Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Vision Pro headset will launch in the last week of January, a sketchy online report coming out of China claims.

Apple-WWCD23-Vision-Pro-EyeSight-230605.jpg

The information comes from Wall Street Insights, a Chinese investor news service with an unproven track record for Apple rumors. The website claims to have obtained exclusive information suggesting that the Vision Pro will launch on Saturday, January 27 in the United States. While the report clearly says that the launch is set to occur on a date that falls on a Saturday in the United States, there is a chance that the website is actually referring to January 27 in China, which falls on Friday, January 26 in the United States – a much more likely date for the launch of the Vision Pro.

Apple has rarely launched any of its hardware products on Saturdays, so it seems very unlikely that the Vision Pro headset would be the first. The company likely prefers to launch products on weekdays to align with normal business hours, ensuring maximum media coverage and stock market reaction. Friday, January 26 is likely also a more accurate interpretation since Apple overwhelmingly chooses Fridays to launch its new devices.

Apple simply says that the Vision Pro headset will launch "early" this year and has not yet announced any specific time frame for pre-orders and the product's launch. Oft-accurate Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo recently said that he expects the Vision Pro to hit shelves in late January or early February, which effectively lines up with this latest report from China. Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, on the other hand, has been firmer in saying that Apple is planning the device's retail launch for February.

Article Link: Sketchy Rumor Says Vision Pro Will Launch in Final Week of January

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SFjohn and raindogg

tuckerjj

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2010
The original Mac was introduced January 24th 1984, so I’m sure Apple would love to do something on this date 40 years later, probably an event, with “preorders” (bookings for an appointment to buy the Vision Pro in an Apple Store?) opening up on Friday 26th.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
If this is accurate (not the Saturday part, but end of Jan), there would need to be an event in mid-January.

Reactions: Antes

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I was very excited about the Vision Pro when it was announced and in the months since. I was particularly excited by the ability to use what’s essentially an iPad in a way that is accessible to someone like myself with fine motor skill issues. Unfortunately, the excitement wore off really quickly when I realized that I wouldn’t be able to use the Vision Pro after all, since no company today makes corrective lenses for VR headsets that go past (-16) when it comes to the sphere measurement (my measurement is (-18)).

8KYUP

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2015
Ready and waiting. Hoping we can order online rather than a store visit. Happy to go in for fit, however. We are almost there!

Native Office was a nice addition to productivity on the quest recently. That has already become a viable budget computer. Can't wait to see what Apple has native and how they integrate the Mac content. Expecting some magic there.

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
I was very excited about the Vision Pro when it was announced and in the months since. I was particularly excited by the ability to use what’s essentially an iPad in a way that is accessible to someone like myself with fine motor skill issues. Unfortunately, the excitement wore off really quickly when I realized that I wouldn’t be able to use the Vision Pro after all, since no company today makes corrective lenses for VR headsets that go past (-16) when it comes to the sphere measurement (my measurement is (-18)).
Maybe your glasses would fit inside? I wear glasses using my Playstation VR2, not sure how much room the VP has.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
This thing needs some big ass jaw dropping exclusive franchise content reveal along with its release to really make a splash. Some floating windows of apps you are already familiar using on your iPhone are not gonna cut it

"The Eras Tour 360 - Taylor Swift. Exclusive on Vision Pro" or something like that
Nah - it is already going to easily sell out of the initial run just for the "wow" factor, and being the first standalone apple product released since the iPad (Apple Watch is an iPhone accessory, still.) Having the ability to have a completely clear desk with a macbook pro on it, then just put on your headset and get your safari windows automatically floating above your desk surface and a 50" mac display in the center will be enough to get people trying it out, even at the insane price point. That plus the starbucks surfing crowd looking to show off their $3.5k headset while they write their next self-published novel.

This device needs people actually willing to use it for work to buy it to propel it forward as a platform, not swifties looking to drop $5k on taylor merch gimmicks. The Vision Pro is being marketed as a productivity device, entertainment is currently just a bonus feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.