Samsung to Hold Event on August 7 to Unveil Galaxy Note 10

Tick410

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2019
I wonder what they'll unfold next...
I like the "Fold" jokes towards Samsung. At least Samsung pulled them before release instead of "Bending" the narrative like Apple. Get it? "BENDING" like the iPhone 6 and iPad Pro 2018!

Attachments

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Smartphones are not tablets. Nobody holds them by the bezels. One would have to have really small hands to be able to hold an iPhone by the bezel :)
[doublepost=1562090394][/doublepost]
There were at least two important NFC based features before Apple Pay: Google Wallet and automatic pairing of smartphones to photo/video cameras (and other devices).
Re: bezels. Disagree. I hold mine by the top/bottom bezel one-handed all the time for watching video. Almost daily.

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
I like the "Fold" jokes towards Samsung. At least Samsung pulled them before release instead of "Bending" the narrative like Apple. Get it? "BENDING" like the iPhone 6 and iPad Pro 2018!
Hahahahahaha! That’s hilarrrrrious. Good one! Except, folding was never a feature that Apple has yet released in mobile hardware.

Reactions: fourthtunz

W.O.P.R.

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2018
The smartphone is probably the form factor that a pen/stylus makes the most sense. It was so handy to pop out the stylus and take quality notes, quick sketches and informal lists as compared to typing them in on a miniature virtual keyboard. The problem with them was that they were required to do anything with the device. When companies eliminated the stylus for the virtual keyboard they tossed the baby out with the bathwater. For the tasks that it does well little else can compare.
When taking quick note on the go a small notepad and pencil are the most practical choice. A stylus paired with a smartphone can fill that same niche if given a chance. And no, an external stylus isn't a good option as they get lost, can damage the screen, break, etc... where an internally stored one tends to last the life of the device.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I like the "Fold" jokes towards Samsung. At least Samsung pulled them before release instead of "Bending" the narrative like Apple!
Except, they put the Fold in the hands of reviewer‘s who slammed the Fold. They should never even left the factory and obviously were not thoroughly tested through R&D. Because if they were actually ready for a mass release, this never would have happened in the first place. It’s a bad look for Samsung, period. So don’t give credit to Samsung for something that they shouldn’t have released in the first place.

Last edited:

Falhófnir

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
I prefer the hole punch cameras, but centring it makes it look more intrusive again, better to tuck it off into the corner.

When you hold these phones you realise that Samsung keeps the best OLED panels for themselves.
Apple's iPhone X OLEDs have a higher fill density than Samsung's usual diamond pentile solution, this helps to reduce one of the biggest drawbacks of OLED, that grainy look from the large gap between subpixels. As far as I'm aware, as yet the iPhone X/S/Max are the only phones to use this improved subpixel layout.

https://www.oled-info.com/iphone-x-has-different-diamond-pixel-structure-samsungs-galaxy-displays

SomeSoftwareGuy

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
Until then, tone it down with the "ignorant rants" crap - we all have opinions based on our own experiences, and my experience is certainly that LTE took years to get to usable speeds/availability, and it's still nowhere near used as much as the technology allows.
And yet that's exactly what it was an ignorant rant. You, nor, the poster of that "rant" knows anything about what the entire mobile industry is going to move to and why they will adopt something new.
[doublepost=1562103888][/doublepost]
5G operates on various wavelengths including those used by 4G. It's not just about the millimeter wave bands. 5G also offers better tech on the traditional wave bands (improving bandwidth).
Might as well just stop, I swear the people here would argue that nobody needs fiber-to-the-house or gigabit internet speeds at their homes. Who would watch TV over the internet when we can have satellite or cable TV!?!?

"I don't need 5G, so nobody needs 5G, ut-huh, ut-huh, ut-huh"

nikaru

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Let's hope it doesn't explode.

That being said, Apple need to start upping their game. iPhone X line of devices are starting to look dated.
Dated? The iPxone XS is still the fastest smartphone out there by a large margin. Even the iPhone X is still perfectly competitive with other flagships.

Reactions: fourthtunz

Tick410

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2019
Except, they put the Fold in the hands of reviewer‘s who slammed the Fold. They should never even left the factory and obviously were not thoroughly tested through R&D. Because if they were actually ready for a mass release, this never would have happened in the first place. It’s a bad look for Samsung, period. So don’t give credit to Samsung for something that they shouldn’t have released in the first place.
Let's see... Pulling a defective item before it hits the market, or selling a defective item to the consumer. Then instead of recalling the item, tell your customers that, "its it's not a defect and the item should be fine." Samsung definitely took the most consumer friendly option.

macrumors Demi-God
Oct 2, 2016
Hahahahahaha! That’s hilarrrrrious. Good one! Except, folding was never a feature that Apple has yet released in mobile hardware.
Yeah, they didn’t need to release that feature, it came included in their latest products including the new iPad Pro’s. Oh I forgot as Apple said... it’s your fault they bend. ;)
[doublepost=1562119023][/doublepost]
Fastest at what?
Opening up the dialer app.

Suckfest 9001

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2015
Canada
And yet that's exactly what it was an ignorant rant. You, nor, the poster of that "rant" knows anything about what the entire mobile industry is going to move to and why they will adopt something new.
[doublepost=1562103888][/doublepost]

Might as well just stop, I swear the people here would argue that nobody needs fiber-to-the-house or gigabit internet speeds at their homes. Who would watch TV over the internet when we can have satellite or cable TV!?!?

"I don't need 5G, so nobody needs 5G, ut-huh, ut-huh, ut-huh"
Lmao please, I’m a developer in the mobile industry, don’t be so pretentious

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Let's see... Pulling a defective item before it hits the market, or selling a defective item to the consumer..
You should research your facts before you quote yourself, because the 6000 Series aluminum used on the iPhone 6 was not a defect, it was just a weaker version aluminum compared to the 7000 series that they used on the iPhone 7/Apple Watch. Two things are not mutually exclusive in your post.