Show your DIY iP5 docks!

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Lol creative :D
haha thank you! i didn't feel like paying 20-50 dollars for a dock that might not work and could take a month to get here so i just thought it would be a good cheap idea, cost me a whole 10 bucks and it reminds me of when i was a kid!:D

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Come on guys, I want to see some really ghetto ones. Someone break out the cardboard and duct tape.

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
Come on guys, I want to see some really ghetto ones. Someone break out the cardboard and duct tape.
Mine is pretty ghetto. It's wood...but it works!

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367572&d=1349688539

wpalomine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Originally posted from the IPhone 4 dock conversion thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1462746/

Courtesy of my son's Lego set. Stress tested and approved by the spouse

Attachments

wpalomine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Here's the break up of the dock in three parts. The key component is the pic on the upper left. I added a double stick tape to fill the gap between the face plate and chord gripping piece. Without this, the adapter gets dislodged after a couple of tries.

Btw, the back piece is bulky because I originally planned to weight the dock down. However, the connector is tight. I added 2lb weight and it would still lift the entire dock. If an iPan Mini comes out, I plan to expand the back and front plates by two 2x4 bricks on each side.

Attachments

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
instructions for the lego docks would be appreciated by other iP5 & lego owners

---edit
I took my time posting this comment
I kinda just looked at some of the others and just got the basics and done my own thing with it...I don't plan on ever buying a dock now...no need too...also I did super glue some pieces together because I didn't want them popping off every time I plugged it in

----------

Here's the break up of the dock in three parts. The key component is the pic on the upper left. I added a double stick tape to fill the gap between the face plate and chord gripping piece. Without this, the adapter gets dislodged after a couple of tries.

Btw, the back piece is bulky because I originally planned to weight the dock down. However, the connector is tight. I added 2lb weight and it would still lift the entire dock. If an iPan Mini comes out, I plan to expand the back and front plates by two 2x4 bricks on each side.
Yours makes mine look like a 4 year old built it! haha I do like mine though because it just has those typical Legos colors and I was Lego CRAZY when I was younger

----------

Second try. This one I'm using daily. Shaved the sides of the lightning connector to make removing phone easier. Blackberry 9790 sync pod modified.
Very nice! Your Lego dock looked like it might have taken a while to build!

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC

Just built your dock in the Lego Creator app (its just as cool as it sounds) then went over to lego.com to buy the pieces. Total is $12.60 shipped, but theres a wait of almost 20 days :(