SGP Oleophobic SP BEST Ever!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Meltdownblitz, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Not sure if an extra thread was necessary since there always a million screen protector threads but I just wanted to say, the SGP oleophobic screen protector is the best screen protector ever! I've tried quite a few screen protectors and this is by far the best!

It's like incredibly clear as a naked screen is, and it doesn't leave finger prints!! Amazing. I've been using it for a few days now and I couldnt be any happier. Can't even tell there's a screen protector on the phone. Just wanted to say how I feel about this screen protector, if any of you are in the market for a screen protector I'd say give this one a try.

- Goes on very easy
    - Ultra clear, not able to tell there's a screen protector.
    - Finger prints are a thing of the past with the oleophobic coating
    - Slick on your finger while using the phone, finger GLIDES across the screen.

However, it is finger print proof for the most part, you'd really have to have VERY greasy hands to make a finger print on the screen, and if you do it wipes off EASY! With normal use my fingers dont leave finger prints. Anyway give it a try, I couldn't be happier! :)

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

3. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

I definitely could but it just looks like a naked screen or even a SGP or ps clear screen protector.

4. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Well, when I ordered my sgp neo hybrid, its coming with the ultra crystal film. Have you used that before? What are you thoughts on it?

5. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

i can vouch for this..bought it a month ago..love it best 13.99 i spend on my iphone..:cool:

6. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

That's one of my favorite bumper cases. And honestly that is a good film, I used a clear film since I've had my iPhone 4, but finger prints bugged me so I wanted to give this film a shot and I couldn't be happier. Cuts down finger prints like you have no idea. So yeah that ultra crystal film that comes with your bumper is good but if you don't want finger prints I'd suggest picking up this oleo film, it's amazing and I love how slick it is, feels like a naked iPhone without SP.

I totally agree, glad I decided to purchase this film, I been debating for a while because I hate installing them, but I'm glad I did. By far my fav SP. How's it holding up btw? I've heard "the coating" wears off after time but I'm hoping It doesn't. And even if I have to replace screen protectors every few months it's worth it to me. I love how I can use my phone and not see finger prints when I put it down.

7. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Looks that sw-box offers the Oleophobic SGP even cheaper. Is it legit?

8. Shareen macrumors newbie

I share the OP's opinion. I mean let's face it, there isn't a screen protector on the market that is as smooth as the iPhone's glass but SGP comes pretty close.
    It doesn't mess up the clarity or sharpness of the screen, it's quite smooth and has perfect cutouts. I also like PhantomSkinz. They are really good too! :)

9. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I like the SGP Oleo as well but I must say that after 1-2 months it starts to lose the Oleo coating and fingerprints and grease do become an issue just like the other clear protectors on the market.

10. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

thats the reason why i did not get Oleo, i just got Antiglare from PS instead

11. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh well I suppose, it's worth it to me as I said. And they do give you 2 SP so we have another to change it to. Anti glare is nice but it takes away from the retina display.

12. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i change mine up a lot because the reviews and what not, but i like changing it up cause it gives you something new. i personally like the ps screen shields crystal and anti glare over sgp because they are easier to install.

13. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

That's Cool. I had a friend do it for me and it came out perfect. With that said, I like the coating on this. I suppose if it wasn't for the coating I would like ps clear one better although I havent tried it. I'll probably Give those a shot on my next iPhone.

14. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

its been a month, and mines are still holding up pretty good. hated ps anti glare. it really made the screen look like it was a 3g. i get smudges here and there, but not as much as a regular shield:D doesnt bother me at all

15. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

16. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

17. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

That's good to hear! Cuz I'm loving this screen protector, as you said I get smudges here and there but not close as if i had a clear one, I can live with that.

I haven't heard of this, but that'd be awesome if they were legit, if anyone purchases this, let us know.

18. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Looking at iThrough's website, it seems they're based in Hong Kong so even though the product is ridiculously cheap and free shipping, it would probably take quite a while to receive. Might be worth a shot though.

19. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i just gave it a whirl ordered two sgp screen protectors and a few switcheasy cases that could or could not be real, they say switch easy and comes with all the extras so we will see, shipping is 7 to 15 day for free and expedited shipping was 11 buck for 4 to 10 days i just stayed withe the free shipping.

20. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

7-15 doesn't seem terrible. Let us know how the stuff is when you receive them. If the protectors are good I may order a couple

21. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed. Thanks for being the guinea pig weisjt. I'll probably order a few too within the next few days.

22. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

ill let you guys know how long it takes and if it is real product or not, im a weary but we will see.

23. xyfish macrumors member

i applied my SGP oleo SP since i got my iphone 4 in August 2010.. been about 6 months now, i see lots of fine scratches on it.. is that normal?

Its especially prominent on the keyboard area.. i totally see spots of scratches where i touch the keys alot.

Some slightly deeper scratches caused accidentally cant be avoided, that i know :) hmmm but the keyboard area wearing out is funny..

24. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

Im not positive but I'd say it's probably good to change your SP every few months anyway as I'll guess all of them will get scratched and lose their coating. Can anyone agree or are you supposed to leave your SP on for as long as it'll stay on?

25. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

you had it since august? thanks like close to a year. im pretty sure any screen protector will be ruin. i dont think changing the screen protector every month is a good idea, but maybe one every 6 months probably?! iono on most of my devices. i usually change the screen protector once or twice, by then i would have sold it for the new device..:rolleyes: