Other SlowChargeMode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by floling, Apr 22, 2018.

1. floling macrumors member

Everybody is aching to charge their phones as quickly as possible, suddenly rushing through life, finding themselves with a 5% battery, and the best thing would be to just charging it up in seconds.

I usually charge my phone at night, since one full charge is enough for a whole day (usually i’m at 10-20% when i go to bed)

But the issue: they say you shouldn’t leave your phone on the charger for a longer time when it’s already 100% charged, and quick charging is not very good for the battery health.

Since I usually sleep 7-8 hours why isn’t there a slow charging mode, that takes that long for a full load and is much healthier for the battery?

cheers

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The iPhone charging system stops when you battery is full. You need not worry about over charging.

3. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Apple didn’t fix the overcharging issue on iPad until iOS 11.3. It’s not a priority for them.

Most iPhone users are more concerned about short term battery life and day to day usage.

Ideally, Apple would implement an 80/20 charging rule to improve battery longevity. But then you would hear the media talk about how “true” battery life is only 80% of rated capacity.

4. chabig macrumors 603

Whomever "they" is, "they" don't know what "they" are talking about. "They" are not Apple. Newton's Apple is correct. Apple says, "Charge your Apple lithium-ion battery whenever you want."

https://www.apple.com/batteries

5. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

“They” includes Tesla.

Apple doesn’t manufacture their own batteries and with a one year warranty for iPhone, Apple couldn’t care less about battery longevity.