Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brisully

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2006
Chicago Area
Man, It Didn't Work For My "mail Problems". For The Past (2 Days) Now I Haven't Been Able To Get Or Send-out My Mail To Anyone. Is Anyone Else Going Through The Exact Same Problems That I'm Going Through Right Now Or Is It Just Myself Here? I'm Really Am Hoping That The Mac Os X (10.4.10) Update Tackles Major Issues To "mail", Don't You?

Looks like the update capitalized the first letter of every word you type. I think I will hold off.

:D

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I'm holding off on this one until more reports come in.

10.4.9 was completely flawless for me, normally Apple Software QA is pretty good, so I wonder what is up here?

aprilfools

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2004
Southern California
No problems here. iMac G5.

1 Restarted Computer
2 Repaired Permissions
3 Ran AppleJack
4 Restarted Computer
5 Ran Software Update
6 Restarted computer (was Long Restart x2)
7. Repaired Permissions again
Good to Go!!

Ben

rabidwonton

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
One really really long reboot followed by a kernel panic, followed by a kernel panic, followed by a kernel panic, followed by giving up on booting OS X for now and booting windows =(.

MBP 17" Core Duo here.

g3ski

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,817

ortuno2k

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2005
Hollywood, FL
Double reboot on mine too.
I downloaded it, pressed restart and walked away but still heard it reboot twice.
It's been up for an hour without any problems.

Sabon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2003
Seattle, WA
No problem on my Core2Duo 24" iMac with 10.4.9

No problem on my Core2Duo 24" iMac with 10.4.9. The whole thing took about two minutes from the first reboot to me back up and working. As far as I can tell no problems with any apps.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
This looks like the kinds of services that might have needed hooks or facilities for iPhone type things.

Are you suggesting that they'd provide these in a security update? Seems more likely to be included in 10.4.10 than a security update. It's not about providing new "features," it's about patching old ones. And the article specifies what they patched and why.

Shadow said:
Hmm...whats the update to ruby?

173080 said:
I'm wondering the same thing.

The article does a fine job of laying out what has been fixed.

CVE-ID: CVE-2006-5467, CVE-2006-6303

Available for: Mac OS X v10.3.9, Mac OS X Server v10.3.9, Mac OS X v10.4.9, Mac OS X Server v10.4.9

Impact: Denial of service vulnerabilities in the Ruby CGI library

Description: Multiple denial of service issues exist in the Ruby CGI library. By sending maliciously crafted HTTP requests to a web application using cgi.rb, an attacker could trigger an issue which may lead to a denial of service. This update addresses the issues by applying the Ruby patches.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Here's to hoping that my machine will be okay. I am running on a 2.16 Core 2 Duo 24" iMac so hopefully there won't be a problem...;)

guy4apple

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2007
Michigan
When using Software Update, it had some trouble locating the software to update, it stayed on that for like 3 minutes. Anyone else get that?

And during the first startup, it hung on the caps lock light.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
What's with all the people freaking out over double reboots. This has been normal part of some updates for quite some time now. If I recall correctly, it has to do with how the Mac updates certain parts of the software.

bhibbert

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2005
I think you should be calling Comcast now...

I've got Comcast and I'm lucky if I get 1 mbps. I used to get close to 3 mbps all the time with DSL, with the same computers (1 Mac, 1 WinXP), same router, same everything. Only thing that changed is the ISP and the modem. And Comcast's regional headquarters is within walking distance. Grrrr

Anyhoo... It's still plenty fast enough most all the time, and DSL is not an option anymore (no longer available where I live).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try testmy.net and after the combined test compare your speed with other Comcast users. 1mbps is very low for Comcast. I get near 6 mbps regularly on this test with a Linksys WRTG54 and an original 20" Core Duo iMac running over the wireless lan.

ro2nie

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2005
Oxford
Man, It Didn't Work For My "mail Problems". For The Past (2 Days) Now I Haven't Been Able To Get Or Send-out My Mail To Anyone. Is Anyone Else Going Through The Exact Same Problems That I'm Going Through Right Now Or Is It Just Myself Here? I'm Really Am Hoping That The Mac Os X (10.4.10) Update Tackles Major Issues To "mail", Don't You?

It might be an SMTP account configuration problem on your email client.

The update went OK for me. Everything is working fine.

PS: why do you write every word starting with a captial letter?

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
I just installed it... two reboots that took about 12 minutes then all my files are coming up as corrupted!

Just kidding, I'm going to wait with this one as well :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.