share your apple christmas gifts

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
what apple stuff did you get for christmas?

i didn't get anything but i am sure many of you got computers, peripherals, software, etc...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
actually...

I did manage to get some cash which I will be using to purchase a firewire case for my smaller 10 gig drive from my PowerBook...

can anyone recommend a decent box I could use?

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
well i got this as an early christmas gift last month, so i didnt get much of anything yesterday (its okay tho :eek: )
iBook 600 640RAM/DVD/30GB
Airport Card
Kensington Case
Wireless Router
Flylight
Pro Mouse

as you may recall this is my first Mac :D

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
ok, then

i got an oakland raiders cap, a 49ers cap, and a plastic jogger's watch...all non-mac items also

...and i got a sports almanac so i can make my stupid sports analogies with computers ever so more accurately

as far as apple inc., they were out of playoff contention at week 8 since their starter quit and they fired their star backup

or for you real "football" fans, apple inc. had the best looking uniforms but their business model gave the whole team the equivalent of only dozens of left shoes

forgiven

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2001
i got a 17"LCD Studio Display! nice...

however..is there any possiblity that at MWSF there will be an upgrade to a wider aspect ratio like the 22" Cinema...i haven't ordered it...anyhoo

Merry Christmas

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
wide spec ratio

I would imagine that the main selling point of the 22" Cinema Display is partly due to it's wide spec ratio. The others are much smaller and much cheaper for a reason. However, I don't follow the display news that much since I converted from PowerMac to PowerBook in January, so don't tear me apart too badly if I am wrong in my thoughts.

Not to sound like a broken record, but does anyone have an input for me regarding a firewire enclosure for my older 10 gig 2.5" hard drive?

thanks! ;)

forgiven

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2001
yeah..

email my friend at botecario@hotmail.com...he has a FW enclosure he bought 1 year ago

about the Firewire enclosure...

tell him "Barron" sent you...

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
t-shirt

my sister found a shirt on e-bay that says

"Once you go Mac,
You'll never go back!"

he he.. i think it's pretty funny.

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Picture this...

There I was, Xmas Day, freezing on a London morning, videoing the kid unwrapping all those gifts he got from the grandfolks and other rellies living in Australia, and looking forward to the time I could get my hands on the 512Mb of memory with my name on it (bought by MYSELF, may I add).

The wife didn't want me to install it when I got it 12 days before (geez - mail order is so DAMN quick), so it was sitting next to the Cube like some form of Chinese torture. But Hell hath no fury like a wife scorned, so I couldn't touch it...

So - I'm singing to her "...Thanks for the Memory..." - and sadly, at that - when she produces a fair-sized box, from Santa to me. Ohh - another power tool.

Not.

Welcome to the world of truly bitchin' stereo - for now I have an iSub and Soundsticks. The world is a happy, distortion-free place.

The neighbours hate it, and I don't care...

sjestus

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
What I got.

I got a Nintendo Gamecube w/ Star Wars Rogue Leader and Tony Hawk 3, and an XBOX w/ Halo. And I also got a Dart board.

Already beat all 3 games too.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
FINALLY...

a real apple employee

i wonder if you will hear about stuff first

and if you do, if we will be able to hear it?

what a cool sounding job

sjestus

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
You got a job at an Apple Store, that's awesome. I wish I could do that, but the closest Apple Store to me is about 100 miles away. Unless I work at CompUSA.

deusvede

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2001
Congratulations!
You are on time for making happier my christmas! Don't throw your old mac to the can! Make me a X-mas gift!
Quiero un mac y no tengo un duroooo :-(