Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Never thought I'd see the day where sperm was the more desirable discussion point. Spiders are some scary feckas.
Sperm. Its whats for dinner.

I always try it myself first, then with the shame of failure upon me I hand it over with a distinctly defeated look on my face. With manly hubris he opens the jar with ease and I always reply: "Well, I loosened it."

And frankly, everytime we do it, we feel more accomplished about that than anything else we did that day. Turned in the reports on time to work today? Nah. Ability to throw the paper towel in the trash from half way across the room? Nah. Opened the pickle jar after your significant other cannot do it? Pride and accomplishment a-plenty. :D

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I always try it myself first, then with the shame of failure upon me I hand it over with a distinctly defeated look on my face. With manly hubris he opens the jar with ease and I always reply: "Well, I loosened it."
That response only carries weight if you use it intermittently. Then, it's really annoying since we can never tell when you're being sarcastic or when you're actually sapping our masculinity.

Maybe mayo jars are different outside of Portugal but here I just bang the lid against the counter a little bit and then they open fine...
I knew you'd say that! It's funny how many women open jars that way. I think it's kind of funny in a sweet, feminine way.

Gad that sounded sexist..

I know. We'll have to watch this development, they'll be wanting the vote next.
Or drive. I'm not looking forward to that at all. :D

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Damn this is just going to drive the sperm donation business right into the ground, just another casuality in this economy. Even the lowly "sperm donator" is out of a job.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
That response only carries weight if you use it intermittently. Then, it's really annoying since we can never tell when you're being sarcastic or when you're actually sapping our masculinity.

I think it's a little of both. :D

I knew you'd say that! It's funny how many women open jars that way. I think it's kind of funny in a sweet, feminine way.

Gad that sounded sexist..

:p

I'm a good driver. And I can drive a stick. :cool:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
And frankly, everytime we do it, we feel more accomplished about that than anything else we did that day. Turned in the reports on time to work today? Nah. Ability to throw the paper towel in the trash from half way across the room? Nah. Opened the pickle jar after your significant other cannot do it? Pride and accomplishment a-plenty. :D

I get even more satisfaction when one of my male friends fails, and I make it look really easy. :)

Too bad it's usually the other way around. :(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Awwww, very glad to help a good cause.

Oh I do my level best to open those fuxers on my own. My failures are sporadic but genuine. :D I won't start banging the lid on the breadboard if I have a man around though, because that would take away his satisfaction, you see.

And I can even drive! http://upc.*************/uploads/smilies/bis.gif Learned in Los Angeles, where it's drive good or be abused. Little did I know that L.A. was nothing compared to London. :eek:

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Women of MacRumors: if us blokes didn't exist, whose plate of chips would you eat when you go out for a pub meal and order a salad?

You'd miss us if we weren't here! :p

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
There's lot of stuff that only men can do!

Lowering a toilet seat, apparently.
Forgetting. Women never do. None that I recall anyway..
Walking around topless. (Sits, waits, expectantly..)

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
There's lot of stuff that only men can do!

Lowering a toilet seat, apparently.
Forgetting. Women never do. None that I recall anyway..
Walking around topless. (Sits, waits, expectantly..)

1. That didnt make sense. Men never put down the toilet seat. If I have put it up so I can pee, my girlfriend can put it down so she can pee. Why should I do all the work for all urinary practices?
2. So true. So true.
3. Any women who are willing to prove this point invalid remember: Pics or it didn't happen.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
1. That didnt make sense. Men never put down the toilet seat. If I have put it up so I can pee, my girlfriend can put it down so she can pee. Why should I do all the work for all urinary practices?

Men can put the toilet seat down, we just choose not to. Being the efficient creatures that we are. Women can't, that's why they're always "asking" (ahem) us to put it down for them.

Next time the seat's down when I go in, I'm complaining she never lifts the toilet seat up for me when she's done*.

(* Nice knowing you guys. Miss me when I'm gone..)

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Men can put the toilet seat down, we just choose not to. Being the efficient creatures that we are. Women can't, that's why they're always "asking" (ahem) us to put it down for them.

Next time the seat's down when I go in, I'm complaining she never lifts the toilet seat up for me when she's done*.

(* Nice knowing you guys. Miss me when I'm gone..)

My prayers go out for you. Stay safe young rebel. You will be forever remembered here on MR for what you have done for mankind, and what is left of your body will be forever shrined here in our museum.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ The husband and I have no toilet seat debacles. We both have to lift something (lol) because the lid gets closed. I think it's disgusting to flush a toilet without the lid being shut. All those aerated toilet particles! *shudder*

I know I've got a keeper because he has only ever forgotten to close that bastid a few times. :)

*cracks whip*

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Hm. Call me old fashioned, but I always put the seat back down. I am male, but it's a minor little thing that shows consideration for someone else..

It's only the MAJOR things I fail to do. :D

I'm a good driver. And I can drive a stick. :cool:
Do you drive on the wrong side of the road over there? I can't keep European countries straight on which do/don't. If you do drive on the left, welll... :D

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
:D

Was it in Lisbon?

Yep.

Lisbon to Peniche (for a week of surfing. I say surfing, in reality the sea beat me up for five days. Good fun though!) It was the scariest car ride of my life. The driver was very much from the school of 'Drive it like you stole it' and didn't concern himself with such trivialities as other vehicles on the road. I blame him entirely for the amount of Super Bock I drunk that holiday! :D

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Yep.

Lisbon to Peniche (for a week of surfing. I say surfing, in reality the sea beat me up for five days. Good fun though!) It was the scariest car ride of my life. The driver was very much from the school of 'Drive it like you stole it' and didn't concern himself with such trivialities as other vehicles on the road. I blame him entirely for the amount of Super Bock I drunk that holiday! :D

I figured. :D Taxi drivers here are just crazy. We have extremely narrow streets here, but they seem not to care and speed through them all the same.

But I'm glad you had fun. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.