Saving Podcasts in iTunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrt209, Jul 5, 2016.

1. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I subscribe to several podcasts like I Need R3hab. If I want to save each episode and add them to a playlist in my iTunes library would I just download the podcast, drag it into the playlist in my library, and chance the tag from "podcast" to "music"? Do I need to do anything else?

I found this guide... but not sure if it's for an older version of iTunes because it suggests I covert the ID3 tags, then drag the files to my desktop and re-add them?

Just want to make sure I am doing it the right way and the files are saved correctly.

Thanks!

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Curious, why would you want to change it from "podcast" to "music"? In your eyes, what's the benefit?

3. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Allows me the keep everything in the music app (right now to listen to a new episode have to look in the podcast app), and it allows me to change meta info... i.e. I always add the tracklist to the lyrics section.

Also most of the podcast by DJs I subscribe to used to have free downloads on soundcloud but then switched to iTunes, so I already have playlists for older episodes of the podcast and just want to keep adding to them.