Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6s or wait for 7

• 6s

Votes: 126 29.4%

Votes: 302 70.6%

• Total voters

zoran

macrumors 601
Jun 30, 2005
Right now i can get the 64GB 6S plus for 830euros from my country.
By mid August, ill be making a trip to the USA and i have an HTC HD that is very slow and old, so i wanted the iPhone to have something new... you know. So that is my main concern, get the 6Splus before the trip, or after?

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
So my contract expires this month in January and was eyeing the galaxy s6 and iPhone 6s. BUT, I was wondering if I should wait for the iPhone 7 because I'm really not feeling the 6s because it's literally the same as the iPhone 6 (besides a few new features which I really don't care about). The only thing that's pulling me away from the new galaxy phone is it's abysmal battery life. So, should I wait another ~8-9 months for the iPhone 7? I have an android right now and am willing to switch over.
I think the Sony phones are awesome. The Z3 compact I had lasted more than a week on a charge the way I use my phone compared to three days for my SE. I'd wait for the iPhone 7. More efficient processor if it includes the A10. Maybe a better image sensor. If not, then Apple will fall way behind the other phones. Dxomark website shows camera evaluations if camera stuff is important to you.

jankoluvsky

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
I preffer wait for iphone 7 :cool:
o.png
o.png
o.png
o.png

Last edited:
Maybe a better image sensor. If not, then Apple will fall way behind the other phones. Dxomark website shows camera evaluations if camera stuff is important to you.
The camera will be better for sure.

If consumers are lucky, the 6SE will be comparable to the Samsung Galaxy 7. However, I expect Samsung and Android devices in general to always be at least a few steps ahead of Apple when it comes to their camera. Perhaps 2017 will be different.

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, going from 6 to 7 I would expect the same thing, a new camera. Also according to dxomark, Apple phones are not even close to the top any longer. I hope the whole series is better rather than just the dual-camera version.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Sony-Xperia-X-Performance-Mobile-review-Impressive-results

So Apple is forced to make 7 better. The Sony phones always had a good camera as does Samsung. Some do not trust dxomark but I don't think the slight differences between 88 and 84 is something you can easily, visually notice. The Sony X line is quite good camera wise and is top of the heap. I like their image viewing software too. Very intuitive.

Last edited:

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
What would be a good price to pay for a 6s plus 64gb right now(factory sealed)?Taking into account the 7 coming out soon. Don't have much interest to get the 7 from rumors and don't need the latest but curious what a good price for it would be in case I run by one to buy

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
What would be a good price to pay for a 6s plus 64gb right now(factory sealed)?Taking into account the 7 coming out soon. Don't have much interest to get the 7 from rumors and don't need the latest but curious what a good price for it would be in case I run by one to buy

Sealed would be $850 outright. On contract you can find a deal that gives you $200 off.

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
Rumor is the mechanical home button will be replaced with just cap touch... it is worth it to me just for that. I hate mechanical buttons :)

Reactions: kingofkings11

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Unless the 7 starts at 32GB ! I would pay the $100 for a 32GB 7 over a 16GB 6S.
Apple will take that into consideration and eliminate the 16GB model for the U.S. product list offering. Apple could just replace the 16 with a 32GB, the difference is only around $1 for Apple per unit since they buy in quantities of 300 million units each time they place an order for flash!

kennyman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
US
I am in the same boat, waiting for iPhone 7 patiently. I was tempted by the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, you can check the highlights here. But I am going to wait until September.

SweetApples

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2016
Philadelphia
Apple will take that into consideration and eliminate the 16GB model for the U.S. product list offering. Apple could just replace the 16 with a 32GB, the difference is only around $1 for Apple per unit since they buy in quantities of 300 million units each time they place an order for flash!
You mean they will drop the 16 GB models of the 6s and replace them with 32 GB when the 7 comes out? Then I will 110% buy the 6s Plus over the 7.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'm back to considering the 6s Plus again. I really am hesitant about the whole headphone jack removal thing ever since I picked up some nicer headphones a month ago. Having to deal with a stupid $30 dongle would really irritate me, especially on top of the already expensive iPhone.

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
Here's my issue. My contract is up this month sometime. Right now my carrier---local carrier but uses Verizon towers out of the area---has a deal where all smartphones are 50% for this month as it is back to school time...we start early. Anyway a 6s with 64 GB is $124.99 with 2 yr contract. My current phone is a 5s. I'd like water proof but I know the 7 will be expensive and this is a good deal.

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Here's my issue. My contract is up this month sometime. Right now my carrier---local carrier but uses Verizon towers out of the area---has a deal where all smartphones are 50% for this month as it is back to school time...we start early. Anyway a 6s with 64 GB is $124.99 with 2 yr contract. My current phone is a 5s. I'd like water proof but I know the 7 will be expensive and this is a good deal.

I would take that offer without a doubt. That is a great deal. I would not recommend the 7 to anyone. 2017/Anniversary iPhone is the one to buy.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, going from 6 to 7 I would expect the same thing, a new camera. Also according to dxomark, Apple phones are not even close to the top any longer. I hope the whole series is better rather than just the dual-camera version.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Sony-Xperia-X-Performance-Mobile-review-Impressive-results

So Apple is forced to make 7 better. The Sony phones always had a good camera as does Samsung. Some do not trust dxomark but I don't think the slight differences between 88 and 84 is something you can easily, visually notice. The Sony X line is quite good camera wise and is top of the heap. I like their image viewing software too. Very intuitive.

At this point the only way they make a better camera is to drop the obsession with thinness. Which limits the lens and sensor size they can use. But they have maxed out on what they can do right now. Any improvements are marginal until something happens in imaging/camera world and that Apple is good in this field but not exactly astride the rest. They are all around the same place. And apple has nothing on lens tech basically.
[doublepost=1470512791][/doublepost]

At this point the only way they make a better camera is to drop the obsession with thinness. Which limits the lens and sensor size they can use. But they have maxed out on what they can do right now. Any improvements are marginal until something happens in imaging/camera world and that Apple is good in this field but not exactly astride the rest. They are all around the same place. And apple has nothing on lens tech basically.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I had an iPhone 6 and I was tired of the terrible FaceTime (selfie) camera and I debated getting the iPhone 6S or waiting for the 7. Since the iPhone 8 will be a total redesign, I decided to just get the iPhone 6S because AT&T had a buy one get one free promo running and that was enticing.
I will be upgrading to the iPhone 8, though, next year. Also, I was able to sell the iPhone 6 for $400 so it was a good deal.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2013
The iPhone 6s is a fantastic phone. However I've never owned another iPhone before only two Samsun Android phones and I won't be going back.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
#1. Problem is that you can't show off the iPhone 7 it looks exactly like the 6s unless your up close.

#2. Too many people know the iPhone Pro with OLED display made by Samsung will be here in 13 months or so

#3. Apple will be releasing a exclusive limited number of 10 Year Anniversary iPhone Pros with Luxury packaging, and which can only be purchased in store by showing you have an Original iPhone which is why the market has dried up and it's impossible to purchase an original iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.