Satisfied with the iPhone X.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allthingsapple!, Oct 5, 2017.

1. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

I received my case today for my iPhone X and I must say, the size is pretty perfect. I was very skeptical and anti-X prior to this week, I even had an iPhone 8 for 14 days, but knowing myself I knew I'd want to at least try the X. A lot of posts had me nervous as they were discussing the ratio of the X being " the same width" as the regular sized iPhone "but taller". In person, that's not the case at all and the screen ratio seems like it will be perfectly fine. The phone case fits comfortably in my small hands which I am excited about because I currently have a plus and it is just too big for me.

2. Relentless Power, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's the one thing I wish I could do. Would be at least hold a dummy iPhone X to see what it feels like in my hand. I know I will like the phone and all the features it has, but I would just like to hold it physically to have an idea of its form.

3. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I agree and unfortunately, don't have access to a dummy so I decided why not order a case (which even came with a free screen protector) and I am now comfortable with my decision to wait for the X. The case I got is definitely comfortable to hold and I like the size of it. I don't think I'll have much trouble using the phone one-handed like I do now when I use my plus.

4. Relentless Power, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think that's going to be one the biggest factor for me, is the comfortability of holding it one-handed. I enjoy my iPhone Plus, but having the smaller form factor would be ideal for me. I look forward to having The 5.8 screen real estate in a smaller footprint.

5. Damon2 macrumors regular

Theres dummy's on ebay if you really want one

6. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Yes absolutely. When I think back to why I even got a plus in the first place for me, it wasn't because of the bigger screen but because of the nice camera. The screen was obviously an added bonus haha but as you've said, having the smaller form factor would be ideal.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017 ---
    thank you! I'm content with my case/screen protector combo for size though :)

7. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

I would suggest trying an iPhone 8 in your hand. The X has virtually the same footprint as it's only 3-5% larger.

For me, the X feels too narrow/small and the Plus is a bit too wide.

8. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Not just eBay, there are dummies everywhere.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

What?! You have a whole forum here, including me! :D

10. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I ordered a case today and am expecting delivery over the weekend. I'm fine with the size of the 7/8 Plus and would prefer something that big or even a bit bigger. The Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 7/8 Plus are almost the same size but if you do a side by side comparison you'd see how much more screen you get with the Note. I'm looking forward to the X-S Plus or whatever the name will be of the plus sized version of the X.

FYI - https://www.phonearena.com/phones/s...,Apple-iPhone-8-Plus/phones/10414,10478,10411 and click on "View Side by Side."

11. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

I had the 8 and I disagree. I think that 3-5% makes a big difference as the case feels wider than the case for my 8 (I have the same case for the X and the 8).
    I’ve tried to attach a picture of my old iPhone 6 inside of the iPhone x case for reference but I keep getting an error message saying the file is too large. Any suggestions?

12. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

If you want a real-world example, go handle a Galaxy S8 at Best Buy, Verizon, etc.

Really. That's pretty darn close to what the iPhone X is like.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

-I think the X isn't for me.
    -I frequently already find my 6s a bit too tall in my pocket.
    -I watch a lot of tv on my phone and the size will be about the same.
    -I do agree that for the majority of portrait use it will be amazing.
    -The notch seems that be the most controversial point and I don't think I care much either way.
    -For the same price I would find it a tough choice. For the price premium, no thanks.

14. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

So, you're satisfied with the X by just holding the case ? Makes sense!

15. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

You can use https://imgur.com/ to upload instead.

16. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I have a case (Caudabe Veil XT) coming today or tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing how it feels in the hand. I am confident that I'll love it though because I was never a big fan of the overall size of the Plus. I bought it because I wanted the higher resolution screen, better camera, and 3GB of ram. Looking forward to all of the Plus features and some in a smaller package.

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

As the OP obviously implied, the OP is satisfied with the dimensions of the X.

18. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Not as per the thread title.

19. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

The display width of the X is about 3mm (1/8") wider than the 4.7" iPhone 8.

As a Plus user, I don't think it will cut it for me. I'm quite used to the width of the keyboard and using the phone in portrait mode.

20. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

with the dimensions, yes I am perfectly satisfied. I've had several iPhones and can already tell you I'm going to be satisfied with the phone as a whole. I am already on iOS 11 and I am satisfied with that as well. My only qualm was the size and after holding my case that issue is no longer present.

21. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

So you stopped at the title? Didn't bother to read the OP's followup? Here ya go:

tl;dr: OP's X case indicates the X will be a satisfactory size for him/her.

22. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

The "title" of any thread should be expository. Not a difficult concept to grasp, for most.

23. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

That's the problem with the world today...everyone needs such direct and specific explanations about everything...If this thread does not interest you please do move along. It's quite simple. :)
    Thank you. I don't know why the world has to be so offended about EVERYTHING nowadays...it's truly not that serious.

24. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Offended ? lol !

I suppose basic writing skills is a lost art now.

Oh well, moving on..

25. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

That’s funny. I just got a Caudabe Sheath for iPhone X for the exact same reason. I don’t know how much I can judge from just the case though. It seems like size aside, it’ll be tough to judge the feel of the full screen without using the actual phone.