Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Ceramic Grey and Aluminum

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled6.jpg
_ANA1262-Edit.jpg
Untitled.jpg

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
I’m loving all the red dots. Too bad I’ll never need a cellular watch

You can buy red dot stickers for a few $ - I've never seen one in real life, but if the material is thin enough no one will spot the difference ;)

Ceramic Grey and Aluminum

I'm curious how well the ceramic grey version is selling. For me, this color option is not very attractive and doesn't match with most band colors. Of course, color choices are always a personal thing, but compared to the white ceramic watch, where almost everything looks great to match, this brown-grey one would never be my choice. Anyone going for the grey ceramic version, different opinions?

OzarkMtn

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
Home
Apple Watch Series 3 - Space Black Stainless - Black Milanese - 42 mm

FIRELINE Apple Watch Band 42mm Replacement Paracord Watch Band with Rugged Outdoor Survival Stainless Steel Shackle and 550 Paracord

7ccfcb0ea9ecc6949e2c554c0cdd13e9.jpg

gkingha

macrumors member
May 2, 2016
Canada
Dark Aubergine Classic Buckle with my SS Series 3. Not nearly as sharp as I was hoping. I find it pretty muted. The Dark Aubergine phone case I saw in store was much nicer. I'm probably going to return this.

Attachments

• IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    619.4 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_2775.jpg
    IMG_2775.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 629

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Dark Aubergine Classic Buckle with my SS Series 3. Not nearly as sharp as I was hoping. I find it pretty muted. The Dark Aubergine phone case I saw in store was much nicer. I'm probably going to return this.

That looks dark blue but the Apple store pics seem to show that it’s dark purple

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks for posting the Aubergine, I really wanted that one at first and I don’t like it at all in real pictures. You saved me $149!

Reactions: gkingha

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Ended up picking up the last of the Apple’s older black woven nylon design in stock at a local Best Buy. I’m not a fan of the new woven nylon black checkered and black striped designs, so I figured It would be best to pick up the older style while I still can. Never know when/if Apple will rerelease solid-ish colored woven nylon bands in the future...

Nothing really special about the combo, but I like the look nonetheless

P3n4U4c.jpg

Space Gray Series 3 42mm w/ Black Woven Nylon Band

Last edited:

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Ended up picking up the last of the Apple’s older black woven nylon design in stock at a local Best Buy. I’m not a fan of the new woven nylon black checkered and black striped designs, so I figured It would be best to pick up the older style while I still can. Never know when/if Apple will rerelease solid-ish colored woven nylon bands in the future...

P3n4U4c.jpg

I did the exact same thing, bought last years band as i don't like the new version. Luckily found one in Argos in the UK.

I love my combo. I bought the black woven nylon band for my S3 Space Gray 42mm at a fraction of Apple's price. This looks like the traditional black color of Apple's same band.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
I love my combo. I bought the black woven nylon band for my S3 Space Gray 42mm at a fraction of Apple's price. This looks like the traditional black color of Apple's same band.
Definitely considered getting a cheaper nylon band on Amazon. My gut swayed me to go with Apple's own band instead.

I view the Apple Watch bands as I view any other fashion item. There are always going to be great quality copycat/counterfeit versions of popular clothes/accessories brands, but there's still something special/satisfying knowing you bought/use the real thing.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.