Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arbnfl12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
What are the advantages of iPhone over Blackberry?

What are the advantages of iPhone over Blackberry?

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Its too much to explain. For one though, you have access to so many great apps which can make your phone a perfect gaming device, perfect MP3/MP4 player, etc.

melpote

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
GA
iphone all the way!

I love the iphone. You won't regret switching. The apps are amazing. You will be blown away by the difference in choice of apps and the ease of operating the phone. Texting on it rocks. :D

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to switch? I have heard good and bad about the torch.

tmartin2347

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
NH
YES

I couldn't imagine being without mine, I had the original Iphone when they first came out and upgraded to the 3gs last winter.

Can't go wrong with an Iphone.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
it depends on what you need. Personally, I definately would, but if you rely on the email functions, keyboard, and bbm of blackberry, then it may be best for you to wait and get the torch 2. If your looking for apps and a great web browsing expierence (minus flash) then go for it.

shadrap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Mayberry
It will be easier to say this. The only advantage to having a blackberry is bbm. iPhone wins at everything else by a large margin.

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Insert most things about the iPhone here. They're just... better.

I used to be a die hard RIM phone user. Tons of phones. Numerous leaked builds loaded. I loved them.

Got my Droid and never looked back at RIM.

Then started using iOS a lot (iPad) and I'm a big fan over it (plus the camera is better than the Droid original) so now I'm moving to iOS.

I'd rank it in terms of ease of use, stability, battery life, etc on phones this.

iPhone/iOS > Android > RIM

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
I hope you didn't come to MacRumors for an unbiased comparison (or CrackBerry for that matter). Obviously people here are going to find lots of great things about the iPhone, and lots of crummy things about BB.

My obviously biased answer:

better browser
more apps
faster
ease of getting podcasts
customer service within warranty period

Advantages of BB - talking 9700 not Torch

nicer to look at - hardware and software
more reliable email delivery
BBM
long battery life

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
So you are asking advice from a bunch of strangers in the iPhone section on a Apple forum. hmm this will go well. My advice go to the websites, youtube see what both can do. then go to the Cellular store play with both and then decide which you like best. ;)

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Blackberry: Business
Android: Customization
iOS: Everyone Else

(WP7 and other phone OS that nobody else uses are to be covered by this sentence. ;))

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Let's read it the other way around, the only thing that BlackBerry has over the iPhone is BlackBerry Messenger.

The iPhone is better in every other aspect, you just have to look at it once to know that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.