Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
But I will say one thing...This mystery and secrecy that I usually love about Apple and new products is starting to wear very thin on me. I'm actually starting to resent Apple for no good reason. After all, Apple has said nothing..So technically I shouldn't really expect anything. But I do expect something and Apple isn't giving it to me. So therefore I am pissed at Apple. When you get used to a regular release cycle it's fun to speculate and read rumors because you kinda know when it's going to be announced. That's when I love the way Apple does things. BUT when that normal release cycle is broken (ie iPhone 5) and 3 more months go by without even so much as a peep from Apple, it starts to get VERY annoying. At least for me it does.

Couldn't agree more. So well said.

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
Someone else pointed this out. Since they had their iPad 2 event at this particular place you can look on their calender and make your own conclusions. It makes the 28th look pretty good for an event. I'm really feeling tomorrow.

http://www.ybgf.org/cgi-local/Calendar/calendar.pl

Yeah, looking at that makes it seem like tomorrow would have been the most obvious all along.

21st - Invites
28th - Event
7th/14th - Release

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
My concern is why haven't there been any products updated since Steve stepped down. It's been a month and I'd like to see Tim keep things moving. Granted the only things relatively close to see an update is the Mac Pro and possibly the MacBook Pro (apart from iOS devices), but it'd be nice to give us something... Even if it's just to assure investors.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
My concern is why haven't there been any products updated since Steve stepped down. It's been a month and I'd like to see Tim keep things moving. Granted the only things relatively close to see an update is the Mac Pro and possibly the MacBook Pro (apart from iOS devices), but it'd be nice to give us something... Even if it's just to assure investors.

Considering APPL stock is up to $414 right now I don't think investors are too worried.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009

Maybe that's why Steve stepped down when he did - he knew this iPhone upgrade cycle was going to be a bad one, and he didn't want to tarnish his legacy. :)

Tony

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
you guys are making it seem like ALL iPhone owners are impatiently waiting for the next iteration.

Chances are if you lurk here often, you're not Apple's demographic. Most users just want a phone that works that does email, messaging, web browsing, and the occasional game or two.

Because Apple broke the cycle, you should be peeved about it? Seriously? Like they owe you something? They're a publicly trading company whose purpose is to reap profits on a quarterly basis. Thats their MO.

dewthedru

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
you guys are making it seem like ALL iPhone owners are impatiently waiting for the next iteration.

Chances are if you lurk here often, you're not Apple's demographic. Most users just want a phone that works that does email, messaging, web browsing, and the occasional game or two.

Because Apple broke the cycle, you should be peeved about it? Seriously? Like they owe you something? They're a publicly trading company whose purpose is to reap profits on a quarterly basis. Thats their MO.

look...we're allowed to be annoyed at a company who's profits rely on our patronage. we're the customers. if this was any company other than apple we wouldn't be expected to blindly abide by their timing w/o the slightest bit of information.

this isn't a church. it's a company and we're the reason they have money. i'll complain all i want about delays, real or imagined, and not submit to browbeating for having the gall to do so.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
If there is no invite tomorrow, there's going to be screaming, followed by pathetic crying for hours on end.

2007 was Wednesday
2008 was Tuesday
2009 was Wednesday
2010 was Wednesday
2011 is...never coming it feels like.

Edit: Come to think of it, what a weird year for Apple in general.

A) CEO Resigns
B) First ever non-June iPhone launch.
C)Lots of iOS 5 beta's compared to past 2 years. Next iOS usually hits in June, it's near October and no GM yet.
D)No September (at least Early September) event
E)Rumours of 2 iPhone's being released.

Come to think of it, the event will probably have 1 day notice and be held on Sunday :D.

Not True 2 out of 4 were released in June:

iPhone September 2007
iPhone 2G February 2008
iPhone 3G July 2008
iPhone 3Gs June 2009
iPhone 4 June 2010

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Just because Apple has done it in the past doesn't set it in stone for the future. It's not like they said they will hold an iPhone event every summer during the first iPhone keynote.

goins353

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Isn't the first day of Fall in the northern hemisphere Friday, 09/23? If Apple is releasing their new products in Fall 2011 don't you think an announcement will be this week?

theking79

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
theres a difference between keeping something secret, keeping us all on the edge and just being annoying, waiting too long and falling behind to other brands/OS's.

Apple is very close to crossing that line IMO, waiting more than 16 months to upgrade your flagship product is quite poor, but thats just my opinion.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Just because Apple has done it in the past doesn't set it in stone for the future. It's not like they said they will hold an iPhone event every summer during the first iPhone keynote.

So, at what point would you not be satisfied with Apple? Ever?

note235

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
the 5th is also avaiable though that doesn't leave time for preorders--but moscone center seems to available also

Ayman250

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
USA
Shopping season for Christmas is October/November. I don't care what apple has up their sleeves, they are not passing that up. Plus it's plainly been too long. Most people are growing impatient.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I predict that we'll hear something tomorrow. :D

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Not True 2 out of 4 were released in June:

iPhone September 2007
iPhone 2G February 2008
iPhone 3G July 2008
iPhone 3Gs June 2009
iPhone 4 June 2010

Not true. iPhone 2G? I assume you say the updated capacity, that wasn't a second generation model. Also the first iPhone was released June 2007.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.