Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
BREAKING:

Samsung Pressure Touch® technology is the "Next Big Thing" in Samsung's 24 Inch tablet!

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Why would they release a "pro" tablet with less ram than their mainstream phones?

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Tablet/television hybrid = telebet?

I think those are found at racetracks.

I thought MS was on to something with the original Surface, because it was a true simultaneous multi-user device. No one had done that before (or since). While the Samsung image has four people attacking the tablet at once, they're using a single app (supposedly).

Dr.Saadawi

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2015

Samsung may be working on an "iPad Pro" style tablet of its own, with a new report from SamMobile suggesting the company is currently in development for the tablet, codenamed "Tahoe," on an Android 5.1 Lollipop-based operating system and with an 18.4-inch screen. Samsung would target the tablet to enterprise and educational environments, with a lesser focus on day-to-day personal usage than the company's current line-up of Galaxy tablets.

nabi_tablet_20-800x454.jpg

The kid-centered nabi Big Tab 20-inch tablet

The rumored tablet -- with the model number SM-T670 -- will feature a TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The Lollipop system will be powered by an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, include 2GB RAM along with 32GB internal storage, with the option to expand thanks to a microSD card slot that supports up to 128GB cards. According to SamMobile, the tablet will also measure 451.8 mm wide by 275.8 mm tall and be 11.9 mm thick.

Apple is rumored to be developing its own larger-screened tablet, the so-called iPad Pro, which is believed to include a 12.9-inch screen. If Samsung's 18.4-inch "Tahoe" device does become available, it'd be one of the biggest tablet on the market, with a screen that's about 10-inches tall by 17-inches wide, far larger than most standard laptops.

Article Link: Samsung Rumored to One-Up Apple's 'iPad Pro' With 18.4-Inch Android Tablet
Finally I will be able to control the tablet with my feet. Long Live Laziness! ☺

Mystic386

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
Watching them whip it out to take pictures on holiday will be interesting. I can imagine it appearing at the end of a selfie stick.

Reactions: navaira

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
A 18.4-inch tablet? I do not think that would be useful (there are already hybrid devices that work as a PC and as a tablet), so we would have to see how many "tablets" Samsung sells
And there are external monitors with 20+" that can be separated from their stand and contain an Android device. They however are more than an inch thick and weigh three kilogram.

Last edited:

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
In before iPad Pro.
And the Jukebox was in before the iPod. Weight becomes an issue with tablets as they get really big. The cut-off point where people don't even like carrying it around in their house or don't like to use it on their lap might be between two and three kilograms.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I don't see how a 120 ppi tablet is in any way an iPad Pro competitor. Maybe it's useful for something (portable Netflix tv?) but it's a totally different product.

fox-big-tablets.jpg

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I reckon that’d be great.
18” is too big though, (for a tablet anyway right guys?). Until Apple make one of course and then it’s the perfect size.

No its too big and the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+ are also too big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.