Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
At this point I'll just be happy to have it by Christmas. Kind of crazy considering I ordered it early online on 11/11 but we're getting close every day. By the time it arrives my IPP will feel brand new again lol (trying to look Felix the positive).

I just ordered from Macmall.com and it is giving me an estimated delivery of "December 15th-22nd" best estimate I've seen yet.

mmendoza27

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Keep tab of Best Buy open with Apple pencil searched, refresh every now and then, check in wee hours of night and morning, and sporadically across the day, do same for staples and Walmart, macmall too and b&h

Keep a a close eye on these forums

I found mine on Walmart.com yesterday. There were only four available and after 15 minutes, they were basically sold out. Mine is being shipped to the store next week. I have to wait a week, but at least it's reserved. These things are impossible to find right now.

Reactions: Xprmntr

Linusedwards

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
PA, USA
I just ordered from Macmall.com and it is giving me an estimated delivery of "December 15th-22nd" best estimate I've seen yet.

I've seen that estimate but slightly worried how realistic it is. Wondering if they will meet that? I might try ordering from there if I can't find anything else soon.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
I've seen that estimate but slightly worried how realistic it is. Wondering if they will meet that? I might try ordering from there if I can't find anything else soon.

I've got ordered in at 3 places (Apple, B&H, and MacMall) and will cancel the 2 that don't ship first. I'm in the same boat, hoping to get it before I head out of town for a few weeks at the end of December.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
Just received my Pencil pre-order from Apple from a 2:15am order which had already slipped to Nov 20-30. so 1 day late on that. I did get another Pencil from the Apple Store by luck a couple weeks ago, but I am keeping this second pen as a backup since I'm the kind of person that loses stuff like that ... If I lost my pencil and then had to wait 4 more weeks, that would really be a ball buster ... I'm getting so used to using it for even the simplest of tasks ...

Sandman3769

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
I ordered mine from Best Buy 5 or 6 days ago. It was supposed to come in on Friday, Dec. 5, but I got an email saying it is in the store waiting for me today! I cancelled my Apple order and am going to pick it up from BB tomorrow.

Linusedwards

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
PA, USA
So I bit the bullet and ordered from MacMall this morning. The confirmation said delivery between Dec 14-17. I've emailed to verify that's actual shipping date but so far haven't heard back. The bad news for others is I checked back on their page this afternoon and the ship time has now changed to 5-6 weeks.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
FYI ... Staples decided to just cancel my order for my smart keyboard. Now I was able to get one a few days ago from the Apple Store, but staples didn't even give me a warning, ordered, given a hard arrival date of November 30, then got an email with date slipping into mid December then next thing I know, the order doesn't exist anymore. It's a wonder they closed them where I live .... Be weary of that's your only order standing at this point.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
So I bit the bullet and ordered from MacMall this morning. The confirmation said delivery between Dec 14-17. I've emailed to verify that's actual shipping date but so far haven't heard back. The bad news for others is I checked back on their page this afternoon and the ship time has now changed to 5-6 weeks.

well that kind of irks me, I ordered from macmall the other day with a Dec 15-22nd ship date, hopefully mine comes sooner

Linusedwards

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
PA, USA
same, and they called me today saying they are back ordered and expect it jan 5th-9th

Edit: just got an email saying its back ordered. Lovely.

I just got that email too. Damn MacMall! There literally is no way to get a pencil before Christmas online now, at least none I can find. Only way is to pay the big premium on eBay. Really sucks how badly Apple screwed this up.

waspfactory

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2015
I have an extra pencil in Lancaster, PA if anyone wants one. Face value ($106), cash. Meet at Park City Starbucks and just buy me a coffee for having to drive out to the mall during the holiday season. Message if interested.

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
I have an extra pencil in Lancaster, PA if anyone wants one. Face value ($106), cash. Meet at Park City Starbucks and just buy me a coffee for having to drive out to the mall during the holiday season. Message if interested.

Really wishing you were in Dallas or I was in PA right now...

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I found mine on Walmart.com yesterday. There were only four available and after 15 minutes, they were basically sold out. Mine is being shipped to the store next week. I have to wait a week, but at least it's reserved. These things are impossible to find right now.
What's the item number/link for Walmart? I can't find a Pencil on their site to even check.

Xcellere

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
The only Best Buy in the LA area that has 1 pencil left is in Glendale. If anyone wants one, hit them up.

Stp80

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2015
For Bay Area people. I literally walked into the Stanford mall Apple Store and they were putting out pencils in the accessories area.

I just got one for myself. Good luck to anyone looking to get one that needs it for themselves!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.