Site instability today?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by fischersd, Oct 12, 2017.

1. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Was an update done to the site last night or is anyone else noticing any instability?

Can't clear notifications and can't mark anything as read.

Heh...then there's this:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.16.32 AM.png

2. elf69 macrumors 68000

elf69

Getting this a lot today.

started with my alerts of new replies, click it and says post cannot be found.
    but can manually go find the post.

tried to like some posts, same error.

not seen other posts on this so must be me?

2010 macbook.
    2.4GHz, 8GB ram, 240GB SSD & 250GB HDD
    High Sierra
    Safari 11.0

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You are not alone, there are lots of issues with the forums today.

4. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Hey Team,

You probably know, but as of about 6-7am-ish (EST), several things aren't working.

I can make new posts, but not edit them. Most recent posts aren't showing up in the topic list (a couple had several posts after the displayed last post). I attempted to start a PM with someone (checking on the fires!), and it did start the PM, but it was not accessible after I navigated away.

Hope this post makes it!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2017 ---
    Oh yeah, this post did not create an index in the post listing for this sub-forum.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's a number of issues, including the fact that when you post, its not showing up in the forum list. Notifications seems to be broken as well. I notified the admins this morning, but @arn letting know couldn't hut.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The reply indicator is not clearing out after I look at the replies to my post.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

The forum site seems wonky today. Navigation isn't working properly, watched thread notification badge won't clear.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Is there an issue with the MacRumor’s site today? I made a post this morning, but when I tried to edit it, a message told me the post could not be found, but I can look at it, see link. I’m also noticing my notification flag count is rising, but when I check it, the number that usually goes away is remaining as if the site does not realize I’ve looked at my notifications.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/religious-freedom-—-bon-appétit-america.2075828/page-4
    Accessing with my iPad, which I restarted, but did not resolve the issue. I just tried to edit post 1in this thread and I got the same message that post could not be found, but I’m replying to it successfully.
    I also notice, when I try to reply to someone else’s post, I get the same message, post can’t be found.
    I’ll see what happens when I try to access the site with my Mac.

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

hello all, just seeing if anyone else was having issues clearing alerts (mainly likes and quotes) up at the top of the page?

Every time I open a new page my last 2 alerts keep showing up over the flag like they are unread.

I click on the flag and the #2 in red goes away until I open a new page and it comes back like it’s two new alerts again.

Not a huge issue, but curious if there was a way to clear all older alerts?

Thanks!

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Yep. There was / is a server sync issue. Should be resolved or resolving now.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I just checked in with my Mac and actually found this post. I sent the following message via your site form because I did not want to lose the page addresses. Whatever the issue is, it seems to have gone away on my iPad, and don't see it on Mac either. So I guess this is just a heads up, there was an issue.

I'm having an issue making posts and replying to posts using my ipad with ios11. The posts I make, don't appear on MacRumors and when I try to reply to some posts, I get a message that "post can't be found".

A thread I started, I can see my posts, and the site is allowing me to add new posts but, but if I try to edit my post the "can't find post" message appears.

In addition, the flag notification count appears, currently I see 8 notifications, but when I click on the flag, the number which normally dissapears, remains as if the site is not registering that I've checked my notifications.

Ok, thanks!

12. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

13. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Thanks! I was having some issues as well, and seems like all is good!

14. Scepticalscribe, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I thought it was just me, but am relieved to find that this is (or was) a forum wide issue.

Anyway, I, too, received those messages ("post cannot be found"), posts I made weren't registered as posts by the system, edits were impossible, - all much as others reported it.

I tried the old reliables - such as shutting down the computer, and logging out and then back in again, but to no avail.

Glad to see that it has been resolved.