So, I didn't get white...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poot1234, Jun 18, 2010.

1. poot1234 macrumors member

But I got black! And I plan on buying a white back and maybe white front from some "fix it yourself" website because I am guessing apple won't let you trade in your phone for a different color. I really loved the white, too bad, but maybe this will be the answer to all of us people that pre-ordered and didn't get the color we wanted!

2. sgosine macrumors member

That's exactly why I reserved rather than pre-ordered. Was hoping that they would as if i wanted to trade up like with the iPad launch. Here's to hoping...

3. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I made the mistake of pre-ordering so I am pretty much out of luck to trade it in..

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

here's an idea, wait for the white iPhone to launch.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

their is no restocking fee if you don't open the package.

6. sgosine macrumors member

Has there even been a definitive announcement from apple on what's up with the white version?

7. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, I may just have to try and go down to my local apple store and see if they have any white in stock the day I get my phone then, thanks for the info

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The only semi-official words we have heard was something to the effect of "as quickly as we can."

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Actually, there hasn't been any (yet).

10. poot1234 thread starter macrumors member

I would guess the white is only available for first come, first serve on the 24th. That, or it will be released on a later date.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I have a reservation for the 24th for a Black iPhone and I keep telling myself its just a color, but the more I look at the white iPhone the more I want it.

12. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

If you're willing to take your phone apart to make your own white one, wait a while. Colorware will probably come out with a series of colored plates for the phone.

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=941949

A dude in that thread brought up a good point. Delayed gratification! ;) Wait for what you really want!

14. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

So i dont post another thread, whats the difference between reserving and pre-ordering/picking up?

EDIT - Can i reserve at AT&T/Best Buy/Raido Shack/Walmart? Sorry I dont have an apple store by me :(

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Reserving means they hold the phone in the store and you pick it up there.

Preordering means they ship it to your house.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

yeah I saw that thread, he/she had a good point.

I'm considering canceling my Reservation and just wait for the white version, deep down thats the version I want more and I rather not go through the hassle of returning, paying the restocking fee and having to re-buy and activate phone again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Alright. In regards to reserving, can you do that at any of the stores selling the iPhone or just Apple? Because I dont have an Apple store near me, am I SOL on the reservations?

18. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

my next door neighbor said he reserved at an AT&T store, but I'm not sure if I miss heard him because we were both in a hurry this morning (leaving for work). but for us we have an AT&T store and an Apple Store in the Mall not too far from each other, so I don't know why head prefer to go to an AT&T store instead.

but Best Buy and Radio were both taking reservation.

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

@saving107 - DO IT! We should wait it out. ;)

For Apple, yes and no. Every store will have some non-reserved phones you can purchase. You'll need to get there early. Otherwise, you're SOL for Apple. AT&T is the same deal.

Otherwise, right now... you can only purchase iPhones from Apple online for delivery to your home or find a Radio Shack or Best Buy with phones left to reserve. I believe Best Buy has stopped selling phone reservations though. :(

20. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I didn't want a white one until I saw them in their bumpers. But I bought black based on the thought that white around the screen is an unknown. Bezels are historically dark and I'm concerned on what the white will do to the overall screen appearance. But they look spankin'.

21. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Dude.... JUST WAIT! You are never gonna be happy unless you get the White iPhone 4. I've had a white 3G for 2 years and I can't wait for the Black one, you should be excited about whatever color you get, and it sounds like the black doesn't make you excited.

22. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The man has a point!

23. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You've convinced me. iOS 4.0 will come out on Monday, that should hold me over until the White iPhone 4 gets released.

24. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Good! Now I'm completely convinced too. For a while today, I contemplated getting a black and dealing with it... but delayed gratification makes it even better. It's good to know other people are doing the same thing too. ;)

25. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I've decided that even though I preferred the white one, to give it until launch day to find out what's really up. I love the white, but I've always thought the black looked good too... so it's only a matter of not psyching myself out about the color. The new iPhone is awesome, and I want it on launch day, period. So I'm gonna wait in line, and if they have white early on GREAT but if not I'm gonna be happy with the black. Put it in a white bumper and call it a day. :D

EDIT:
    Very proud of you guys above me though who are sticking it out till the end. I can't do it. I've gotta be there day 1. Please don't hate me. :p