Samsung GS2 On Top Of The World - WOW!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal Jordan, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hal Jordan macrumors member

2. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

So since the world is round... which side is the top?

I'm assuming he doesn't have AT&T.

3. Steve99 macrumors member

How do we know it has good RF performance, perhaps any 3G phone would have worked there.

The provider also didn't install the solar cell 3G site to save people from paying high satellite phone rates, they did it so they can make money!

4. patp Guest

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

What else is new? They need to make themselves feel good about their device. :D

6. Hal Jordan thread starter macrumors member

But you have to admit, this is the first time an Android phone has received this much attention from a lot of us iPhone users. You have no idea how shocked my friends are that I am actually moving from my 3GS to an Android phone and not even waiting for the iPhone 5. I rode the iPhone train for as long as I felt it was the most smoothest running device.
    The SGS2 is simply devastating. I've spoke with die hard iphone users who have made the switch with no remorse, and I am confident I will be more than pleased. As I said, if I could only use one word to describe this phone, it would be.... Devastating.

7. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I'm sure if you took an iPhone 4 to the top of the mountain, it would also work. It's cool, I will admit, but at the same time it's sorta pointless. (I guess not to the man in the video, as he got to call his wife)

But hey... At least you know that if you ever have to climb mountains, your phone will work.

Enjoy your new purchase.

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

First im hearing of it and I have an iPhone 4 :rolleyes:

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

As far as I remember people were creaming themselves over the HTC EVO as well

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Bye

See you when you come back for the IPhone 5

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Again, those people who switch phones so easily-you must not have a lot of (paid) apps or not have a 2 year contract?? :confused:

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

No offence, but wrong forum

This is either a thread about a Samsung phone or about the Nepalese 3G network, neither of which has anything to do about the iPhone....

I wonder how much Samsung is paying people to spam this forum (not accusing OP by the way...).

13. pika2000 macrumors 68030

How can it be on top of the world when it's not even available in many countries like the US?

14. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

It's a great phone but no need for all these threads on it.

Going to get it very soon and will get an iPhone 5 as well so the best of both worlds for me anyway and I'll probably sell the one I use less eventually.

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Come on to ****.

You started a SII thread already, this could easily have gone in there or one of the numerous other SII thread about.

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Really? another SGS2 thread?

No...its not. It happened with the Nexus One, HTC Desire, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Galaxy S, Atrix, Inspire, Thunderbolt etc etc

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

So true. And it gets a little tiresome TBH.

18. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Apple started the controversy, that's simply a fact. It began as: Apple vs. Microsoft.

Then it progressed over the years to Mac vs. PC.

Next it was Apples long running efforts to create a cult like following of "Apple People".

Steve Jobs created this culture within Apple based on huge ego's and massive arrogance.

He let people create their own titles on their business cards, like genius & rocket scientist. Its true, I know this from having friends at Apple and living in that area of silicon valley. Therefore I am intimately aware of Apple culture and history.

Being a master sales person, Steve Jobs went to New York to meet with Chiat & Day. They were the largest ad agency in the world. Together they created the cult commercials "I'm a Mac & You're a PC. Apple then spent millions running the commercial over and over for years. That's what started all of this acrimony.

Now its the defacto standard, and therefore in the eyes of "Apple People" you're forced to choose sides like a cult. You're either with them or against them. But only according to "Apple People"

Everyone else in the free world knows they can think for themselves. They can happily enjoy both if they wish.

Speaking for myself, I love living in the free world.

I love choices and prefer Macs, yet I also enjoy my PC's, iPhones, Android's and Window's Phone 7.

It's as simple as that... :)

19. ninjadex macrumors 6502

So what's the problem? My advice: don't be so quick to label people, and make ridiculous presumptions about people you don't even know.

20. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Hmmm, I am going to say that Apple and Apple's fans have only themselves to blame.

If you market your product to a bunch of loudmouth fanboys and bandwagoneers, then you should be ready to deal with the blowback when those same people start talking crap about your product when something shinier comes out.

The fact that Apple has sued Samsung over the 'aesthetic' of Samsung phones and devices should tell you that they are genuinely worried.

21. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

aslong as you hold it right :p

22. Ktdhc macrumors member

Stop trolling the fanboys :(

I find it funny how people can get so defensive over a phone as if they're the only ones with that phone. Everyone and their mom has an iP4, it's nothing special. Just use whatever phone you like.

23. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

All Hail Apple Hype "It's Magical and Revolutionary"

WoooHooo... :)

24. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

It's funny how androids have got this one straw to grasp, when it happens to all phones, even .... Androids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.