Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Will the T mobile phone come unlocked if you paid full price and had it shipped to you?

Also, I accidentally reserved a T-Mobile iPhone 6s for my mom, when it needed to be AT&T. If I she pays full price for it in store, will she be able to use it on AT&T when I give it to her?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Will the T mobile phone come unlocked if you paid full price and had it shipped to you?

Well these are not new users

Also, I accidentally reserved a T-Mobile iPhone 6s for my mom, when it needed to be AT&T. If I she pays full price for it in store, will she be able to use it on AT&T when I give it to her?

Yes, but if you are using ATT the ATT model could be better since it has band 30.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
I read that the T-Mobile and att unlocked can only work on GSM. The new att has a new band 30 so that's the advantage of att to T-Mobile right now. The Verizon version can work both in GSM and Verizon. Sprint sucks so there goes that.
ok. I thought I read in another thread that the att model now supports cdma but that may have been misinformation

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Verizon UDP here. I bought a Space Gray at full price from Verizon to get on launch day. I also used the subsidy on my wife's UDP line to buy a Rose Gold from Best Buy for re-sell. I will remove the SIM from that phone before selling it on Swappa. I sold her 5S for $300 and will give her my 6.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Opening the seal to take out sim is not an option as listing is no returns if box is opened.
But logically there has to be an security verification added when trying to activate a phone with someone else's sim card in it what if someone steals the phone and activates the phone under someone else's account and starts making international calls bill will come $$$$$$$ lol

It might be something to discourage scalpers. Hopefully they have enough stock that the people trying to scalp their phones and keeping people who actually want one from getting it on launch day lose money.

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
I read that the T-Mobile and att unlocked can only work on GSM. The new att has a new band 30 so that's the advantage of att to T-Mobile right now. The Verizon version can work both in GSM and Verizon. Sprint sucks so there goes that.
Every IPhone 6 and 6s have both GSM and LTE radios so yes a t-mobile iPhone 6s will work on Verizon. In fact I am doing this right now. It will say it's a non-Verizon phone, though. Works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.