store employee having a conversation with a customer, attempting to justify the iPhone compared to the Galaxy S9, as it relates to the camera, dongles, and more.

In the first ad, a customer asks if he can use his wired headphones with the iPhone X, and the Genius informs him that he will need a dongle. The customer then inquires about charging at the same time, and the Genius says he'll need another dongle. The customer then says, "so, a double dongle."

For what it's worth, rumors suggest Apple will include a faster 18W charger in the box with its upcoming 2018 iPhones.

In the second ad, which has the same format, a customer asks if the iPhone X comes with a fast charger, like the Galaxy S9 does. The employee says no, informing her that she can purchase a Lightning to USB-C cable, along with a USB-C power adapter, for fast charging. The customer has a puzzled reaction.

The third ad emphasizes that the Galaxy S9+'s camera has a higher DxOMark score than the iPhone X--99 versus 97 respectively--although DxOMark has attracted some criticism, and camera quality can be subjective.

Samsung shared the first ad in this series earlier this week, highlighting the Galaxy S9's faster LTE download speeds versus the iPhone X, based on Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence Data from February to April 2018.

The ads don't even try to hide the fact that it's supposed to be an Apple Store, and are a clear jab at "Geniuses." Samsung has repeatedly tried to mock Apple and the iPhone, though, so this is par for course for them.

Article Link: Samsung Mocks iPhone's Camera, Lack of Headphone Jack, and More in Latest Galaxy S9 Ads

Reactions: jamesrick80

isaac_appleweed

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Everyone: Samsung...stop. Stop, Samsung. Will you stop, Samsung? Samsung, stop. It's time to stop Samsung. Please stop, Samsung. Samsung, you have to stop. Samsung, stop now.

*Samsung releases new "Ingenius" ad mocking the iPhone X's thick bezels*

Transcript

Apple customer: "Oh so the iPhone is suppose to have this really gorgeous bezel-free display, right? How come the Galaxy S9's screen bezels look thinner?"

Apple Genius: "Oh, that's because Jony Ive decided to make the borders thicker so you know...you can buy the next iPhone which will have slimmer bezels."

Apple customer: "So I guess I should just get an S9 instead because it is already better than the next new iPhone...?"

Apple Genius: "Oh look, here's an iPod, it's really revolutionary."

*"Switch to Galaxy" music plays*

Last edited:

jimothyGator

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Samsung ads always strike me as preaching to the choir. They appeal to smug Samsung fans, who then turn the ads into talking points to take jabs at iPhone users…and we smug iPhone users are just as unswayed by the ads as the jabs.

Will the ads turn an iPhone fan into a Samsung customer? I doubt it, but that's probably not Samsung is trying to do. Will it solidify Samsung fan's opinion even further? Probably, but they were already Samsung fans. So the big question is, do these ads persuade customers without strong allegiances to become Samsung customers?

My gut says, no; snarky, smug ads appeal only to snarky, smug fans. But I could be wrong.

Dragonlord_66

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2018

Samsung has expanded upon its "Ingenius" ad campaign with three new videos titled Camera, Fast Charger, and Dongle.

In each of the videos, Samsung depicts an Apple Store employee having a conversation with a customer, attempting to justify the iPhone's lack of a headphone jack and lack of a fast charger included in the box.

A third ad also emphasizes that the Galaxy S9's camera has a higher DxOMark score than the iPhone X--99 versus 97 respectively--although DxOMark has attracted some criticism, and camera quality can be subjective.

Samsung shared the first ad in this series earlier this week, highlighting the Galaxy S9's faster LTE download speeds versus the iPhone X, based on Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence Data from February to April 2018.

The ads don't even try to hide the fact that it's supposed to be an Apple Store, and are a clear jab at "Geniuses." Samsung has repeatedly tried to mock Apple and the iPhone, though, so this is par for course for them.

Article Link: Samsung Mocks iPhone's Lack of Headphone Jack and Fast Charger in Latest Galaxy S9 Ads

Wait till SAMSUNG removes the headphone jack and did i mention how the S6,7,8,9 all have cameras that over saturates the colour
while the fast charging is a valid point but in my defence if you have a macbook your use of iphone will be less like for phone call, message,reminder,calender all can be done through the mac.
while this argument is valid for me most people dont use laptop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.