"Ships by July 2nd" - Now Prepared for Shipment!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seraphx17, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

I, along with 2 other members in my family got unlucky and were only able to order our phones once the first stock had run out and they changed it to a "Ships by July 2nd" ship date. I ordered after the site and everything had reflected this, so I know that I didn't slip by and make it onto the first shipment with the other first 600,000 people.

I am happy to report that 2 of the 3 lines, as of about an hour ago (been checking regularly daily) is now prepared for shipment. Looks like anyone who is stuck with us is gonna be getting their phones early!

So check your order status if you have a late ship date and see if the status has changed!!

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

I'm not surprised given the number of cancelled preorders. So many people ordered more than one accidentally that I'm sure Apple had many more on hand than they expected.

3. bwhite1150 macrumors newbie

Still "not yet shipped" for me, ordered at 8:09 PM PDT, what time were your orders placed?

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Jun 16, 2010 at 01:51 PM PDT
    Not yet shipped

I hope mine follows suit :)

5. Cyclone Chris macrumors regular

Ordered 16 June at 2:07 am

Not yet shipped here either. WTF apple??

6. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Order Date: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:04 PM PDT

Prepared for Shipment

Just Checked It!! I'm stoked!!

7. jameskk macrumors regular

8. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

Order Date: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:03 PM PDT

Not yet shipped
    Ships: By July 2nd
    Delivers: Jul 6 - Jul 8

9. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

My order also changed to "prepared for shipment". Hopefully this means I will get it next week. Ordered at 7:47 PM PDT or about 5 minutes after I placed the order for my wife's phone which is sitting in front of me right now!

10. Dj BW macrumors regular

I ordered mine same exact time as you. 7:45pm pst and mine has shipped. And I was given a July 2nd ship date as well :D

[​IMG]

11. doteyes9 macrumors member

Mine went through at 6/15 7:56 PM PDT and no such luck here :( Could it be because I have AppleCare in the same order???

12. ScreamingPsycho macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM PDT
    Not yet shipped
    IPHONE 4 BLACK 16GB-USA

No luck here....oh well

13. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

Mine too!

Jun 15, 2010 at 07:59 PM PDT was the order date/time and it is showing prepared for shipment! Sure hope I get it before I leave town on the 2nd!

14. _Matt macrumors 6502

I ordered 6/15 at 8:10 PM PDT. Still shows:

I wish it would ship out early but it probably won't. My AppleCare came last week and my bumper is delivering tomorrow.

15. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

My brothers is now prepared for shipment ordered June 15th at 8:15 PM

16. _Matt macrumors 6502

Man I hope their computers are just going down the list by time and moving up orders to earlier shipment slots...if so I'm 11 minutes behind you in ordering...that's what like 1.2 million iPhones? No biggie ;)

17. bwhite1150 macrumors newbie

Black bumper case was just shipped, iPhone 16GB still "not yet shipped, 15th, 8:09pm PDT.

18. doteyes9 macrumors member

You said your AppleCare was delivered last week? I ordered mine in the same cart with my iPhone 4 and I haven't gotten mine, should I be worried? Apple Support says my order is "In Process" and I haven't been able to get a hold of a live person so I hope my order is all ok.

19. atheros07 macrumors member

My order went through the same time as yours! The status changed this evening to Prepared for Shipment:

Order Date: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:03 PM PDT

Prepared for Shipment

20. _Matt macrumors 6502

Well my AppleCare came via FedEx at 11 AM on Fri Jun 18th. It prepared for shipment literally within a few hours of ordering. You might want to call about your situation but I'm sure they're running out of packaged AppleCare because of the demand and are just getting those boxes together. As long as you have it ordered along with your iPhone I've been told in the past by Geniuses that you're covered by AppleCare before the physical box arrives at your address. The box really doesn't do anything as far as I know.

21. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I wonder because I added my plan, may have slowed mine down?

Rate Plan:
    900 minutes ......... $59.99
    - Plan includes 900 Minutes, Unlimited Nights & Weekends, Rollover® Minutes, and Unlimited Mobile to Mobile.
    2GB ......... $25.00
    - 2GB
    Unlimited ......... $20.00
    - Unlimited

Custom configuration
    With AT&T Rate Plan

22. Slevin macrumors regular

So does anyone have any idea when these are going to arrive? I sold my iPhone on eBay and have to mail it out and will be without a phone until the new one arrives. I had planned on driving to the nearest Apple store to pick one up since I didn't think these would ship so soon and if I was able to pick one up I would cancel my order with Apple. So now I'm wondering how long I'll go without a phone. It'll be odd since I've had a phone for close to 10 years now.

23. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

Probably 3 or 4 days max if they send it out tomorrow.

24. CherryJello macrumors regular

Mine too says prepared for shipment, I ordered mine around 8:30pst on June 15. I just went through all this with my iPad last month, and remembered it shipped about 12hours or so after it went to "prepared for shipment" it then took about 3 days for it to get here. So if it ships tomorrow, I'm guessing delievery by next Monday for me.

25. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

Looks like a lot of us had the same thing happen. I ordered on pre order day, took all day to order and finally got an order in by 08:18 PM PDT, it said I'd get my order on the 24th but it got updated to July 2. Now it says "now prepared for shipment" I called Apple earlier to ask what this meant exactly, the gal couldn't tell me anything, I also have a bumper on the same order, I just got a tracking number for it today as well. Does prepared for shipment mean that actually have it ready to go out or what? Wonder how long it will be before it actually gets a tracking number assigned. Its fun being all excited about getting this isn't it! I have loved my 3G, can't wait for the 4 :)