Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
And how's that medicine tasting right now, boltjames ? :)

I for one will be enjoying my new Skylake rMB with extended battery life.

Tastes just fine. Since I don't like Pink electronics and I don't need 11 hours of battery life as I never come close to using the 10 I currently receive, today might as well have never happened.

What I should be asking you is if waiting a year stuck with an old notebook was worth it for the Big Skylake Yawn that today represented and if you're psyched to be paying $300 more than you need to for the same machine. But if you love Pink, well, today is Christmas morning.

BJ
[doublepost=1461128534][/doublepost]
I'm eager to hear your response BJ. I love how essentially THE ONLY change this update brought was Skylake, with an extra hour of battery life really the only other major differentiating feature. It throws BJ's theory even farther down the toilet ;)

There are 2 theories here:

1. Apple won't update the RMB until August 2016 at the earliest.

2. Even if Skylake is added it won't mean anything to the core RMB buyer.

So for #1 I was off by 3 months and for #2 I was spot-on. I think I did well, actually. Nostradamus watch out.

BJ

Reactions: SAdProZ

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Tastes just fine. Since I don't like Pink electronics and I don't need 11 hours of battery life as I never come close to using the 10 I currently receive, today might as well have never happened.

What I should be asking you is if waiting a year stuck with an old notebook was worth it for the Big Skylake Yawn that today represented and if you're psyched to be paying $300 more than you need to for the same machine. But if you love Pink, well, today is Christmas morning.

BJ
[doublepost=1461128534][/doublepost]

So for #1 I was off by 3 months and for #2 I was spot-on. I think I did well, actually. Nostradamus watch out.

BJ

No, you were very adamant in several threads of no update happening. Now you are backpedaling and choosing to see this as not a real update. Skylake and a new color is all that most reasonable people could expect one year after an update.

You shouldn't be so full of yourself.

Amazing Ox Space Monkey

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015

BJ
That's what the business school graduate said. BTW, a theory is believeable only if it's at least 95% accurate. 3 months off of a 13 month refresh cycle is more or less 25% off. So your theories are worthless.

Regarding 2, the core RMB buyer will enjoy the improvements SkyLake brings and the thought they have the latest and the greatest. On the other hand, you will be desperatly missed in the apple stores cause you could have educated the poor average rMB customers what to get.

Customer: I want to buy a new rMB
BJ: you don't need the new, it don't mean anything to me. Get the old
Customer: but it has the SkyLake
BJ: SkyLake means nothing.
Customer: SkyLake is faster
BJ: you will open FaceBook 0.000001 seconds faster
Customer: but it has faster graphics
BJ: faster graphics don't mean anything to the core rMB users
Customer: but it has faster SSD
BJ: faster SSDs are worthless for the rMB
Customer: but it has faster memory
BJ: faster memory is irrelevant to the tasks you are going to perform
Customer: but..
Bj: trust me, I'm a business school graduate, and I ride a BMW, have a Rolex, trophy wife and I'm much greater than Nostradamus. Apple made a huge mistake introducing SkyLake to rMB. The older laptop was good enough and the improvements on the new are worthless.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
That's what the business school graduate said. BTW, a theory is believeable only if it's at least 95% accurate. 3 months off of a 13 month refresh cycle is more or less 25% off. So your theories are worthless.

My theories amused me for countless hours and helped stave off and frustrate all the RMB haters for the last six months.

I'm not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.

BJ

Last edited:
Reactions: SAdProZ

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Completely incorrect.

I made an incorrect prediction, this is definitely a "real" update and apparently what everyone wanted. Skylake is here!

Maybe now you can tell me why no one is excited. Maybe now you can tell me why the big takeaway from the forum in the past 24 hours is that it's Pink and it's $400 more expensive than the model they could have bought on Monday. BJ may have been incorrect on a date but he was spot-on when it came to its value.

BJ
[doublepost=1461167117][/doublepost]

My theories amused me for countless hours and helped stave off and frustrate all the RMB haters for the last six months.

BJ

You made an incorrect prediction that you were very vocal about and continued to promote as fact. You were wrong. I don't really care because you're the one building the rep for yourself on the boards. Just calling you out so people know to ignore your future predictions.

No one reasonable expected anything beyond skylake and a new color. I knew that was the update so I bought one on sale at Best Buy a month ago.

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012

So spending countless hours typing diatribes of half-baked predictions and poorly thought out theories, only to be proven completely wrong at the end, counts as "entertainment" to you? I mist say, your ideas of entertainment are quite different than those of most people..

And as others already mentioned.. You seriously need to learn some humility and self-doubt. Use this as a lesson, rather than continuing arguing and trying to spin your way out of it. The ability to reflect and acknowledge when you're wrong is a good thing, and it will help you in real life.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
So spending countless hours typing diatribes of half-baked predictions and poorly thought out theories, only to be proven completely wrong at the end, counts as "entertainment" to you? I mist say, your ideas of entertainment are quite different than those of most people..

Yes, exactly. You seem to think that my being 'right' or 'wrong' matters to me. What matters to me is the debate, which I gleefully won day after day after day for half a year. The fact that in the end my theory was incorrect matters only to you. Twisting feeble minds was quite entertaining. I lost yesterday. I'm winning today. I won each day since last October. The score: 179 to 1. Golden State's got nothing on me.

And as others already mentioned.. You seriously need to learn some humility and self-doubt. Use this as a lesson, rather than continuing arguing and trying to spin your way out of it. The ability to reflect and acknowledge when you're wrong is a good thing, and it will help you in real life.

Humility? Self-doubt? Learning lesson?

Where's your humility in being right yet lecturing me on my inaccuracy? Where's your self-doubt displayed when your uninformed guessing turned out to be right where mine was wrong? Where's your learning lesson now that all your waiting and agonizing and complaining led to a Pink notebook that's more expensive than the one you could have enjoyed since last April? Mirror. Find one.

BJ

touchstoned

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2015
Hermosa Beach, CA
I was also disappointed by the keynote, but I think a lot of the comments here are overblown. This is coming from a poster who is himself known to exaggerate...

The 2016 rMB is a slight upgrade, but still worlds better than any ultrabook. Please, I suggest anybody who questions this to sell their rMB and get a dell/thinkpad/etc... you'll quickly realize your mistake.

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
Yes, exactly. You seem to think that my being 'right' or 'wrong' matters to me. What matters to me is the debate, which I gleefully won day after day after day for half a year.

Uh huh. The only place where you "won" is inside of your narcissistic mind. Have fun with that. I am out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.