Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reorx

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2004
San Antonio
BruinJohn said:
I installed it and now my bluetooth doesn't work. I have an apple wireless keyboard and it doesn't connect anymore. I have a sony ericsson T616 and it doesn't connect anymore. Has anyone had problems with bluetooth? It was working fine before. maybe its the internal bluetooth module. I have a pb 12" 1.33 combo. If anyone has had the same problem or knows how to fix it, please help! I have applecare but I don't want to be without my computer. Hmm, maybe they can't fix it so I'll get a new one. I can hope can't I? :) Please help......

Can you turn off and then on bluetooth in system prefs? They may just need to be re-discovered and paired. However, I'm using a PB 17 with an Apple wireless kb and Logitec BT mouse and they both worked fine after the update. Let us know if you get it working...

BruinJohn

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2004
Bay Area, CA
bluetooth still doesn't work

I also have salling clicker on my computer and it won't let me connect it either using bluetooth. I don't know what to do. I turned off my bluetooth, then turned it on. I rebooted my computer. The salling clicker panel says that it cannot find the bluetooth module and that I should turn it on. But I have an internal one cuz I have the 1.33 12" pb. Is there a way for me to turn on the bluetooth module or zap it or reset it? man, this security update sucks. Maybe I should use my applecare and get it fixed. I'll be macless for a while. Maybe I'll get a mini while I'm there....

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
BruinJohn said:
I also have salling clicker on my computer and it won't let me connect it either using bluetooth. I don't know what to do. I turned off my bluetooth, then turned it on. I rebooted my computer. The salling clicker panel says that it cannot find the bluetooth module and that I should turn it on. But I have an internal one cuz I have the 1.33 12" pb. Is there a way for me to turn on the bluetooth module or zap it or reset it? man, this security update sucks. Maybe I should use my applecare and get it fixed. I'll be macless for a while. Maybe I'll get a mini while I'm there....

Have you run Repair Permission, Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility? If that doesn't work, then I would give AppleCare a call.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Well I finally updated the iTunes and Security update on Tuesday. As suggested I disconnected my OWC Mercury and ran repair permissions after the update. Can't really notice any changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.