Screen size question for those who chose the 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ARizz44, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

For those of you who made the decision to choose the 6S above all other phones out there, regardless if you are coming from a smaller phone, the 6, or downsizing from a larger phone, how do you feel now? Are you still happy with your decision? Do you ever feel the phone is 'small' or that the screen is inadequate for any of your needs? I am talking screen size only. Not asking about feelings on battery life, lack of OIS, or non-1080p.

I've read many times from 6 Plus and 6S Plus users that the 4.7" seems small now. Some describe it as a 'toy' now in comparison and that is fine. I am not seeking opinions of the larger phones at this time. I am just curious if those who chose the 6S, for whatever reason, have now found any regrets regarding the smaller screen size. I appreciate anyone willing to share.

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Hey finner! I can't comment as I have stuck with the Plus size again this year. Do you still have the 4.7" iPhone? If so, How do you feel about the 6S screen size? Still liking it?

3. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Hi friend! I am once again on the 4.7 and most of the time I really do like it. But it seems every time I walk the halls at work and see plus' lying on the tables, I get envious. It has been an absolute inner battle for me ever since the two sizes were announced. My issue is purely size. Not OIS, battery, or 1080p. Most of the time I am completely content on the 4.7 but other times I would love that 5.5" screen. Even with my hands (the size of a catchers mitt) I still find whipping around the smaller of the two to be much easier.

4. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

It's funny, because I feel the same way as you when I see everyone at work with their iPhone 6/6S. Sometimes I wish that I could go back to a smaller phone like that, but I don't want to give up those features that the Plus model has. This is why it would be great if Apple would just make a 5" or a 5.2" screen only that incorporates what the 5.5" model offers now. Samsung has done this for the past few years with their 5.1" Galaxy line, and I think Apple would do fine with it as well.

5. Moi Ici macrumors regular

I posted this in another thread:

Me too. I have both the 6s and 6s plus. Love the screen of course on the plus but don't like the weight or the thickness of it. I love the feel and weight of the 6s but miss the screen of the plus.
    When I'm out and about I want the weight & portability of the 6s but the screen of the plus. I'm finding the plus is too cumbersome to pull out when I am out and therefore am not using it as much as I have the 6s. I'm talking about whilst moving about, once I'm stationary/sitting I love the 6s plus. I know these are problems of a ridiculous nature, but am finding it hard to stick to one or the other. If the plus was slimmer it would be great, it just seems like a lug of a phone compared to the refinement of the 6s. Maybe an iPad mini 4 and a 6s, dunno.
    Good luck with your choice.

6. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Well, the 6 Plus of last year was a little slimmer. But remember that one had issues with bending which is the reason Apple went thicker with the new 6S and 6S Plus.

7. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I chose the 6s because I wanted portability. I have a iPad A2 and a rMBP for around the house. I am perfectly happy with the 6s.

8. Moi Ici macrumors regular

Oh yeah, I'm aware the phone is thicker for a reason to be sure. It just feels (to me) like a big thicker gangly version of its more refined sibling the 6s. Of course I wish I had left the 6s plus alone and just stuck to the 6s, but like
    Finner 18, I got big screen lust whenever I saw one. I swear some people must have thought I was going to nick theirs as I would look at it just to get an idea of "everyday behavior" or "iPhone 6s plus in its natural habitat" ;).

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I haven't actually compared the two side by side. Is the 6S Plus really that much thinker than the 6S? It doesn't seem like it would be to me.

10. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

After reading that I swear you and I may have been separated at birth lol

11. Moi Ici macrumors regular

Here's the kicker....I have the Apple Watch and as it only syncs to one phone at a time (have to unpair when changing phones & the whole thing takes an age to resync with the other phone) I have been only using the iPhone 6s Plus for now. If I could just grab one phone or the other (pop in sim) it would be great and I'd put up with the extra cost of having two phones. The whole bloody thing is making me resent the Apple Watch. Which I had loved.
    Arrgh, I need help!....mental help. God, I kinda hate myself a little for all this nonsense.
    You finner 18 are not included in this crazy situ. You are my sane twin :).

12. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I notice what phones people are using when i walk around at work or if I am out and about. I buy a plus off of swappa only to use it three to four days and go back to my 6S and resell the plus. That does me fine for about a week and then I am back on swappa. I want the plus when I have the regular and I want the regular when I have the plus. Trust me, my sanity went out the window many moons ago. I've lost all control.

13. Moi Ici macrumors regular

We are twins! Insane twins!

14. MandevilleMike macrumors newbie

I have a good one for you. So far I have purchased under contract the 6 and now the 6s. During these time I have purchased 2, 6+'s at full price and 2, 6s +'s at full price but returned all 4 within the 14 days. The struggle is real:) as I sit here writing this I still want a 6S+!

15. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I had a bit of struggle between the two sizes but settled on the 6s, which I've had for about a month. Occasionally I think that the Plus would have been nice, but the reasons I got the 4.7" haven't changed. I value portability more than the larger screen. And when I need to use it one-handed, I can do so with the 6s. I would be more concerned trying to do it with the Plus.

16. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

came from the 1080p 5,5" OnePlus One. I like the size of the 4,7" 6S much better. One Hand use was annoying with a 5,5" phone.

17. mauwrr macrumors newbie

What made me decide between the 6s and the 6s+ is the awkward feeling when you're about to answer call with a 6s+. I can do away with the screen because I own an iPad and I really like its portability and ease when typing.

18. Moi Ici macrumors regular

I'm not a twin, we're triplets. Or, maybe there are many of us..........!

19. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

This very last time of trying the S Plus (last weekend) really screwed with my head because the size for once really didn't bother me a ton. But I used it caseless the whole time and I know that even throwing the Apple leather on it would make a difference.
    I almost feel like a lot of it is mental in the fact that my first six phones were either 3.5" or 4". I'm conditioned for small phone privacy. I whip the plus out in the mall and I feel like I'm texting on a plasma for all to see. I know I know, I need help.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

S+ for me as I had the 6+ before. No way I would go to a smaller screen.

But this is a personal preference thing and each has to decide what is best for them.

21. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

For portability, you can't beat the smaller 6s. It fits easily into my pocket and can be used comfortable with one hand. That said, I opted for the 6s+ because of the extra features and I stream a lot of YouTube and Netflix on my phone.

22. Saberon2014 macrumors member

Wife and I upgraded both our iPhone 5's this week.

She got the 6S+. She uses it at home more than not, and loves watching Netflix and playing games. She has no interest in a computer or tablet so in a sense the 6S+ is her computer. She loves it!

I got the 6S. I am always on the move for work and while I LOVE the big screen on my wife's phone, the portability for me was a deal breaker. Using the phone 1 handed is an absolute must for me, and it's barely manageable on the 6S+. If I compare my 5 to the 6S, it's a big jump (bigger than 4-5 which seemed huge to me).

At the end of the day, portability/1 handed use is what won me over. I'll reevaluate in 2 years but for now I'm very happy.

23. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Before I had the 6 (which I again had prior to the 6s) I had the iPhone 4s. Going all the way from 3.5 to 4.7 inches really was an interesting experience. It felt big. Like in really, really big. But after a few days I already started getting used to it. Everytime I hold a smaller iPhone it definitely feels like a toy. That's how small it is. I even wonder why on earth I ever managed to live with such a small phone. Such irony. xD

24. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I would like to think that the 7 (though I will wait for the 7s), will have smaller bezels so that, if Apple keeps the 4.7" and 5.5" options, the Plus will be noticeably smaller overall than it now is.

25. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Yep, I'm happy with my decision. I am able to use it one handed and it doesn't protrude out of my pockets etc. I have an iPad for media consumption so I only needed a phone. I know for a fact that my iPad would see less usage if I have bought the Plus though so what I have now complements each other instead of overlap