Shipping estimates - IPad Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Sep 14, 2015.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I ordered an iPad Mini 4 on the 9th. 64gb LTE space grey. It went from Ordered to Processing Items that same day. Delivery estimates
    Available to ship: 4-6 business days
    Delivers: Sep 17 - Sep 21 by Standard Shipping
    It is still in the Processing stage but the date changed on the 10th to 2-4 businrss with Delivery Sep 16 - Sep 18
    The stage is still Processing Items.
    Has anyone else that ordered advanced to Preparing for Shipment yet?
    I wonder if it ships from China.

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

at this point with the shipping dates showing for our orders, i'm assuming that either they have some staged in the states or they are not attaching tracking until the phones get to the states.

with the watches we didn't get a tracking number until the watches hit the states.... part of me thinks that is a deal they made with UPS after all the calls people made during the last iPhone release when so many shipments were getting stuck in china or alaska customs, thus not meeting the initial tracking number delivery dates (i'm one that got "shanghaied" last year and my phone was delay a couple of days!)

my iPad mini 4 has a delivery spread of 15-17 sep and the one i ordered for hubby this weekend is 16-18 sep.... no movement or change in status on either.. i'm really hoping it ships today so i get it tomorrow! but i can't complain unless it doesn't show up wednesday...

3. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I originally had a September 17-21st arrival date, but mine got moved up to a 16-18 date — however, it's still processing. I imagine it will come by the date said, cause Apple is usually spot on with dates like that, but it's pretty weird to see. I got the 64 GB Space Gray model and I don't think any of us will receive it before the 16th, which is when iOS 9 releasing.

4. oldcelt macrumors 6502

I ordered on Sept 11th. I have delivery dates 16-18th. Still processing. I'm in the UK.

5. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Well, we're all in the same boat, so to speak. I guess that's good.
    I would have thought the stage would have anvanced by now.

6. jrs22 macrumors 6502

So it sounds like processing is 'paperwork' and preparing is 'packing' although I think it's safe to assume they arrive from the factory boxed up. They've got to be staged in the U.S., because with my iPod touch that I got in July I received it the day after it shipped.

Apple used a regional service and the delivery woman said I didn't have to sign for my package but she had to count and sign for the apple boxes when loading the truck. No chance of anything falling off the truck, as the saying used to go.

7. newellj macrumors 601

FWIW, the rMBs were being shipped direct from China right after they started shipping.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

"still processing" is why I moved to pickup in store. Three years ago, I bought a phone with a late September delivery date, then it passed with "still processing," then it rolled to mid October, then rolled to late October, then mid November. At that point, I canceled the order and picked up in the store. I swear by that for now.

9. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I suspect they were ready to go last week and have been shipped out regionally to be distributed in a more controlled fashion locally instead direct from China. Everyone seems to have the exact same status. I ordered two, a day apart and they have different 'Ships in' dates but the estimated delivery days are the same.

10. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

11. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

the only reason I believe it possible to get it the 15th (my earliest delivery) is because ios 9 is out in public beta anyways.....

12. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

It's possible the minis are ready, and I wish those who knew how to track the exact flight could do so with these. They'll end up distributing to the US, then break up to shipments to stores and shipments to people. I plan to snag mine from the store stock.

13. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

My status is unchanged. Still 'processing items'
    Delivery could/should be as soon as tomorrow, but with the status not being updated, I doubt it. This Stage indicates that I can still change my order...
    Every other order I have done in the past progressed through all of the different stages of ordering, taking a day or so to progress.
    I dont know what to think, but i sure would like to get some positive feedback from Apple in the form of a status change.

14. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I'm sure Apple are doing things differently with this release. I suspect things will jump directly to dispatched or move quickly through preparing for dispatch with next day delivery. I'm expecting to see a lot of activity tonight with all early orders arriving on the same day.
    I get the impression batches have already been shipped to regional centres as opposed to receiving directly from the factory - most likely for cost saving.

15. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

16. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

17. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I just did a chat with Apple via my order page. They couldnt tell me anything and I'm still in processing. I guess I will get it eventually.
    Did your order progress through the different stages or go from processing straight to delivery? Or did you notice?

18. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

It was preparing for shipment yesterday.

The odd part is, I ordered it Friday and it seems like I may get it at the same time or before launch day orders.

They either have a large supply, no interest, or I'm just lucky.

19. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Cool. At least there is some chance that I might receive it this week. I'm starting to feel pessimistic though
    Thank you for your reply

20. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

well there is certainly plenty of stock, the current lead time on the Apple site is
    Dispatched: 1-3 business days

21. ramb27 macrumors member

Shipped but cannot print invoice nor added to support profile yet. Image 2.jpg

22. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Does tracking it give any useful info?

23. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Mine shows under support profile.

Factory F9

24. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

My tracking isn't working yet, but I just got the shipped email at about 10am.

25. ramb27 macrumors member

My UPS tracking is not working either.