Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
I originally just had a big grid of apps, but I've decided to go with apple apps on the right, 3rd party on the left.

Totally borrowed your idea - it makes so much sense! Thank you for the inspiration :)

b1WaGUs.jpg

sBhKddH.jpg

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Awesome! I'm glad it works for you as well. It makes sense for me because I know the general area of everything instead of having to memorize another home screen.

100% agree - I'm using stock apps more than 3rd party - much easier to find!

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I got my watch face as simple as possible, and the main menu colour coded..

That's awesome! The only thing holding me back from using the Simple face is the lack of being able to have a stock showing on the face. Other than that, I love it!

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet. In the Apple Watch app and can change the city abbreviations for the world clock complication to anything you want.

Apple Watch app > Clock > City Abbreviations

zIlWXlL.png

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Loving the ability to branch out on the home screen instead of just have everything as a big blob, it's better than fiddling around in a large mesh to find the app you want, just swipe in the general direction you want and you're there!

I've gone for:
Top: Fitness related apps
Bottom: Communication
Left: General organisation and miscellaneous
Right: Media (with all the "time" related apps as a branching block)

Still not finished yet but an enjoyable start :)

This is the best home screen I've seen. Branching makes much more sense than trying to make a symmetrical shape.

Reactions: Krabba

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
This is the best home screen I've seen. Branching makes much more sense than trying to make a symmetrical shape.

Thanks! It's a tiny bit bigger and more organised now but still largely the same. Thinking about it, the main aspect of its usefulness is the maximised surface area - almost every app is on the "edge" of the shape, making accidental tapping of the wrong app much less likely, especially with massive fingers like mine!

Last edited:

Tinny

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
here's my custom chronograp

Attachments

• 2ECCC17D-8A97-492C-8D14-EBE39DBC396F.PNG
    2ECCC17D-8A97-492C-8D14-EBE39DBC396F.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 303

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Here's my home screen. I hope I never have to change it because it is very touchy and not easy to get the app icons placed like this. It would be nice if Apple allowed a more free form and flexible home screen layout that would allow separate groupings of app icons, rather then requiring all apps to be "stuck" together.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 4,354
Reactions: kouaich

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
Here's my home screen. I hope I never have to change it because it is very touchy and not easy to get the app icons placed like this. It would be nice if Apple allowed a more free form and flexible home screen layout that would allow separate groupings of app icons, rather then requiring all apps to be "stuck" together.

Be careful of what app you delete. It can ruin your life, I mean layout. I learned the hard way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.