Separate MacBook Forum

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arn, Feb 26, 2008.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I was wondering when this was going to happen. I'm in Forum Spy anyways so I don't even know what the forum layout is anymore. :cool:

3. Smurfed macrumors regular

4. clindner macrumors regular

iBook / Powerbook / etc ?

Will there be a forum for those folks as well?

5. Fast Shadow macrumors 6502a

omg mac racism

just kidding, it's a good thing

6. joeybagadonutz macrumors member

OMG Mac progressism, no mention of the G4s

Truth in jest kind of kidding, it is a good thing

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i dont agree with having separate macbook and macbook pro forums, maybe just for the next week with all of the new threads, but there are a lot of questions that go either way and need to be in the same forum

just my 2 cents

8. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Ditto, many of the problems / solutions appy to both

Deffently bad move on MR's part. i can understand MBA being seperate, but not MB / MBP

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

9. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yeah, now when people post threads pertaining to MBPs, the people who are looking for MB stuff can''t happen upon their thread and reply to it!

10. Joko macrumors 6502

Joko

Not a great idea, products are very similar, should have same forum.

11. killerwhack macrumors regular

killerwhack

Filters needed but not a separate forum

I understand the desire for a separate forum but lets face it there are a lot of people doing good stuff on both sides of the dividing line.

If only we can get rid of the noise. You know? The posts about cracked top cases and dented MBP from dropped anvils.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Now how am I going to post my "Should I get a MB or MBP" Thread?

13. benc4liberty macrumors newbie

:) what should I buy?

Hey, I was going to get something to eat, what would be better...A turkey sub, or a ham and chee...what... what do you mean this isn't the right forum? I can't use my macbook pro if i'm not alive, and I'll starve to death if I don't eat...

14. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

You can post the first part on the MBP forum and the other one on the MB!

This is :"Should i get a MBP?See MB forum", "should i get a MB?See MBP forum"!!!!!!!!

Lol!!!!:D

15. Crown16 macrumors regular

one thing i dont like about the new MB is the fact that there are no firewire ports. i mean it kinda is apple legacy?

16. manofthehill macrumors newbie

1st test drive...

Hi all.
    Wasn't sure where to post... at the Lehigh Valley Apple Store last night, I "test drove" the new MBP. It's incredible, in my opinion. The gestural trackpad is really something. Using three fingers to go back and forth through docs & web pages: sweet.

Still bothered by the glossy screen. I don't think it would be practical for my interests (and my home office isn't dark enough, I would guess). Still, everything looked wonderful. FCP launched quickly & performed well. I liked the under-the-trackpad mouse click; much more positive feedback than I'd feared.

Well, just thought I'd share. I'm still using a Powerbook Rev. E, so this thing is a quantum leap.

-Chris H.

17. Fmon macrumors newbie

Fmon

Trackpad frozen

Hi there,

Have a very simple but disturbing problem,

Yesterday, i waited for a download to finish in the safaris download window, i started to download fission( a simple audio encoding tool), went to watch tv,
    and when i sited back to the nb, the trackpad was frozen, for some luck i have a tiny little sweet mouse alaways by myself, for any cases...
    After rebooting, it worked again, but i was curious and started another download, and waited again, if it happens..
    And it did, so this is a very strange bug for the macbook pro...:)

I will try to upgrade the driver for the trackpad, if it is possible, actually didnt had the time yet to find that out, have to work ...:)

But tomorrow update is comming.

rgds

18. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

you can post in both...and in the buy tips...and in the iphone section...as well as digital photography...

that way..it just makes sense!

19. ijsbakje macrumors newbie

I'll quote that. Good work.

[​IMG]

20. timonyc macrumors newbie

clean macbook , need help

i use windows, but today friend of mine gave me his macbook.... and i have no idea what to do with it! is it any way i can reinstall it somehow ? To the point where i just got it from the store!

thank you

21. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Somebody please make this a separate thread.

To do it, you need the install CD that came with the computer. Insert it and do a clean install.:)

22. jetgirl macrumors newbie

sleep indicator light on startup

apols if this new question is posted in wrong thread but....can anyone tell me why my little white sleep indicator light flashes and the computer makes quite a loud beeping noise sometimes when i turn it on?? usually i just turn it off and start again and it is ok

it is a 13 inch mac book, late 2008 to mid 2009

thanks
    :confused:

23. kangaroopoo13 macrumors newbie

I can't click and dragg/ highlight texts..

.... I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this problem, but it's really frustrating!

So, yeah, I can't click and drag anything, e.g. the internet browser.. or msn chat box things.. or anything really.. nor can I highlight text... :(

Can anyone help :(

24. librabliss macrumors newbie

itouch rebate for macbooks

Does anyone know if the itouch rebate for macbooks promotion's gonna come up again, anytime this year? There used to be a promotion last year around August? I'm desperate to buy a macbook pro but still yearning for the itouch rebate, not sure if I should keep waiting for this promotion to be back again this year....Help!

25. BentleyTaylor macrumors newbie

to those of you who have desperately searched for macbook protection that actually...

to those of you who have desperately searched for macbook protection that actually...works. Well i have found the solution for those who hate hard cases attached to the macbook pro, to those who hate those stupid silicone keyboard covers. They never look right. And finally this goes out to tall those who have tried invisible shield but hate that it makes your macbook shiny. If apple thought that it looked better shiny, they would have made it that way.

So while all this problems were presented to be upon my recent purchase of new Apple 17" Macbook pro. I started to get annoyed a:apple:nd eventually gave up.

Isn't there a way that I can protect my Macbook Pro but not sacrifice any of the cosmetics
    Well, I have found the solution. There's an ol' chap from London whose ebay website I was liked to a while back-

What he offers is different that all the rest. His full body protection is similar to that of the Invisible Shield from ZAGG. The material is similar, however, his protective film is done with a matte finish just like the macbook pro. So upon installation feel like it should. In addition to this you get a keyboard that applies to each and every key separately, unlike most keyboard covers that cover the entire keyboard and make it rather hard to type normally. THey are bulky. With a sticker that applies to each key separately to don't have to worry about changing your typing habits to conform to a silcone keyboard protector. but each key remains perfectly protected from discoloration or from becoming shiny.

Anwyay, The full body protciton kit for 17" US$25.00

THis includes the full body (top and bottom) proteciton (matte finish)
    Wrist rest guard and trackpad, all matte as well and the indivual key covers to protect the keyboard. they also throw in a protector for your macsafe AC unit

Anyway, just wanted to let anybody know whois interested that this stuff is available. It took me forever to find it. IT was actually found on an ebay store based in London.

Here is the link, I hope you enjoy it...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/betterlist...13QQ_sidZ320765873QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Check It Out!!!!