Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Dang, I was going to pick up an iPhone 7 Plus this Thursday. But looks like it's too late now if I get it this Thursday ? No way for the 7 Plus to be downgraded to 10.1 ?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
WTF, no iPhone for me then. Was gonna purchase an iPhone 7 Plus outright with part of my Christmas bonus. But with this news of no downgrading a new iPhone now, looks like I missed the boat.

This whole Jailbreak stuff with iPhone's is alien to me, so strange the way it goes.

I'm a Nexus guy, always root and ROM Android phones. They never have weird stuff like this, neededing to downgrade and only having a short 2 week period to do so, otherwise you miss out, WTF that's strange. And then never knowing if or when a JB may possibly maybe might come out some time.

Guess I'm sticking with my Nexus 6P, and will have to pick up a Pixel XL now. But I was super pumped for a JB 7 Plus, oh well

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
WTF, no iPhone for me then. Was gonna purchase an iPhone 7 Plus outright with part of my Christmas bonus. But with this news of no downgrading a new iPhone now, looks like I missed the boat.

This whole Jailbreak stuff with iPhone's is alien to me, so strange the way it goes.

I'm a Nexus guy, always root and ROM Android phones. They never have weird stuff like this, neededing to downgrade and only having a short 2 week period to do so, otherwise you miss out, WTF that's strange. And then never knowing if or when a JB may possibly maybe might come out some time.

Guess I'm sticking with my Nexus 6P, and will have to pick up a Pixel XL now. But I was super pumped for a JB 7 Plus, oh well

A new iPhone 7 should not have 10.2. You should be good.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
A new iPhone 7 should not have 10.2. You should be good.

Sweet, is there a way to tell ? Like before the T-Mobile rep gives me the phone, make sure they don't run any updates on it ?

What would a new iPhone 7 Plus bought this week have preinstalled ?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Sweet, is there a way to tell ? Like before the T-Mobile rep gives me the phone, make sure they don't run any updates on it ?

What would a new iPhone 7 Plus bought this week have preinstalled ?

You have 14 days to return it no questions asked.
So if it's on 10.2 or higher you can use it for a few days and return it.
But again nothing is set in stone and we don't really know what iOS version the next jb will be for, when, how or what.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Damn it, I'm late:(

That sucks, sorry to hear Applejuiced :(

I was on iOS 9 and hesitant to upgrade to 10.1.1 but I saw your post that you were downloading the 10.1.1 IPSW to downgrade which gave me confidence to do the same (your knowledge, and a select few on the forum, I regard very highly). Just was curious what made you wait to make the switch to 10.1.1? I'd assume it was the uncertain nature of when the jailbreak, if ever, is going to be released or perhaps it was something different.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That sucks, sorry to hear Applejuiced :(

I was on iOS 9 and hesitant to upgrade to 10.1.1 but I saw your post that you were downloading the 10.1.1 IPSW to downgrade which gave me confidence to do the same (your knowledge, and a select few on the forum, I regard very highly). Just was curious what made you wait to make the switch to 10.1.1? I'd assume it was the uncertain nature of when the jailbreak, if ever, is going to be released or perhaps it was something different.

Uncertain nature of the JB and laziness :D
I thought they would leave it open longer.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I was able to save my blobs, so I'm safe right? I'm on 10.2 right now.

Nope. Blobs are useless at the moment.
They might be interesting for future developments. But no way to downgrade.

You are stuck.
[doublepost=1482319733][/doublepost]Still on 9.3.3 with the jbme way. Better than certificate route thanks for that tip..somehow skipped that

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
luca will be releasing a beta jb for iPhone 6 & 7 & iPad pro in then next few hours, while adding other devices after.
This I guess is for 10.1.1 for the 7 and any ver of 10 on the pro.
Still working out some bugs

First beta will only support iPhone 7 on 10.1(.1), iPhone 6s and iPad Pro on any iOS 10 fw. Support for more devices will be added

Last edited:

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
luca will be releasing a beta jb for iPhone 6 & 7 & iPad pro in then next few hours, while adding other devices after.
This I guess is for 10.1.1 for the 7 and any ver of 10 on the pro.
Still working out some bugs

First beta will only support iPhone 7 on 10.1(.1), iPhone 6s and iPad Pro on any iOS 10 fw. Support for more devices will be added

Where on earth are you getting this information?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Well, would be a long time since i0n1c was actually helpful in the JB scene (besides his own 4.3.1 contribution)... but if he says so you can probably expect a 10.2 JB

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Me too! I was planning on going from iOS 8.4 to 10.1 this evening but saw the window was closed. Bah!

What is the difference between the jailbreak I have on my phone where I used Pangu on my Mac and the jailbreak where you pin the Safari link to the home screen? Is the 2nd of the two a tethered jailbreak?

link removed
DON'T link crap like that, its not real ;)
note the DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE IS NOT OFFICIALLY LINKED TO PANGU OR PP TEAM . IOS AND IPHONE ARE A TRADEMARK OF APPLE INC.
real link here,
http://en.pangu.io

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.