SGP tries to TRICK you. Still Hasn't Received Order after THREE WEEKS.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MortalDays, Mar 27, 2012.

1. MortalDays, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

MortalDays macrumors regular

Hello y'all,

EDIT: As requested, here is a copy of SGP email:
    We apologize for the mistake, there must have been a miscommunication in the Shipping Docks when we had sent over the replacement request.
    However, due to Paypal’s policies, we are unable to send you the correct order unless the dispute is closed.
    So we ask if you wish to receive the replacement iPad screen protector, then you will need to close the dispute on Paypal, otherwise, there are no ways for us to
    Send you that second piece.

Please DON'T buy any SGP product!!! They run a SCAM They have VERY VERY BAD customer service!!!

I ordered two SGP Ultra Crystal for my new iPad 2 weeks ago but ONLY received ONE. So I emailed SGP about the situation. They apologized and sent me a SMARTGUARD instead of a SCREEN PROTECTOR by mistake AGAIN.

I got so fed up so I filed a dispute via PayPal. Then SGP apolygized AGAIN, but this time, they tried to trick me to close the dispute on PayPal by saying that they won't send my 2nd screen protector due to "PayPal policy" that does NOT exists. (If you don't know, after you close a dispute, you will not be able to reopen it even if you still don't receive your product.)

So right now, I escalated to a claim via PayPal by calling the 1800 support line. The PayPal representative confirmed with me that there is no such PayPal Policy that "prevents seller mailing product to buyer before closing a dispute".

So YES, SGP straight out SCAM, LIES, and TRICK you to get away with your money without giving you your product.

Bottom Line: Please DON'T buy any SGP product. You will regret it. So far, I wasted 2 weeks still don't have my PAID product in hand.

SGP = Scam Artists Play tricks on you.

Hopefully someone listens.

EDIT: YES, I ordered from the official SGP website. And NO, they do NOT have any phone number. And NO, I did not send them ANY nasty email.

They left me no choice to open a dispute with PayPal since they refuse to ship my merchandise without me closing my dispute by blaming it on a PayPal policy that does NOT EXISTS!

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Because you had an unfortunate problem doesn't mean everyone else will. Never had a problem with them myself. Can't speak for others.

Did you try CALLING SGP? NICELY explain the situation before filing disputes and sending nasty emails?

If you did all that without success then leave your PayPal dispute and collect your money from PayPal then tell SGP you want a prepaid mailer to return the product or you will dispose of it.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

4. glen e macrumors 68030

I started buying from SGP for my iphone years ago. I esp like the steinheil films. Recently I had a problem with a power pak and they replaced it immediately and were very easy to communicate with.

blasting companies on the web is childish....but seems to be all the rage these days.

5. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

They do NOT have a phone number. They only have an email to contact them by. I already NICELY try to contact SGP via email but they ignore my emails.

And NO, all of my emails are VERY nice. Everything is in POSITIVE tone.

----------

Yes, I agree, SGP does have quality product but their customer service and the way they handle business IS the problem.

6. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I've had good communication with SGP, can you link the website you bought it from? (There are several SGP resellers), I want to see where you ordered from.

Anyhow, there products are great and I've never had a problem, they even replaced my Neo Hybrid EX after the charger part of the bumper broke, but they said they would send out a new one, free of charge!

7. MortalDays, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

Here is the website that I ordered it from:

http://www.spigen.com/

which is the OFFICIAL website.

I have the Neo Hybrid EX Snow Series myself for 4S. There were discoloration (white plastic part turning YELLOW) and they refused to replace it since it is NORMAL from the factory. I posted a photo of it on here and all posters agreed with me. I guess all they want is your money.

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The thing is, you are GENERALIZING. Just because you had a bad experience does not mean everyone else is having problems with them and your saying " Please DON'T buy any SGP product!!! They run a SCAM!!!" or they will "trick you" is absurd.

Yes, you had a poor experience and are frustrated, and maybe they even f'd you over, but the vast majority of other people don't have that same problem and the vast majority of other people won't stop buying from them based on your rant. Maybe it is the title and tone of your post that is the problem. Had you titled it "My poor experience with SGP" and calmly explained the situation more people may have commiserated with you. :) You can read bad things about even the best companies, especially online.

9. glen e macrumors 68030

exactly....post like this are not to explain his situation and get reconciliation, it is to PUNISH a company that he had problems with. Post like this ruin this board in my opin as we only hear one side and it's slanderous to say the least. The other post here that says the way to get what's coming to you is to blow up their face book page is also just as bad. Posting on face book is fine that you have a problem, but to go right for the jugular is ridiculous. I would immediately cut these posts is I was a mod here...and yes, I realize many are glad I 'm not....I can live with that....

10. mrkjsn, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012

mrkjsn macrumors 6502

It sounds like they were trying to make you whole. Did they make a mistake sending the right item...sure. But why file a PayPal complaint at that point? They were fixing the problem and you instead call them a scam artist?

11. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, I am done with playing nice with them after two weeks of my "pleasantness". I mean, SGP is kind of well known to have bad customer service on MacRumors forum. But I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. I think that I was being TOO nice in the emails so I was being taken advantage over (as stated in my 1st post).

For heaven sake, they tried to use a FAKE PayPal policy to convince me to close the dispute and get away with it. :rolleyes:

----------

Please read my 1st post in its entirety. There is a sequence of events. And no, they weren't fixing the problem, "they ignored all of my recent emails".

----------

what happened to freedom of speech? :rolleyes:

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

That'll show 'em!

Once again you are not understanding. No one is saying you didn't get screwed over, treated poorly and got the wrong merchandise. It's how you posted it here that is at issue. YOUR experience is NOT the experience of the vast majority and you make it sound like they are out to screw over every single customer over and they are nothing but scammers and fraudsters and no one should buy from them because they will get ripped off all of which is totally absurd (and not provable).

If you can't understand what the problem is with your original post vs. reality then there isn't much that can be done for you. ;)

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I normally save this for PRSI, but cite this. Show us links claiming bad customer service on these forums. I can easily show more that have high praise for SGP.

Personally, I ordered the Neo Hybrid 2 EX from them and got it in 2 days, though when I got the same for another iPhone I got the wrong model. Not only did they get back to me in 3 hours from emailing them, they sent me the right case overnight, but also included the envelope to overnight the wrong one back. And that was directly from SGP.

To call them a scam while they are actively helping you is bollocks.

BL.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I'm not sure what was your personal case was with SGP, but I've never had any trouble with them when I used to be a customer. SGP (Spigen) isn't anything close to a scam just saying.

15. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

You are exactly right. It is not provable. So I suppose one should expect to be part of majority and not minority when shopping online. Therefore, it makes it right for any seller to screw 1 out of 10 customers since that 1 is a MINORITY. Your reasoning sound logical. :rolleyes:

And how do you know if the next customer don't turns out to be part of minority?

I am so sorry that you couldn't find the search button. It is on far top right. :D

I suppose it depends on which rep you get in contact with. Because I have a feeling that the rep that I emailed to tried to cover up her wrong doings. So another rep tried to pick up the pieces but somehow didnt communicate with the 1st rep at all. This turns out to be a huge mess.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Play devil's advocate. Who says that because YOU had a problem, that everyone else is in the minority and didn't have a problem? I, along with others here haven't had an issue with SGP. But it seems that only the smallest minority (read: you) have to be the most vocal about it.

In short, your claim of them being a scam doesn't mesh with those of us who have had excellent service from them.

It's obvious you haven't been here long enough. I'll put it in terms of scientific theorem and hypothesis: You made the accusation. It is up to you to support your accusation, not me to do your homework for you.

Here's the part that is a complete failure. You call them a scam and trying to trick you. You hear back from them and from what you posted, it indicates that you are trying to work with them. You then open up a dispute with PayPal because you haven't received what you wanted.

They are actively working with you, and you wonder why PayPal denied your claim? Fail.

It's obvious that this was botched from the beginning, but without knowing their side of things, we'll never know. But I can guarantee you that there a lot of people are happy with SGP and the products they offer, plus we can take your claim with a grain of salt, because your opinion is already jaded.

BL.

17. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Do you hear what ranting lunatic you sound like? Do you honestly think SGP would still be in business if they were "running a scam"? The notion that your massive multi penny order got a little messed up, (probably due to a misunderstanding or a new employee) means a well established company is "running a scam" is ridiculously narrow minded and self centered. Get real, and get over yourself.

18. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't say PayPal denied my claim. They sided with me. PayPal is the one who told me to escalate the claim. Please read...

----------

O, please. PayPal rep who looked at my situation in detail and told me to escalate the claim. I only asked PayPal for advice.

19. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

OMG YOU'RE RIGHT! SGP IS RUNNING A HUGE SCAM! They took your $11.97 and are laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

/Thread. This dude is blind. Customer service nightmare.

20. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

I can careless about the amount that I lost alone. But think of people who blindly trust their customer service responses and think it is true but it's not. (such as falsely using "PayPal policy" as righteousness to withhold the product is just plain wrong, and apparently PayPal also agrees.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I already explained my story, yet you are saying I blindly trust them.

I'll put it simple. My experience with SGP is vastly different from your experience with SGP. And it appears from others posting in this thread, that your experience with SGP is different from theirs. We have had any problems with SGP. You have, and you are calling them a scam.

I wonder who is to be believed more here: We who haven't had any problems, or only you, who seems to have.

Like I and others have said: jaded, narrow-minded, and self centered.

I have to agree: /thread

BL.

22. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

I meant for people who are new to SGP. I am very glad that y'all got your products on time and everything. But when a situation that arises to perhaps a new customer who never dealt with SGP before, it would be a nightmare to trust what they say in regards to "policies". I have bought so much apple accessories online and this company is the worst that I dealt with. I guess you can call me narrow minded even when the PayPal representative who looked at my case file also agree for me to escalate the case.

23. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

LOL, you can keep going on and on about it. You can keep voting down all the posts that don't agree with you (and trust me, you are the only one voting up or down on any of these posts), but the fact is, no one agrees with you, and even if they did before, no one cares anymore. Period. Dot. Buhbye.

/drama

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That Neo Hybrid EX I mentioned? That was my first purchase from SGP. Yes, that one that they screwed up on and sent me the wrong product. The same one that they overnighted me the replacement case and envelope to send back the one I received? I was a new customer with that. That's even documented on these forums.

You don't get it. I didn't get my product on time. I received the WRONG product on time. I emailed them and got a response the same day I received the wrong product. They immediately corrected it and sent the CORRECT product that same day, which I received the FOLLOWING day.

Most other places want you to pay for the return shipping to get the right product, and still that takes 3+ days. To get mine in the next day plus the envelope to return it is the best customer service I have received on ANY product. Not just SGP's product, ANY PRODUCT. And that is with me being new to SGP.

Like everyone has said: drama, narrow-minded, self-centered.. fail.

BL.

25. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Here are the unprovable "accusations" you made in your original post including all the exclamation points:

Looking at them by themselves doesn't it sound like just a little bit of hyperbole? Maybe as it applies to your individual situation it is understandable but to attempt to tell everyone else not to buy from them because they will get scammed like you feel you did sounds ridiculous since it is neither backed up by fact or is provable.