Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro Since iPadOS AppStore keeps asking for credentials

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

Since the new OS, everytime I try to update my apps the Appstore is asking me for credentials.
I was waiting patiently, maybe it will have been fixed with 13.1 or 13.2 etc. But the issue is still there and it is pretty annoying.

If I press the "update" button on each app separately then it works fine.
But if I press the "update all" button, this is where the problem occurs and I get a popup asking for my iCloud password to sign in (although I am already signed in).

I tried to sign out and sign in (through settings - itunes and app store), I also went on my profile and completely sign out and sign in. None of these fixed the issue.

Can anyone please let me know what I can do? Any suggestions?

Thank you

AutomaticApple

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello,

Since the new OS, everytime I try to update my apps the Appstore is asking me for credentials.
I was waiting patiently, maybe it will have been fixed with 13.1 or 13.2 etc. But the issue is still there and it is pretty annoying.

If I press the "update" button on each app separately then it works fine.
But if I press the "update all" button, this is where the problem occurs and I get a popup asking for my iCloud password to sign in (although I am already signed in).

I tried to sign out and sign in (through settings - itunes and app store), I also went on my profile and completely sign out and sign in. None of these fixed the issue.

Can anyone please let me know what I can do? Any suggestions?

Thank you
I can update my apps without having to enter any credentials. It sounds like the problem is isolated.

Reactions: JayMysterio
Comment

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Do you maybe know any way to fix that? I tried to search online with no luck.

Comment

Richard8655

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago
I would check that your AppleID and password is set correctly in settings/user name/iTunes & App Store.

Comment

Richard8655

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago
I would also verify these:

Settings/iTunes & App Store/Password Settings

Always Require = uncheck
Require Password (for free downloads) = turn off

Last edited:
Reactions: shieldcy
Comment

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
It seems to be working fine now!
I set the “require password” to “Don’t require”.

Thank you :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.