Ships in 1-3 business days?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smithers11, Sep 10, 2008.

1. smithers11 macrumors newbie

I was wondering what this means (it's on the Apple website when you go to order a new Touch). Does this means that it leaves the warehouse in 1-3 days or that it arrives in 1-3 days? Sorry, I have never bought from the Apple store online.

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

3. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I ordered my ipod yesterday afternoon, it left the warehouse in China early this morning, and is scheduled to be delivered friday by 1030am, thats using the free ground shipping. If you order online, it gets to you in a good amount of time.

4. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I ordered a few hours after the announcement and mine does not appear to have shipped yet.

5. Jim01 macrumors member

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and it shipped today from China.

6. Dublo7 macrumors regular

I ordered mine this morning and it shipped this afternoon.

7. Cubby macrumors newbie

As an FYI, I ordered mine (with engraving and the standard free shipping) 1/2 hour after the store came back up yesterday and the expected delivery date shows Sept. 11 - Sept. 17th, quite the range. I'm in no hurry to get it though, it's a BD gift for my daughter.

8. ajenda macrumors newbie

Mine shipped today from shanghi china and will be here Friday! Thats quick!

9. gleaner macrumors newbie

Me too! I am waiting for mine to show up in the office on Friday at 12pm (so all my coworkers would say 'wow').

Hopefully the new earphone w/ mic will be around in my local store so I can test the possible VoIP feature! :D:D:D:D

10. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

I ordered mine from the Apple on-line store today. It said "ship 1-3 days" also.

Just checked the status and it estimates delivery tomorrow.

Woot!!!

11. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Mine is apparently "Prepared for shipment" but has not shipped yet. Hopefully it will go out today.

12. zeroracer0702 macrumors newbie

zeroracer0702

me too =/ i ordered mine around 1 pm pacific time and as of now its still prepared for shipment. i wonder why all these other lucky fellows are getting them on friday? i did ask to have my name engraved on it so that might be the reason why the shipping is being delayed. still it sucks that i payed for 2-3 day shipping and most ended up going with the free shipping which from what i am seeing is pretty much 2-3 days. apple, you greedy bastards ... but i still love you guys =)

13. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

Yup they said my touch is gonna be at my house 1030 am friday but i paid 10.00 extra for 2 day shipping.

14. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I ordered at 12:45 PM PST yesterday and did not request engraving and paid for overnight shipping. Hopefully it will go out today.

15. Rockrover macrumors member

:mad:

Just saw my confirmation that shows Sept 15th!! delivery.

Huh? $10 extra for two day delivery and I'm getting it 5 day's after I order.

Now THAT'S a bunch o'crap.

--D

16. marcongj macrumors member

Anybody who got theirs engraved ship yet? Me and friend ordered ours at the same time yesterday and he did not get his engraved and it shipped, and I got mine engraved and it says prepared for shipment.

17. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

just wait

Mine said that too when I got the order confirmation. Once it actually shipped, the FedEx tracker system says it will be delivered on the 12th before 10:30 like a few others here.

18. Rockrover macrumors member

Hmmmm. The FedEx site pulled up my tracking number but shows no delivery time. Only say's "in transit". Maybe it needs to board the plane in Kunshan CN first. Say's "package recieved after FedEx cut off".

--D

19. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I live in canada, ordered non engraved touch normal shipping

Sep 10, 2008 9:43 PM

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

2:12 PM

Left FedEx origin facility

KUNSHAN CN

1:26 PM

Picked up

KUNSHAN CN

Estimated Sep 15

20. Rockrover macrumors member

Man...I want my $10 back! Normal shipping is the same dang delivery time.

I guess this 1-3 BUISNESS DAY crap keeps them from getting yet another class-action.

Just glad I didn't fork over the $16 for 1 day delivery that would have ended up being 5.

It's really not the 10 bucks either...It's the WAY it was done. If it's gonna' be 5 days then tell me up front. I'd be cool with that. Same thing I tell my kids...Just don't lie to me.

--D

21. Tonezorz macrumors member

I ordered mine at like 3AM last night (Engraved) and it's already shipped today with a estimated delivery of Friday. (I live in Idaho)

W00t!!

Now if I only had something to protect it with......

I ordered an alti-glare film set at the same time and it's not slated to ship 'till October :O

22. gleaner macrumors newbie

I live in Vancouver....ordered mine yesterday (launch day) at 2pm PST....normal shipping, no engraving...it says it will be here on this Friday at 12pm.

23. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Lucky Gleaner! I'm from Southern Alberta, but the estimated date on anything from apple has ALWAYS been later than the day i get it. Hopefully this week If i'm lucky

Mine was sent fedex...what about you?

24. gleaner macrumors newbie

Same...Fedex...they are quite on time....mind you l live 2 blocks away from the Fedex Regional Distriubtion centre in Burnaby!