Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
Is slightly transparent window imagery "paying attention to detail"?

I didn't suggest that they should just "throw crap out there" but there's plenty of things that could be done in OS X that would actually make it more usable, more efficient, etc. Was slight transparency on any user's next-gen OS X wish list? If you go back and watch WWDC, that's the first thing they highlight... and then go on and on about it like it's something big.

how does this have anything to do with emojis

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
how does this have anything to do with emojis

If you care, hop backward through this thread. A guy faults that this thread exists, page 1, post #4:

Remember when you had to download an app from the app store to get emojis?

Now it's a headline feature update on iOS and OS X.

I reply with the transparency example headlining WWDC seeming to justify one rumors site having a "new emoji" thread. Then, as always, some of the ADF have to read some slight or Apple attack into anything said about Apple that is not entirely flattering. So it strays off of topic and turns into "defend Apple". I wasn't trying to slight Apple at all- just rebut a suggestion that this thread had no place here by offering an example that we could all know.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Who's exaggerating? He spends a while on it and then even Cook is recapping it later. It's the first "new feature" being discussed. First!

My point was that if that can be a headliner (first feature discussed) at a massive, once-a-year event like WWDC, then a set of new emoji getting a dedicated article on a rumors site doesn't seem like some big deal. I was responding to someone who was ridiculing this rumor as if it didn't deserve to be a post.

While I understand your point, I think you're misunderstanding the real point of WWDC. It's for developers. Pointing out UI changes during the keynote helps developers so they can tailor their applications along with the new UI. I hardly think discussing the evolution of OS X's UI can be compared to an Emoji news article.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
OK, I hardly think faulting a rumors site for having a single post about new emojis is worth activating the ADF. I just offered it as an example, not at Henry, not at heeloliver, not at eliminato but at ButteryScrollin in response to his post #4. I wasn't trying to attack Apple, nor attack the purpose of WWDC or ask Apple to "just throw crap out there"... just a little counterpoint toward justifying why an emoji thread might be justified on a rumors site when it, like making windows slightly transparent, might not seem "headline worthy" (at least I (me, myself) did not find the latter headline worthy).

Anyone who thinks making windows slightly transparent is far more headline worthy at an event as big as WWDC than new emoji in one thread among tens of thousands on a single rumors site, my apologies to you for using that as an example. I actually don't care about new emoji or slight transparency- just trying to participate in a conversation with other Apple people.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
There are some mind numbingly idiotic comments in this thread. Good grief.

It's baffling how anyone could possibly be annoyed or upset by the existence or inclusion of something as trivial as emojis, let alone a simple article regarding them. Step back from the ledge, folks.

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
Selfie, Bacon, and Avocado Among Emoji Proposed for Inclusion in 2016's Unico...

Instead of more Emoji, I'd like Apple to arrive at a way of making a permanent subset of our own choices. Not just a handful of recent picks.

Doesn't the Emoji picker have a 'recently used' page? Isn't that essentially what you are asking for?

Ed- Sorry, I missed your last line. I'd better get another cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
They should include the Kim Kardashian emoji, because she is the most-referenced celebrity on the Internet.

peach.png

sero

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
I wish they'd work on syncing without needing to copy all apps over instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.