Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
look i hate the guy as much as anyone but to say hes not talented just means you are letting your prejudice show. his albums have received great audience and critic reviews and he explores other areas of music in each album.

his statement that beck was less of an artist than beyonce is false and misguided; i agree with you about the auto-tune completely

He's an OK artist, and a really crappy human beings. There's plenty of that to go around :). What he did to Taylor Swift was even worse than what he did to Beck. She had a WTF look on her face when that happened.

I don't think this is Beck's best album so for me it is a bit of head scratcher. But, still way better than Beyonce for sure, and I often like Beyonce.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
He's an OK artist, and a really crappy human beings. There's plenty of that to go around :). What he did to Taylor Swift was even worse than what he did to Beck. She had a WTF look on her face when that happened.

I don't think this is Beck's best album so for me it is a bit of head scratcher. But, still way better than Beyonce for sure, and I often like Beyonce.

One could argue that he made Taylor Swift's career go into overdrive (sometimes any type of publicity is good publicity). I wonder how Beck's album sales are doing.... ;)

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
One could argue that he made Taylor Swift's career go into overdrive (sometimes any type of publicity is good publicity). I wonder how Beck's album sales are doing.... ;)

She had sold 40M albums/singles BEFORE he did that, 2009 (now 120M). She was just emerging outside country/pop at that time. Only Eminem and Rihanna have sold more records than her in the last 15 years and she'll pass both within 1-2 years at the rate she's going. Bruno Mars is also selling a ton in the last 10 years.

As for Beck,

"the headline-grabbing moment has shot Morning Phase up Amazon’s albums chart, with sales rising by a massive 1342 per cent", that's last week.

He had a momentary spike to #8 last week on Billboard's album chart, but he's back at 23, which isn't bad for a 30 week released album. His albums sell a very long time, so he's doing quite all right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.