Shirley Manson puts Kanye in his place

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by obeygiant, Feb 10, 2015.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

usa today

I guess Kanye can do anything he wants with no boundaries.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Kanye West is a ****ing idiot. Furthermore, if you use autotune, you should not be eligible to win music awards.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Beyonce didn't deserve album of the year. None of this manufactured pop garbage does.

Look at the track listing and credits for Beyonce's album. There are probably close to 100 people involved in writing and producing that album. Other than vocals, she barely did any work.

Then look at the track listing and credits for Beck's album. He wrote all of the songs. He played 16 instruments on it. And there's only around a dozen other people playing other instruments on it. Plus, he produced it.

Beyonce has albums handed to her. All she has to do is go into the studio and record some vocals that will undoubtedly be autotuned to make them sound perfect. Beck actually made an album from start to finish. I hope this is the start of a new trend of the Grammys recognizing actual artists, and not manufacturers.

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

I paid little or no attention to the awards..... I doubt I even own a song by kanye west, beck or whatsherfacethatwonit.

I do like Shirley Manson though, is she still making music?

I bet most of the best albums from the last year got totally overlooked tbh.

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I'm sure many people are tired of Kanye's antics and that's exactly what they are... self-aggrandizing antics. Remember this is not the first time he's done this, Taylor Swift was his first victim a few years ago. Plain and simple, it's immaturity and ego. When it comes to celebrity these days the saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity" is spot on. Kanye doesn't care what people are saying about him as long as they are talking about him. That being the case, he's perfectly happy to stick his foot in his mouth and make "noise" on a regular basis.

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

He told a wheelchair bound fan to stand up too didn't he?:rolleyes:

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Can't stand Kanye but does late-Ninties one-hit-wonder Shirley Manson really think anyone gives a damn what she thinks? Her electronic techno-rock was almost as bad as today's electro-pop peddled by Beyonce and Kanye.

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

9. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I agree, but storming the stage at the Grammy's? That's not even original. Is he stuck in a loop or something? :)

Or is he such a narcissist he thinks nobody'll notice?

Either way, you almost feel sorry for him.

10. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Probably not. Are your Facebook entries all conceived as tablets from the mountain?

11. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

But bruh, Beyoncé delivered a monumental feat of music :confused:

West is an ignorant fool. I'm actually quite proud I don't know the name of a single song by either Beyoncé or West. I've even already forgotten the name of this song you posted of the lyrics. DGAF.

12. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Hahaha, we’ve using monumental feat of <> for the last couple of days:

Monumental feat of coffee

Monumental feat of watching The Walking Dead (that contained monumental feats of zombies...)

:D

13. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Was just quoting the self proclaimed king of music. A true artist, Ya know?

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Bruce Jenner post op will still be more of a man than Kanye West.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

16. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lyrics comparison doesn't mean anything

agree

you shouldn't ever be proud of ignorance

no doubt kanye is talented but he's just so obnoxious. this is all just to make sure his name gets out there even more. i don't really care though since i've never been a fan of his music

17. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Yawn, I can't mention one song by any of these artists since I grew up when REAL music was made in the distant past. I will say I heard a lot of negative things about Kanye. He sounds like a typical angry rap idiot to me.

18. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand these "artists" that do nothing more than speak the words and let computers do the rest. I've seen some of these hip-hop performers actually seem to only perform LESS than their "backup" artists.

I can't STAND Kanye. It's not like he's getting anything out of trying to stand up for her, but just because she's your friend doesn't men she deserves the award when someone else put in MUCH more effort and put out a superior product. Maybe those of us putting down Kanye aren't fans of that style music but I feel like it's moved far away from showcasing a single performer, or a small group of performers and has turned into "how much can we use the computer to make this crap sound good".

19. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

He's not talented, he's just incredibly lucky his fan base doesn't know **** about music. His performance at the Grammys?? I was cringing it was so bad and you could hear the auto tune.

That's not talent. Anyone could've done that.

20. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

We're talking about what she thinks so apparently, yes, somebody gives a damn.

Ah, so you and Kanye get to decide what is "good"? I think you missed the point.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

look i hate the guy as much as anyone but to say hes not talented just means you are letting your prejudice show. his albums have received great audience and critic reviews and he explores other areas of music in each album.

his statement that beck was less of an artist than beyonce is false and misguided; i agree with you about the auto-tune completely

22. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

As Kanye was making an arse of himself again, Beck was so classy in his response to Kanye's goofy antics. Talk about a class act.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-grammy-stage-over-beck-surprise-grammy-win/

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

24. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Kanye thinks he's a god and everyone should worship him. He needs to stay in his lane, and keep his trap shut.