Scotland and N Ireland Delays...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ducky280, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Ducky280 macrumors regular

Hi Folks,
    So it would seem loads if not all iPad pre orders too Scotland and N Ireland have changed from 16th to the 20th or 21st...

BUT

There going to have them in Store in these places on the 16th? WTF?

If they can be there on the morning on the 16th, why can't they go out for Delivery?

or

Why can't we have the option to pick these up in store?

Anyone know who can answer these questions?

2. Haxatron macrumors newbie

I spent hours casually refreshing the UK store to get my order in, had to resubmit order five times before it worked and get rewarded with a 4 day delay for my efforts :rolleyes:

3. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

Sucks don't it....

I understand things can go wrong, BUT if they can get the Apple store iPads to the stores before the 16th in these areas, why can't they get them to our houses?

Most things ships to the area in the morning (around 5/6am), then go out for Delivery!!!

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Well I've not yet had the email and I'm in Central Scotland. 32 GB 4G Black.

5. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

Your one of the lucky ones, and it makes this even more strange!!!

Mine still states 16th Online, BUT, I had the email this email this afternoon :(

6. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

I'm in Glasgow and delivery date hasn't been changed so far. Keeping fingers crossed to stay like that!!

7. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

glasgow..... check fedex's shipping costs/time map

[​IMG]

8. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

Thanks I'll surely do that!

9. nataliamck macrumors 6502

I'm one of the unlucky people in northern Ireland.

Ordered 32gb, wifi, black at 4am. Got the email today saying it'll be delivered on 20th.

Phoned Apple. Woman who I spoke to had no clue why this had happened. She actually offered to cancel my order so I could go queue all day to get one. I couldn't believe she suggested that after getting up at 4am to preorder.
    She said that the emails had been sent from logistics who I asked to speak to but she said I couldn't talk with them.

I asked if the Belfast store can get a shipment why can't I get my iPad and she didn't know. She didn't have an answer. I asked could my iPad be sent to the Belfast store and I collect it on Friday and she said no because retail orders and online orders are completely separate.

I'm very annoyed about this since I took the time to wake up in the middle of the night to preorder but I'm not getting mine until 4 days later. Very disappointed in Apple.

10. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

I got the same info..... I was like, so can you ship mine to me by the 16th, "NO as your in N Ireland", but you'll have them in store on the 16th in Belfast?, "YES of course, if you want to cancel you'll order and cue then I can do this for you"!!!

LOL Shocking.....

11. joesploggs macrumors regular

Has anyone confirmed with their stores that they are actually getting them in on Friday? I'll be calling in on the Belfast store on Monday to ask. I assume they're onsale in the morning and not the 5pm launch like last year?

Very disappointing- although I didn't get one, from what I have read there was no problems getting pre-orders of the iPhone 4S to N. Ireland and Scotland on time for launch day.

With regards to N.I. I wonder does the bank holiday on Monday 19th got anything to do with it.

----------

Ducky- just read your post. Did they actually say the delay was because you are in N. Ireland?

12. nataliamck macrumors 6502

I actually considered this but there should be no reason it can't be here by next Friday, regardless of the holiday on Monday. They have never had problems getting products to northern Ireland on launch day before.

13. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

Not in those words, but that's the message I came away with... I think the poor lass didn't have a clue and was just stating what she had been told to say, but she agreed it wasn't right but couldn't change it...

14. ripkord macrumors 6502

15. joesploggs macrumors regular

It would be good if they updated our online order tracking on the apple store so that the delivery date reflected the email. Part of me wants to believe that the email was a mistake!

I don't think the delay emails have been coming in dribs and drabs. All those that got one received it early afternoon- right?

16. nataliamck macrumors 6502

Yes. Received mine at 14:17 today.

Although I was thinking, for northern Ireland, they maybe thought they would deliver a day later and I don't think there's post on Saturday then Monday is a bank holiday meaning the delivery date would be Tuesday 20th. But maybe (dreaming) they could get it to us on Friday. Being hopeful.

17. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

I ordered mine on the 8 March 2012 09:58:06 GMT, stating a delivery on the 16 March, but got a email from Apple, today, stating delivery on the 20 March.

18. iWannaBeAdored, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

Got my order confirmation at 01:58am 8th March. Received the delay email informing me that my order would be delivered on 21/03/2012 earlier today however when I tracked my order it still said delivery for the 16th March. Phoned Apple and they confirmed the delay so I asked for them to cancel my order and I'll queue up in Glasgow on Friday.

Model: Black 32GB WiFi

19. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

I think the shipping dates will update online upon them shipping...

Deffo not a mistake and if there was a chance of them being there on the 16th, they would not have emailed us...

----------

What time are the stores selling them from? You know?..

20. jonbags macrumors newbie

I'm still hoping for the other way round. There may be a chance that they're not here on the 16th so they're saying they won't. Easier to update it to an early date at the last minute than the other way around.

21. N!kk! macrumors newbie

Lucky one here, I'm from Scotland and haven't had any emails about any delays.

Actually I just checked the website while writing this and its changed to:

Preparing for Shipment Delivers on March 16
    Not eligible to cancel or return

22. Zcott macrumors 68020

Any word on what time stores will be opening on the Friday? In the States you can reserve online for in-store pickup, and although I asked the Apple live chat folks, there's no word on whether the UK will get this option.

23. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

It'll be interesting to see if anyone who has had the dreaded Delay e-mail, has their order status change to Preparing for Shipment, over the next few hours...there are numerous reports of people's order status's changing to preparing for Shipment now.

24. Ducky280 thread starter macrumors regular

Am keeping a eye on mine....

25. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

My one is preparing for shipment and deliver on 16th as well.