Sent from my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMaven, Apr 17, 2012.

1. iMaven, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

I have not changed my signature since I started using an iPad. I find it funny how some people find it offensive that I don't remove that sentence from my signature. So the question is: Do you use the default signature, or have you changed it to something else?

2. jojoba, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

jojoba macrumors 68000

I only use it when I want to signal that I'm on the go and therefore not responding as fully as I otherwise would. Beyond that, I don't see the point of it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I turn them off. I see absolutely no point in divulging how or where I sent my e-mail from. I don't care if you use it, I can't see being mad at something like that.

4. Burro99 macrumors member

Signature lines are stupid. Signature lines that announce your device doubly so.

5. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Why not. Nothing wrong in letting the receiver know that information.
    Privacy freaks much?

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Removed from iPad, and iPhone....Don't like people knowing which I'm using...I think when I got the iPad 1 I used it for about one day.

8. jojoba macrumors 68000

But what's the general point in letting the receiver know?

9. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Showing off is fun, what's the point of having an iPad if I can't remind my friends I'm better than them? ;)

10. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

First thing I removed was that annoying sig.

Sent from my iPad.
    Sent from Samsung Mobile.
    Sent from my Windows Phone.

All deleted from my devices.

11. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

My signature is consistent from device to device. No one care what you are using when replying to an email, it's all about speed. I am not always in the studio but I'd like my Clients to feel that I'm available to them if they need me. Perhaps I'll change it to "prototype" and see if I get a response...

12. spaghetti head macrumors member

And yet you have all your devices listed at the bottom of every forum post? Could you explain the difference?

13. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I like having it there. If I say something way out of whack and don't catch it before I send it out, at least then the recipient knows it was an auto correct thing, not me being weird.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

That awkward moment when your wife didn't tell you that she bought an iPad, and replies to one of your emails and it says, "Sent from my iPad." That would suck.

Anyway, I kept the signature.

15. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

First, it's there by default. I wouldn't set it by myself. Why should I change/remove it anyways?
    Also, I like letting my friends know where I'm writing emails from. Where's the problem?

16. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Free marketing for Apple. It's like those people having the AAA sticker on the bumpers of their car.

17. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I work at a port for a living and couldn't care less if you sent your work based email from an iPad, Dell, iPhone or whatever. It does little to assist me in an email query. My primary computer is a Panasonic Toughbook and not once have I felt the need to share I'm using it in an email signature. :eek:

On a forum such as this I love seeing what people are using and I think it is good to see what people currently own to see if their advice is worthy. If someone does have a random query about Windows Phone 7 for instance, I'd always look more into those that are using the platform at the moment (not that I'd ignore anyone not using it).

Great question though.

Sent from my iPad

:D

18. rkahl macrumors 65816

Ever have so many Apple devices that you don't remember what iDevice you used to send the email originally?

19. jperry2010 macrumors newbie

20. Dunbar macrumors 6502

In Microsoft Exchange I can tell if the e-mail was sent from a idevice from the the e-mail formatting. It's actually kind of annoying reading those e-mails from my iphone because you have to zoom in to read the text.

21. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I removed it. It sounds silly, especially as some people don't realise that it's an automatic signature. I imagine some people would be like "why the hell do I care he sent it from his iPad".

22. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Mine says 'Made the move to Mac, never looking back.'

But since I'll be swapping to relief teaching for a while I will change it to something more professional.

23. jateelover macrumors member

+1 to this. It explains any errors and the lack of formatting that my normal laptop has. Also gives it an overachiever feel when used after work hours or outside of work.

24. doboy macrumors 68000

25. jacob-07 macrumors regular