saving your baseband for 4.1!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikeee, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mikeee macrumors regular

i have a quick question guys, if you were to save your baseband and upgrade to 4.1, what if you later want to restore your phone again fresh on 4.1 again, would the baseband then change to the one of 4.1's ? or afterwards if you restore it, the baseband would stay the same forever

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Say you saved your old baseband. If you do a restore it will be updated no matter what.

That is why the Dev Team warns you not to update your iPhone until all tools are updated.

3. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

so even once i get my iphone to 4.1 firmware with the 1.59.00 baseband of 4.0.2 firmware's, that 4.0.2's baseband would change if i happen to want to restore my iphone again ? i can't use tinyumbrella to do the process?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

On IP 4, if you continue to use TU while restoring, your baseband shouldn't ever change.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, every time you restore or update an i4 if you have TU running your baseband will stay the same and you can preserve it for as long as you want.

6. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

and the only way to downgrade back down the firmware you want, you must have the shsh blobs saved and everything is done with T.U. open as well, correct? i currently have 4.0.2 thats is not jailbroken yet but i don't want to update to 4.1 *sighs* but AT the same time, i couldn't save my shsh blobs because a jailbreak wasn't out during the time i got my iphone so i guess i can only save 4.1 and up SHSH blobs

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Yes. You must have SHSH files saved, on your computer or on Cydia. To use them, use TU for on your computer or edit host file pointing to Cydia. And, you can save your files with TU even if your phone is not JB.

8. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

how do i save my files with TU without being JB ? i clicked on "save my SHSH" on TU and it was saying "making connection to cydia" or something so i figured that since i dont even HAVE cydia on my iphone, it wont work

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Tinyumbrella didnt work for me. I was forced to restore to 4.1 and lost my baseband capability. Be careful.

11. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

What do you mean by TU does not work?

If you cannot get your iPhone out of recovery using TU for the first time then close TU, reopen and again try to remove iPhone from recovery mode.

If that too does not work (Worked for me) then I guess there is another too called iREB i guess to remove iPhone from recovery!

12. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

i just jailbroke my 4.0.2 with limera1n and i didnt see the "make my life easier" on cydia ...so i dont know what hapeppened cus i didnt press anything. BUT i did manage to save my shsh blobs thru tiny umbrella, does this mean whenever i want to go back to the firmware that is saved, i can do so? or do i have to save my SHSH blobs everytime i want to restore?

13. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

and the phone was never jailbroken on 4.0.2 before so idk why i didnt get the "make my life easier" function.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because you already started saving your shsh's with TU and a copy has been forwarded to Cydias server. So its not going to ask you.

15. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

so does that mean it will auto save all the upcoming firmwares as well? or do i have to manually save the shsh blobs through tiny umbrella everytime a new firmware comes out.

16. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Autosave works, may take weeks for it to show in Cydia. The best thing to do is save through Tinyumbrella when Apple starts the signing window for new firmware.

17. Liberty. macrumors 6502

Can't be wrong if you save them manually, Apple is not releasing FWs every two days, so the effort shouldn't be high.
    Catshit.

18. taimur macrumors member

19. geko29 macrumors 6502

TU (or recboot, et al) also won't kick an iPhone out of Recovery on an x64 windows box unless libusb is hacked in. I've just been using RecBoot on a mac to accomplish the same task, then going back to the PC to restore the backup.