Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Saluki Alex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Just popped up on Software Update, has anyone installed it yet?

Security Update 2007-005 is recommended for all users and improves the security of the following components:

bind
CarbonCore
CoreGraphics
crontabs
fetchmail
file
iChat
mDNSResponder
PPP
ruby
screen
texinfo
VPN

Security Update 2007-004 has been incorporated into this security update.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Apple Mail is acting up and AdiumX isn't hiding chat windows properly. I get new mail notices but nothing shows up. Hmm...

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Security Update 2007-005 Available

Now available via Software Update:
Security Update 2007-005 is recommended for all users and improves the security of the following components:

bind
CarbonCore
CoreGraphics
crontabs
fetchmail
file
iChat
mDNSResponder
PPP
ruby
screen
texinfo
VPN

Security Update 2007-004 has been incorporated into this security update.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
I wonder what changes have been made to CarbonCore and CoreGraphics.

Why not read the friendly article :)

CoreGraphics

CVE-ID: CVE-2007-0750

Available for: Mac OS X v10.4.9, Mac OS X Server v10.4.9

Impact: Opening a maliciously crafted PDF file may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution

Description: An integer overflow vulnerability exists in the handling of PDF files. By enticing a user to open a maliciously crafted PDF file, an attacker could trigger the overflow which may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution. This update addresses the issue by performing additional validation of PDF files. This issue does not affect systems prior to Mac OS X v10.4.

dvince2

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2007
Canada
Just installed on my CD Macbook...only thing I noticed it did was rearrange the icons on my desktop (odd...?).
Safari seems snappier too....

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Yeah, same issue, long restart then a second restart. Now fine, ran a little slow, but everything was okay after a third restart.. like lightning again.

STEPHEN SNELL

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2006
(security Update (2007-005) Available)

Man, It Didn't Work For My "mail Problems". For The Past (2 Days) Now I Haven't Been Able To Get Or Send-out My Mail To Anyone. Is Anyone Else Going Through The Exact Same Problems That I'm Going Through Right Now Or Is It Just Myself Here? I'm Really Am Hoping That The Mac Os X (10.4.10) Update Tackles Major Issues To "mail", Don't You?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Man, It Didn't Work For My "mail Problems". For The Past (2 Days) Now I Haven't Been Able To Get Or Send-out My Mail To Anyone. Is Anyone Else Going Through The Exact Same Problems That I'm Going Through Right Now Or Is It Just Myself Here? I'm Really Am Hoping That The Mac Os X (10.4.10) Update Tackles Major Issues To "mail", Don't You?

No problem for me, probably your mail server.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Well, this one scared me a little. On reboot, it spun 114 times (ya, I'm like that), before rebooting again, on its own. 43 spins this time, to a blue screen for about a minute, and it was slow coming back. Safari does not seem any different, to me. But that's always a subjective "seems". But everything "seems" fine, now.

aranhamo

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2004
The initial download only took 20 seconds with a 5 mbps.

I've got Comcast and I'm lucky if I get 1 mbps. I used to get close to 3 mbps all the time with DSL, with the same computers (1 Mac, 1 WinXP), same router, same everything. Only thing that changed is the ISP and the modem. And Comcast's regional headquarters is within walking distance. Grrrr

Anyhoo... It's still plenty fast enough most all the time, and DSL is not an option anymore (no longer available where I live).

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Just popped up on Software Update, has anyone installed it yet?

bind
CarbonCore
CoreGraphics
crontabs
fetchmail
file
iChat
mDNSResponder
PPP
ruby
screen
texinfo
VPN

This looks like the kinds of services that might have needed hooks or facilities for iPhone type things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.