Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
Made a few small updates to my setup:

my_desktop_zps8412220a.jpg

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
ctyrider: What do you have ask your desktop? Those characters look familiar but I can't quite remember them.

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
New late 2012 Mini with 2.3 Quad i7, 256gb SSD, 16GB ram with 27" TBD and 23" LG IPS screen, Have the factory 1TB drive in a USB 3.0 enclosure. First time using a MAC and I've had it for about a week now. Really liking it for photo editing. :cool:

793870_10151228307222353_1045576637_o_zps4de8257b.jpg

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
since most people here have dual displays, thought id ask. is it possible, when using spaces, to have the second monitor freeze on 1 space, for example if i wanted to use all 9 spaces i utilize on the main display, but have itunes on the secondary display, regardless of the other screen's spaces

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
since most people here have dual displays, thought id ask. is it possible, when using spaces, to have the second monitor freeze on 1 space, for example if i wanted to use all 9 spaces i utilize on the main display, but have itunes on the secondary display, regardless of the other screen's spaces

Unfortunately, you don't have separate spaces on separate monitors. However, it is possible to make an app appear on all spaces. Right click on the icon for the app in the dock (IIRC). That's about the best you can do. I do this to my Twitter app.

weebi

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2009
Hi,

currently, I have a MacBook Pro Retina and one Mini-Displayport-CinemaDisplay and one Thunderbolt-Display connected to it. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect another Thunderbolt-Display, so that I have a triple monitor setup?

I do not need the mbp's internal screen, but three times 27" would be nice :)

RIS

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2012
UK
Nice!

I really like this setup! Classy looking desk compliments the Alu in my opinion....

So, I returned from my 6 month stay in Madrid, Spain. I'm back home in my beloved apartment (Amsterdam). I, therefore, purchased myself a new desk. A very nice teak oak table. Treated with some oil for good protection and it'll be good for years to come! Expensive but worth it ( I hope.. )

What do you see?

- 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM , 512GB SSD.
- 27" Thunderbolt Display
- Hercules XPS101 Speakers
- Magic Trackpad & Apple Wireless Keyboard
- iPad Mini 32GB Wifi White
- iPhone 5 32Gb White
- Rain mStand
- Desk (160cm x 90 cm)

What you don't see?

- Airport Expresses
- Time Capsule 2TB

Pictures taken with the iPhone and with the iPad Mini.

View attachment 394222
View attachment 394223
Taken with iPhone

View attachment 394224
View attachment 394225
Taken with the iPad

Previously, I had this setup. (I hated the need for constant cleaning of the damned glass!)
View attachment 394226

Muscle Master

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
Philadelphia
How's what possible? It's one Mini driving two displays.

Okay.. quick scenario... Okay.. You have your setup, left screen you just have photoshop open, and maube mail a few emails open. Right screen you got iTunes open, maybe safari with a couple tabs open also

How that possible? I'm just not understanding the duel screen setup

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Okay.. quick scenario... Okay.. You have your setup, left screen you just have photoshop open, and maube mail a few emails open. Right screen you got iTunes open, maybe safari with a couple tabs open also

He's using an extended desktop. Notice how there's no menu bar or dock on the 2nd screen.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI

Simple explanation is that the computer is treating the entire area of both monitors as one really big screen. You can drag the mouse off the left screen and it will be on the right as if it were one big monitor. You can drag windows back and forth too.

Muscle Master

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Simple explanation is that the computer is treating the entire area of both monitors as one really big screen. You can drag the mouse off the left screen and it will be on the right as if it were one big monitor. You can drag windows back and forth too.

Hmm.. That is useful, I can have 3 or 4 documents open on one screen while I'll do homework on the other

I hate macrumors... Keep spending all my damn money lol

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
New late 2012 Mini with 2.3 Quad i7, 256gb SSD, 16GB ram with 27" TBD and 23" LG IPS screen, Have the factory 1TB drive in a USB 3.0 enclosure. First time using a MAC and I've had it for about a week now. Really liking it for photo editing. :cool:

It looks like you're a fan of the F-16...

ChunkAhoy

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
I just installed my new Thunderbolt display. What do you think? :D

350q5tu.jpg

3599vyt.jpg

2e1rfoz.jpg

I received my new desk, display and chair this week.

ChunkAhoy

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
Thanks Acorn, i really like the Embody, it feels great and i think it looks awesome too. I also like how great of a pair it makes with the Envelop desk for finding a comfortable position.

wlossw, i'm not certain i understand what you mean when you say the desk curves on the right... ? Do you mean the front part that lowers at an angle when you pull?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.