Should I Buy a PS3???

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by paul17win, Jan 1, 2008.

1. paul17win macrumors member

paul17win

Hey guys i guess i just need some convincing. my friend bought one last week and we hooked it up to the internet and played some COD4 and i was hooked, now im on the verge of going down to bestbuy and purchasing a brand new PS3. Should I?????

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Until it has something exclusive worth playing, I'd get a 360.

3. 119576 Guest

If you have the cash to spend...Why not!

I'm buying mine tomorrow :)

4. mr.light macrumors 6502

Why wait? Got one for my son at Christmas. Going to get my own next week! ;)

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But then he wont be able to play online with his friend....

Have a look at the forthcoming games for 2008 and see if you see enough games you may want to play to justify it to yourself.

At the end of the day it's your decision. :)

There's no right or wrong answer we can give you.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Didn't you just answer your own question?

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If you want to play it with your friend get the PS3.
    If you want to play with many more people get it for the 360 or PC.

8. paul17win thread starter macrumors member

paul17win

ha i already have a 360, im trying to sell it because i dont want to have to pay for online.

9. MrGeePee macrumors regular

10. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

If you think you'd have fun with it and can afford it sure. The system isn't horribly flawed. It is a little expensive and doesn't have a bunch of good games but at least it doesn't have hardware problems like the xbox (stares at xbox).

11. paul17win thread starter macrumors member

paul17win

i think instead of buying an expensive HD tv im going to purchase the dell 2407 ultra sharp monitor and hook the PS3 up to that. then i can also use the monitor with my MBP(t-minus 15 days and counting) then away goes my powerbook

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I love mine. It has some great games already and many more coming soon. Just check here.

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I love my PS3. Plus Haze (ps3 exclusive) looks pretty awesome. Most of my friends have 360's, but I still think it was worth it for me to get a PS3. Some of the exclusives are awesome, like Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Resistance Fall of Man.

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

You've already made up your mind, so go get one NOW!!!

<]=)

15. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

You can save money with a PS3. Seriously.

I do. :)

Turn down the heat by 10 degrees or so, and fire up Folding @ Home. Help cure cancer / disease, and heat your home all at once. ;)

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Haze looks awesome ? :eek:

From everything I have seen it looks like overhyped generic fps. It has terrible draw distance for things like grass and stuff in in outside locations, and all the inside locations I have seen so far are from 'generic grey office' template 'generic industrial zone' template.

If this game actually turns out to be anything other than a very average game at best, I will eat my PS3. ;)

17. FreedomFighter macrumors member

I just got my PS3 and i love it, the ease of use is awesome and the free online play, no that i look back i can't believe i considered the 360. Plus now i can get Blue Ray DVD's ;) to watch on my new screen. My game of choice for PS3 would be COD4, good campaign and great online play, Plenty of servers all times of day:).

Freedom

18. paul17win thread starter macrumors member

paul17win

i have the money its just hard to pull the trigger!!!

19. madfresh macrumors regular

Go and buy one, trust me. I've had a Wii, 360, and now I just own the PS3. To me the Wii and its controls were a gimmick. Now the 360 is a decent console if it didn't break all the time. PS3 is the most reliable console I've seen and it also has a blu-ray player.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Looks like you've only seen this gen of consoles then ;) some machines prior have been nigh on invincible.

21. Kevin83165 macrumors regular

I one one of every console, and the PS3 wins for me hands down! Thinking of selling my Wii.

22. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

SNES, anyone? Makes great battle armor in a pinch.

paul17win, I want a PS3, because I like consoles. I'll end up with one when Gran Turismo and MGS4 are out. But right now, I have a dead 360, and I still can't muster up the desire to own the thing. I harbor no ill will towards the PS3, like I said, I will end up with one.

It's really just that Xbox Live is simply brilliant. I think if you can afford to drop coin on a PS3, surely a few bucks a month for an online experience leaps and bounds ahead of Sony's is a no brainer.

23. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Let me enable you. Pull the trigger! You'll be happy you did. I love my PS3 and that's all you need to know.

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

No, no, no, no!!! You may need to use your Wii sometime.... :eek:

Yes....

25. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

For me, I don't really need great online. I just need something that works, and PSN is just that. Plus with the free Home coming out I think the online will be pretty sweet, even if it isn't as good as live. And PSN didn't have problems over Christmas :D.