So.... AT&T rep just screwed up my 6+ preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CCov, Sep 16, 2014.

1. CCov macrumors member

I was on the phone trying to sort out contact info and billing for my 6+. After a while she says "good news! I canceled your order and placed another" that was her solution to getting all my info to match. My orgianal ship date was October 2nd. Now I'm towards the end of November. I am at a loss for words.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

4. mm1250 macrumors 6502

YEA.

dealing with similar issue. on hold again. Last att rep yelled and hung up on me.

i'm switching to Verizon.

ooh btw... if you ask to speak to a manager its 24-48hrs

5. CCov thread starter macrumors member

Thanks lol. I'm beyond devastated. I never asked her to do that. She said she will talk to her boss and try and get it placed back up front. My guess there is a 0% chance of that happening

----------

When I check my order online it still has the original date. Hopefully it will be okay. But my guess is I'll be standing in line Friday morning

----------

When I check my order online it still has the original date. Hopefully it will be okay. But my guess is I'll be standing in line Friday morning

6. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

OMG!
    That's AWEFUL!
    If I were you, I call and ask for a supervisor and at least get some compensation for the idiot who did this!

7. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

OMG. I would have lost it at that point. That's horrible.

8. CCov thread starter macrumors member

Like the previous guy said. 48 hour wait. I called back and they said there's not a whole lot I can do.

9. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

You know what's just as bad too? Starting with a November 9th-27th shipping date.

10. CCov thread starter macrumors member

Lol I'm a grown ass man and and the AT&T lady almost made me cry.

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I would call back.. escalate to a senior manager.. and politely raise hell. :mad:

:apple:

12. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Lesson: look in the mirror, there you'll see who's responsible for being prepared and placing the order correctly the first time.

Playing the victim and attacking the carrier will only gain the support of fellow victims. Pointing the finger and blaming is futile.

13. sobucky macrumors 6502

I had a problem as well but I ordered from apple, their system couldn't process my order and I had to contact my CC issuer to give them a approval code for my order... But good thing is that they called me and I had a specific rep to help me solve my problem and I got the reps personal line number to reach him... After all that everything was solve and my date was still the same oct 1-6

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

15. CCov thread starter macrumors member

Lol it isn't my fault. Bank deactivated my cc because of fradualnt activity yesterday. Was calling to add another card. If you don't have anything helpful to say move on to another thread

----------

I did lol. She said yes. In November.

16. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

actions speak louder than words. Call, explain that you don't have 48 hours to wait to speak to a manager. You've been a customer for xx years and have not had any issues up until now. You'd like to either speak to a manager completely or you'd like to cancel your order and your service with ATT and you'd like more information about how you port your number to Verizon.

If you don't get to speak to a manager and get it rectified, switch.

17. Deguello macrumors 6502

Not making excuses for yelling, but it's not realistic to expect AT&T to staff enough full time managers to have enough to cover these peaks within normal response times.

18. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

That's the difference between ordering from apple and from your carrier. I try to always go thru apple these days.

19. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

You'll get a manager if you ask the billing rep while canceling.

20. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

21. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

Does that push your upgrade eligibility back 2 months?

Can you start a two year contract and wait a year to use your discount?

22. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Damn, I imagine what your reaction would be. Should have recorded the call, let us hear it all.

23. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

The only comfort I can offer is that the November date is probably a CYA thing and they usually over-estimate to be safe. There is a good chance you will get your new beautiful new iPhone before the estimated date.

Also, would it be possible to visit an ATT store and speak to a manager there and see if they can hold a phone for you?
    I know that usually all stores get a percent of phones to hold in case someone gets a DOA phone of something.
    It wouldn't hurt to try.
    Sorry for you.:(

24. CCov thread starter macrumors member

Exactly what I just did. I called my local store and pled my case with no luck. My girlfriend went up there and changed their minds (assuming she showed some nip) the manager said he would hold one 64gb 6+ sspace gray for me! Don't even have to wait in line!