Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I have a few I rotate and I have these with me today. Bringing to compare to the Apple Watch for my try on appointment today. Guess Gold Chronograph and an Armani Exchange in silver. The Armani hasn't been working and there is some moisture inside or something, so my SS Apple Watch with a link band might just replace it. Also just bought this new Gold/Brown Emporio Armani about 2 months ago which is my current favorite. It's gonna be hard but I'm gonna try to use the Apple Watch only on some days since I like to switch it up. Maybe on days that I won't be caring about my phone much :cool::apple:

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
  • qi.jpg
    qi.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 101

djuzi

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Breitling was a graduation gift. Tag Heuer was birthday gift to myself. And Movado was a wedding gift. I think it's funny that people are complaining about charging every night when I have to put two of my watches in winders so they don't die lol. I suspect these guys will be sitting for a long time after the 24th :D

fPVsjn0l.jpg

kWoHkmDl.jpg

65675.jpg

Here's the Breitling after getting serviced recently after wearing it practically everyday for 4 years. Not to SS buyers: Polished Stainless Steel scratches... a lot lol.
qPzJne7l.jpg

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Seeing your Tag side by side makes you realise how plain and almost "toyish" Apple watch looks...
I think I'm going to cancel my order.....

There is some truth to that. When I compared them, I felt that way a bit, but to me, the Apple Watch is for fun and it's functional utility. I don't see it as a replacement from a 'jewelry' standpoint and definitely from a mechanical engineering standpoint.

Camusrieux

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2013
I have an original Kickstarter Pebble and a stainless steel Invicta Pro Diver 8932.

The Pebble died months ago, though I liked the functionality while it lasted. To my mind, it worked well as a proof-of-concept for the Apple Watch, but not much more. The Invicta was a $50 Amazon special; my understanding is that it makes serious watch buffs vomit in disgust, but it just seems like a minimally respectable-looking watch to me.

The fun part, this week, was going to my Apple Watch try-on appointment and verifying, in the (steel) "flesh," that the Apple Watch I've preordered (42mm SS with black sport band) is smaller, thinner and lighter than my Invicta. And that's even though the Invicta doesn't seem to me to be overly huge, thick, or heavy. It's a pretty ordinary men's SS watch, according to me.

42-millimeter Apple Watch too big? Too thick? Bah! I think I'm going to start agitating for a 46-millimeter model for the next generation. Or a 50! Let's get all "plus" on this thing!

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller
Certified to 12,800 feet, and I can shower with it on (although I never will).
What's IPX7?

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 130

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Here's my placeholder until… Watch SS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Thinking of an Omega. Wonder which one will I get next. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I haven't worn a watch for years, but in 1998 when I was working in Japan I was given this G-Shock Mudman by a colleague who collected them. I wore it for a number of years, and it's actually the last watch I wore. (Batteries have been dead for a while -- just dug it out of a drawer for the photo op.)

mudmangshock.jpg

This is the last watch I bought, though. A vintage Jabba the Hutt child's watch from 1983. :D

jabba_analog_watch.jpg

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Tudor Pelagos. Love it, have a small collection of Swiss mechanicals that don't get a look in since I got this.

Apple Watch won't replace it, purely buying the Apple Watch for fun and the gym. Cheaped out on the 38mm Sport accordingly, making it about 1/10th the value of my Tudor, ha. Version 3 will be where it gets really interesting and it stakes a serious claim as my main watch. Even then, doubt I'll shake off an interest in the history and mechanical genius of traditional watches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.