Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Ordered a saddle brown classic buckle from Best Buy a few days ago before they sold out of the old style buckle. I'm not a huge fan of the redesigned classic buckle bands. The clasp looks too much like the modern buckle and is generally too large for my taste.

Love this band though! Great color and it looks really sharp when paired with a navy blue chronograph face. Credit to @cosmogs post on the last page for the idea.
IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
I sold my first generation Apple Watch yesterday, because I'm about to get Series 2.
Now I'm wondering which size to go for. I used to have the 38mm and it fit perfectly, but I wouldn't mind using the 42mm (despite having small wrists).
The problem is that if I get the 42mm one, I will have to use it with the sport bands only, as they come with a S/M size.
But I've fall in love with the new orange nylon band on a space gray watch. If I buy the 42mm watch, the 42mm nylon band will be too big.

So I have two choices now - either go for 42mm and use it only with the sports bands, or go for the 38mm model so that I can mix and match the case and the band as I like it.

Which one would you choose?

This is how 38mm looks on my wrist:

Attachments

• IMG_3224.JPG
    IMG_3224.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_3225.JPG
    IMG_3225.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 368

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
I sold my first generation Apple Watch yesterday, because I'm about to get Series 2.
Now I'm wondering which size to go for. I used to have the 38mm and it fit perfectly, but I wouldn't mind using the 42mm (despite having small wrists).
The problem is that if I get the 42mm one, I will have to use it with the sport bands only, as they come with a S/M size.
But I've fall in love with the new orange nylon band on a space gray watch. If I buy the 42mm watch, the 42mm nylon band will be too big.

So I have two choices now - either go for 42mm and use it only with the sports bands, or go for the 38mm model so that I can mix and match the case and the band as I like it.

Which one would you choose?

This is how 38mm looks on my wrist:
Stick with the 38 for this reason alone. If your wrists are small enough that some 42mm straps at their smallest setting are too big, the 42 is just too big for your wrist size. And imo, considering how the 38 looks on you, I think the 42 would also look too big

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Stick with the 38 for this reason alone. If your wrists are small enough that some 42mm straps at their smallest setting are too big, the 42 is just too big for your wrist size. And imo, considering how the 38 looks on you, I think the 42 would also look too big

+1

The interchangeable straps are one of the biggest things to many people when they get started (myself as well) so don't leave out that option

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Not a big fan either, that's because of the nice sleek look of the case, and then you give it such a rough big band. It's too much for (what i think) is a distinguished design. don't like the bigass buckle either ;)

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Just a quick update. I finally got the original Apple Stainless Steel Link bracelet for my 42mm SS S2 - and my god is it perfect.

I've had a early HOCO link (for my old SB SS S0) and two MOKO and a JeTECH (that got shipped back straight away - damn that was terrible)

All of the above doesn't even come remotely close to the original - I got a great deal on a open box, but unused link bracelet and yes: they are way more expensive than the Chinese knock offs but it's worth every single penny! The clasp is miles better (MoKo have tried to copy it, but it feels cheap and rattels a lot) and the system of taking links on and off are just superb. I tested the difference between one more and less the first couple of days and it literally takes seconds - great work inventing that system. All in all, are you on the fence with buying this: go for it. It's a massive upgrade of the watch and looks spectacular in both a formal setting and a casual setting

REALLY nice!

Reactions: xDKP

svepo

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Germany
That's cool you got a bull strap. I wonder how the quality is compared to Nomad

I don´t have the Nomad strap. But the built quality of the Bullstrap is on point. It´s a little bit to heavy to remove the band from your wrist, the first times, but this is the only negative aspect.
I think i will buy a second one in a few moths. Would definitely recommend it.

Reactions: xDKP

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Series 2 SS with the new Camellia sport band. Loving it.

View attachment 693407
[doublepost=1490396088][/doublepost]Series 2 SS with the new Azure sport band. Not bad either.

View attachment 693409
They both look incredible and great pics :)
[doublepost=1491950783][/doublepost]
Received my Pride band today from a seller on eBay. It is gorgeous!

View attachment 692905 View attachment 692906 View attachment 692907
Looks great. Is that the official band that Apple gave to staff?

Reactions: Mythicstatus2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.