Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mistame

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
For Bay Area people. I literally walked into the Stanford mall Apple Store and they were putting out pencils in the accessories area.

I just got one for myself. Good luck to anyone looking to get one that needs it for themselves!

I called and they were sold out. University Ave store had 4 left

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
If you're not too far, I would say drop by and check. The salespeople there were just as surprised as I was that they had them

I'm about an hour away, it's just that I'm tired of driving all over the place and can't find it. I don't understand how they can have a shortage of this weeks later.

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm about an hour away, it's just that I'm tired of driving all over the place and can't find it. I don't understand how they can have a shortage of this weeks later.
I'm In Brooklyn, but since my wife was doing shopping in the area, we dropped by the Apple Store and were pleasantly surprised. Maybe call them?

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I'm In Brooklyn, but since my wife was doing shopping in the area, we dropped by the Apple Store and were pleasantly surprised. Maybe call them?

I already went to the Apple Store at 5th ave and they checked the inventory of the other stores. All out of stock.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I'm heading to Brooklyn tomorrow. I want to try a bestbuy for either keyboard or pencil. I don't know where to look.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I'm heading to Brooklyn tomorrow. I want to try a bestbuy for either keyboard or pencil. I don't know where to look.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I would skip Best buy. I've been to the kings plaza one and the one in Ceasar's bay - both of the stores don't have it and the salespeople are extremely rude.

Yea I try to avoid Best Buy, though when it came down to it. They were the only ones where I could find the keyboard at.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I would skip Best buy. I've been to the kings plaza one and the one in Ceasar's bay - both of the stores don't have it and the salespeople are extremely rude.
i was at kings plaza not too long ago to see. They are not knowledgable. I did get the magic keyboard. I like the combo with Smart Cover. Just waiting for the pencil. I did place the order on Apple.com. I just don't want to wait 5 weeks

Last edited:

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Was at the Motgomery Mall store earlier today, none. Associate said they got in 15 yesterday and they were gone in under an hour. He pulled up inventory and all stores in the DC/Baltimore area have 0 on hand.

mmalto

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Would they hold one if you called and they were "in stock"?

i've had no luck in atlanta over the past week at any apple store. and it really depends. i have never had them hold anything for me. get the same we have to be fair so come on in speech from all the stores. ymmv.

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
They are gone already. Which sucks because I was there at 9 today and they didn't have any...
They get their shipments in the morning, then they have to process what they get before they put out the stock. I imagine the stock doesn't get put out until around 9:15, maybe? I arrived at 9:30 and was able to walk out with one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.