Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaisoj

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2015
The Netherlands
Yeah that's actually pretty cool - care to share the Nike wallpaper?

Here you go:
dd23530a626e44620aeaf493c032f4c4.jpg

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Looks fantastic - looking to add another classic buckle to the collection this summer - could you snap some additional pictures in daylight?
- Certainly. There isn't much daylight left this time of day, but they turned out pretty well anyway, I think.
Really a gorgeous band. Having just purchased the watch (first AW) last week, I'm extremely impressed with the quality of these leather bands.

New or old buckle?
- The Sapphire Classic Buckle is one of the new ones introduced this March.

IMG_8264.JPG IMG_8265.JPG IMG_8266.JPG IMG_8268.JPG

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
I'm still trying to decide if I like the new buckle. Old ones sure disappeared fast. :(

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
I'm still trying to decide if I like the new buckle. Old ones sure disappeared fast. :(
- Although having next to no experience with previous generations, this one is fantastic in my opinion. The rectangular buckle seems to complement the similarly rectangular Apple Watch better than the old round one. It does not seem too large one the wrist, as I have seen some suggest. The detail is amazing, and the spring-loaded action of the buckle is way cool.

@xDKP, if you're thinking of buying it in summer, remember that "This color is available for a limited time only." It might not last until summer.

IMG_8269.JPG IMG_8270.JPG IMG_8271.JPG

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
- Although having next to no experience with previous generations, this one is fantastic in my opinion. The rectangular buckle seems to complement the similarly rectangular Apple Watch better than the old round one. It does not seem too large one the wrist, as I have seen some suggest. The detail is amazing, and the spring-loaded action of the buckle is way cool.

@xDKP, if you're thinking of buying it in summer, remember that "This color is available for a limited time only." It might not last until summer.

View attachment 697578 View attachment 697579 View attachment 697580

Thanks for the heads up - and I agree the quality is amazing and the new buckle looks great in your pictures. I haven't seen it in person yet, as mine is the previous version

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
It does compliment the watch very well. I suspect I'll have to visit one of my local stores to see it in person before I decide whether to chase the smaller buckle or to go with this one. I have a lot of bands but I don't have a black leather one that would wear well with the jeans and T-shirts I tend to wear (I'm a tomboy, always was). It would go well with button-down shirts too. I do have a thirdparty band with a Hermes-style buckle, which tends to get caught on sleeves a lot, and I've heard others complain of the same.

Thank you for the pictures of the buckle side. Most people don't post those. They're very helpful!

Reactions: JTToft

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Went ahead and got the band. Decided I didn't want to try to get a used one after webuy.com screwed up twice (sent wrong item then refunded instead of replacing like I asked - terrible first impression).

723cf721774fed58c98bec10cc5381c7.jpg

da4f51e2af5303a9f9ba31d05e14bbf7.jpg

160997348d53c1569922004856f21680.jpg

I think I'd have preferred the older buckle but no one I checked had any new (Apple, B&H, Best Buy, Target). Oh well. It's not like I'm going to constantly stare at it.

Strangely, the taupe band at the store didn't have the nice texture of yours and of this one.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Went ahead and got the band. Decided I didn't want to try to get a used one after webuy.com screwed up twice (sent wrong item then refunded instead of replacing like I asked - terrible first impression).

723cf721774fed58c98bec10cc5381c7.jpg

I think I'd have preferred the older buckle but no one I checked had any new (Apple, B&H, Best Buy, Target). Oh well. It's not like I'm going to constantly stare at it.

Strangely, the taupe band at the store didn't have the nice texture of yours and of this one.

Dexcom G5 app at the bottom? i'm using the same face on mine with the Dexcom - really like it.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Yep! Only real gripe at this point is that I still have to dig out the phone to silence high/low alerts instead of getting a popup on the watch that I can dismiss. I already see alerts on the complication (a red dot popped up shortly after I took that picture to warn me of a low). It's a shame that so few Type 2 people use CGMs. It's incredibly handy.

The top left complication is Carrot Weather set to use Celsius, which is vastly amusing if put in the lower complication (I don't think Dexcom will go top left, alas) and the top right one is HealthFace so I can see how many steps I took today.

Reactions: matrix07

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Yep! Only real gripe at this point is that I still have to dig out the phone to silence high/low alerts instead of getting a popup on the watch that I can dismiss. I already see alerts on the complication (a red dot popped up shortly after I took that picture to warn me of a low). It's a shame that so few Type 2 people use CGMs. It's incredibly handy.

The top left complication is Carrot Weather set to use Celsius, which is vastly amusing if put in the lower complication (I don't think Dexcom will go top left, alas) and the top right one is HealthFace so I can see how many steps I took today.

i'm the same with the alerts - even when driving and my phone is in my pocket. though the alerts wake me up more when i'm asleep than when i was using the G4 on my pump and hardly felt the vibration or heard the alerts.

i've been wanting to try Carrot Weather. still use accuweather but constantly have to click to update.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
i've been wanting to try Carrot Weather. still use accuweather but constantly have to click to update.

If you get Carrot, you'll probably want to get premium to get the more-frequent updates. It's not a lot of money, and it just goes to cover the cost of the increased number of requests from the app to the data provider. (Carrot and Dark Sky both use forecast.io).

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Supposedly that sold out fairly quickly. I'm not sure I'm seeing a big difference between that version and the regular Nike version. However, I wonder how long it will take for that cream color band to sell separately? (Which I want.)

I saw on the Nikelab site that they still had the 38mm available, but the 42 went fast!

I do like that band and hope they sell it separate at some point. I really don't want a silicone knock off either. I much prefer the fluoroelastomer bands.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I saw on the Nikelab site that they still had the 38mm available, but the 42 went fast!

I do like that band and hope they sell it separate at some point. I really don't want a silicone knock off either. I much prefer the fluoroelastomer bands.

There definitely is no comparison to Apple's flueroastamer OEM bands compared to third party bands with texture.

Reactions: SDColorado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.