Seen a cute girl. Need help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoobsPro, Mar 26, 2010.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I can't believe I'm posting this, especially on a computer forum :rolleyes: but I need a bit of help with the ladies - well one in particular.

I've seen this really cute girl that works in a shop near where I work and I'd really like to ask her out but how do I go from being an occasional customer to being able to be in a position to ask her out? Or at least find out if she's seeing someone?

Just blurting it out instead of 'Pump number 7 please' would probably shock the hell out of her and scare her off at the beginning. I'm truly lame when it comes to women. I'm like Jim out of American Pie "I was born without that part of the brain."

She's got the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen (I'm a sucker for green eyes) but even saying that would be a bit odd coming out of the blue.

Any ideas guys and gals (especially gals)?

This post is so sad Im going to sit in the corner and face the wall. If you intend to post a reply tap me on the shoulder ok?

2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just ask if you can take her out, it's just that simple. You'll find out if she has a bf or not. If you don't ask you'll never know.

4. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I know thats why I'm facing the wall.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above just ask her the simple question 'would you like to go out sometime'
    it's as simple as that!

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just get into some type of small conversation with her first, then ask if you can take her out. Just don't walk up to the counter and ask "Can I take you out"

7. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Okay, first, remain calm. Cute girls can be frightening, but attacks are relatively rare. First off, just try to avoid her. If she stands on her hind legs and stares at you, it's more likely curiosity than a threat. Just keep your distance, particularly if she has cubs. Wave your arms around and talk. You just want the cute girl to understand you're a human being. If she continues getting closer, make louder noises, but never growl or squeal.

Try backing away slowly, but not directly backwards. If the cute girl follows, though, stand your ground. Whatever you do, do not run. This will make you appear as prey to the cute girl, and they can move surprisingly fast.

In the unlikely event you are attacked by a cute girl, ball up on the ground in a fetal position, protect your neck and head, and play dead. If the cute girl sees you as a threat, she will probably give up at this point, but wait until she moves well away to stand up. If she continues to attack after you play dead, then she probably sees you as prey and you should fight back as hard as you can, but I won't lie to you: you're probably going to die.

8. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

^^ I lol'd.

Go in with some minor thing you need help with, once you've got her attention, smile, look her in the eyes, and say "I know we don't know each other at all, but I think you have pretty eyes and I was wondering if you'd have dinner with me sometime."

Be direct.

Or, optionally, walk in wearing skin tight, white jeans (preferably the ones that lace up the sides) and a loose velvet shirt.. flick your eyebrows, click your tongue a couple times, bob your head, and try some crude pick up line.

9. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

try saying something witty, practise first though, ya dont want it to come out all jumbled like a loon, if she smiles or laughs then ask her out ;)

10. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

So eye contact is a definite no then? :D

11. ethical macrumors 68000

Go into the shop a dozen times in one day. When she asks why you're in there so often say you're trying to build up the courage to ask her out. Then say 'so how about it?'.

It switches the conversation from staff-customer to casual chat.

12. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

eye contact is key, you should look into her eyes, make her feel like she's the only person in the room, ;) she'll like it

13. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Yeh I know that bit. :D I make a point of making eye contact with her even when shes not serving me and she always seems to do likewise. I guess I'm just being a wuss. :eek:

Its the conversation part I'm crap at. It's gonna cost me a fortune in petrol this week lol.

14. bbtrinet macrumors member

You've got to realize her point of view.

Either:
    a) She has seen you a few times and thinks you're cute, and has thought of you outside working hours and is waiting to talk to you
    b) (MORE LIKELY) she has seen your face, your recognizable, but that's it. She hasn't thought of you outside your brief transactions with her. She's either got a boyfriend, someone else she likes, or (MOST LIKELY) just hasn't thought of you in any way like that YET.

If it's a), then anything you say will be OK, and you'll date her.
    If it's b), she'll be shocked if you come out of nowhere and ask her out. You go from a stranger to a possible boyfriend in 3.2 seconds. It's a shock, and she'll probably say no.

Assume it's the most likely case - she hasn't thought of you like that YET. You've got to find something non-threatening to start a conversation with her. Say something about nothing in general, like the weather or how much candy bars cost, or the lottery, or something to get her to respond with her opinion. You can then find out something about her. And take your next conversation with her a little further. Until like the 4th or 5th time you talk to her, you can ask her out to coffee, or something she's interested in.

Start with something like - 'It's going to be cold all weekend. I'm really waiting for spring to start so I can go outside and walk in the parks. What about you?'

If she becomes interested in talking to you, and is anticipating your visits by the 3rd talk, you're going the right direction with her. If she's trying to 'get rid of you', then you're not.

15. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

conversation is easy, you go where she works, she must like working there, and you must like it to go there that often, just spend some time thinking about a witty comment, keep it short and sweet, she wont spend 5 minutes listening to some anecdote so.

you'll know what to say when you get in the moment, if she maybe see's just what you see then, i cant explain it, it's just one of those things lol

16. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Yea you need eye contact, you want to present yourself as a confident person.

Have you ever had a conversation with her before?

17. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

"my name is fred flintstone and i can make your bed rock" :)

joke!!!

hey, as long as it's before april 1st then all the better - petrol prices going up :)

can you judge her character? if you were to blatantly ask if she's seeing anyone, would she take offence? some girls don't and give you a straight answer...

my advice, build up over a few days making small talk... then just go in and ask her... but don't buy her flowers from the petrol station!!! :p

18. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

If she works, as I understood, at a service station, wait until a Ferrari is filling up, and say "Pump no 7. Yes, the yellow Ferrari". It might be a good ice breaker.
    Make sure you ask her out before you actually pay. If she says yes, pay, and go. If she says no, you're still on time to walk away.

Good luck!

19. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

20. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I was thinking of suggesting that very pick-up line. :eek:

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Try just talking to her first before you ask her out maybe?

22. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

"Hi, I've started a really sad thread on an internet forum about you and this guy says he wants to see a pic of you or he won't offer me any advice on how to pull you. Do you mind standing up and holding this 'MacBoobsPro' sign while I take a picture of you to post all over the internet. That would be great!. Oh and Pump number 8, a Mars Bar and this Curlywurly, thanks."

"Enter your pin number" is about the most shes said so far.

23. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

24. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I'm too old to be asking these questions. ;) I am really that lame. :D To be fair I hardly ever ask women out even though I really want to so it all just down to me being a wuss. I went out with a girl not too long ago and I simply said do you fancy going out for a drink and she said yes. We dated for about a month. It was half set up via a friend at work as it was her friend so that doesnt really count as a 'direct' pull. Lol.

25. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

If you happen to be Simon Pegg, this would stand a good chance of succeeding brilliantly.

"Well, I do have quite a long PIN number, but a memorable one. Probably best I enter it slowly."