So... No white iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachingguy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Has Apple just given up on the white iPhone 4? It's not even on the Apple or ATT page at all. I know quite a few people who are waiting for white... Have any media outlets looked into this? Or, have I missed a memo?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There has been so many threads on this, so I'm just letting you know for next time, so you aren't unnecessarily flamed. :eek: :eek:

They obviously didn't give up on the iPhone 4 White because it is still advertised on Apple's website. :)

3. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

I know this is like the fiftieth thread on this but I think it's coming in October. I'm unsure as if the units on eBay are real, but a few of them have the actual white iPhone on the box and are from Hong Kong, so my guess is that the final units are done and Apple is just waiting for the September 30th date to release the white iPhone so they do not have to include them on the free case program.

4. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I shows up in the store, albeit unavailable still.

[​IMG]

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

6. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

On MBW Andy Inhatko said that he had been told doing White electronics was a gigantic pain in the ass. It requires a lot of special steps to assure the white colour is consistent etc.

Judging by the sellouts everywhere and 3+ week shipping time, I'm guessing Apple just wants to get as many phones out the door as possible and getting the white line up and going will take time and effort.

8. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

^ Not to be rude but … you and the REST of the world is still waiting.

I still call bull on this. If after market casings can make whites that are seriously close to the real deal and showing up on threads on howardforums or on ebay for show & tell vs sale (respectively) - I have no clue what Foxconn is doing wrong.

Apple is just too hush/mum on the precise details of the issue its really hard to believe Apple.

At this point I'm thinking 2 things:
    1) This is Apple's insurance plan to bang out crazy sales #'s/Revenues/Profits for holiday season with big Ol Saint Nick & snow commercial/ad compaign to follow suit with announcement of issues resolved and shipping.

2) if Issues are really screwing up in qaulity controls, when released go with #1 above and just release a 64GB edition - heck iPod Touch 4 has this, why not iPhone 4?!!

9. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

10. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It was nothing but vaporware.

A ruse

In a brilliant show of smoke & mirrors the gullible went for it.

David Copperfield would be proud.

11. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

12. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

I gave up and just got a black one ... best choice.

13. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

No offense taken. Still waiting for a white iP4 as opposed to settling for black.;)

14. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

15. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Why so impatient?

It's not December 32nd yet.

16. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

+1:D It'll be out, if they have it on their website still, they won't just give up on it.

17. ok3wire macrumors member

I recall earlier speculation that Apple might use the roll out of the white model to introduce some hardware tweaks. Does this possibility seem more or less likely at present?

18. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Less likely.

19. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

It'll be just like Push notifications.

They announce it in June of one year, never release it, then re-announce it the June after!

20. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I didn't realize this at first but the 4 looks better in black. It's so shiny and glossy that it's a whole different feel than the old ones. I still think the old ones looked better in white than black by the 4 feels quite different. It's glossy look fits better with classy black. It's a whole new feel. The old phone with the plastic looked ugly and bland in black. But the glass makes it all different now.

I wanted white really bad I thought. But now I don't even care. I would just make an impulse buy in the morning.

21. steph280 macrumors member

If you read the post by a guy who did the white backplate install, the LED was so bright it actually goes through the white plate and affects the camera. Probably just one of the issue causing Apple to delay this color.

But with so many clever engineers working at Apple, I am surprised it's taking this long to resolve.

Who knows, by the time we see white iPhone4, it may already be iPhone 4.5 with liquid metal...

22. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP